Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our record of gaining points from losing positions 10:18 - Jan 23 with 750 viewsrkc123

One thing I haven't seen mentioned by pundits in relation to our amazing record of getting back into games and securing points having been behind, is that it's further reflection of what an amazing manager McKenna is.

There's a lot of talk of the fitness and never give up attitude (which comes from McKenna anyway), but I think a large part of it is he is by quite a distance the best manager in the league, he adapts to the game as it unfolds, and makes changes (subs, but also just tactical tweaks) that outmanoeuvre the opposition, tipping the balance in our favour.

I don't want to end this on a sour note, but my attitude throughout this season has been to just enjoy the ride, I thought we were going to have a good first season at this level, but I didn't see us being this high up at this stage, particularly with the quality of teams around us, so if we were to fall short of the top 2 then it's still an amazing season. However, I now worry that unless we make it up this year, McKenna might get interest that he cannot turn down, and I do worry how much of a drop off we could have without him in charge.
[Post edited 23 Jan 10:19]
Our record of gaining points from losing positions on 10:19 - Jan 23 with 725 viewstractorboy1978

Don't worry, enjoy it.
Our record of gaining points from losing positions on 10:37 - Jan 23 with 630 viewsClutch

They spoke of it loads on Sky, so not sure if this was sarcastic?! Haha.
Our record of gaining points from losing positions on 10:49 - Jan 23 with 585 viewsRyorry

Sky last night made a big thing of our being top of the league for points gained from losing positions, which is an attribute inherently down to the manager as well as players & their fitness (honourable mention for our fitness & sports science backroom staff here - what a gobsmacking contrast with our fitness coach being located 400 miles away under ME!!).

KM is wise enough to know that he can go all the way with us in building a huge project here - it'd take something so ridiculously massive to lure him away before the latter end of next season that in reality it's unlikely to be something he'd be offered.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Our record of gaining points from losing positions on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 521 viewsGeoffSentence

I can't find it now, but I saw a report somewhere the other day, could have been Sky or Guardian or maybe even BBC, where they reported that our points gained from losing positions tally at that stage, which would have been a game or tow ago, was only 2 or three behind the best for the whole of last season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024