Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match 11:59 - Jan 22 with 1058 viewspatrickswell

This may have been shared before, and would probably work better in the close season, but the full broadcast of Town's 2-2 draw at Anfield in April 1984, shortly after Wark moved there and Eric Gates scored two crackers is currently on YouTube.

Interesting from an historical perspective, not least because 9 days later that Town side beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, after trailing at half-time and remain the last side to have done this, nearly 40 years on!

[Post edited 22 Jan 11:59]
Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 12:06 - Jan 22 with 1007 viewsNthQldITFC

Motty!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 13:01 - Jan 22 with 880 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I went to both of those games.

Alan Sunderland scored the winner at Old Trafford from about an inch out. Held back 90 minutes after the game. The locals werenโ€™t happy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Poll: Our final position

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 790 viewsfarkenhell

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 13:01 - Jan 22 by southnorfolkblue

I went to both of those games.

Alan Sunderland scored the winner at Old Trafford from about an inch out. Held back 90 minutes after the game. The locals werenโ€™t happy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

With his nuts wasn't it?
Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 13:58 - Jan 22 with 780 viewsgainsboroughblue

Our form from about March onwards that season was ridiculous. We were looking nailed on for relegation and ended up finishing 12th. As well as the draw at Anfield, we won at Old Trafford. I think we are still the last team to win at Man Utd after trailing at half-time.

Edit. Didn't even read the OP properly where it said all this already! Doh. My eyes were just focused on the video link.
[Post edited 22 Jan 13:59]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 16:51 - Jan 22 with 615 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Ridiculous that there were 7 of that side who played in the second tier for us after relegation and failed to get us promoted - add the likes of Dozzell & Kevin Wilson
Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 18:41 - Jan 22 with 493 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 13:53 - Jan 22 by farkenhell

With his nuts wasn't it?

Yep

Poll: Our final position

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 18:46 - Jan 22 with 478 viewspatrickswell

Liverpool - Ipswich April 1984 Full match on 16:51 - Jan 22 by burnbudgiesburn

Ridiculous that there were 7 of that side who played in the second tier for us after relegation and failed to get us promoted - add the likes of Dozzell & Kevin Wilson

At the risk of being pedantic, Yallop, Zondervan & Dozzell did eventually help get us promoted. Yallop also tasted victory at Anfield in a Town shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024