Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Family Section 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1067 viewsLeaky

As a SBR Lower season ticket holder, I am looking to take my 8 year old great grandson to his first game against Maidstone. Looking to get tickets for my son, grandson as well to get 4 generations in the ground. Just looking for advice on the view an 8 year old can expect. Obviously behaviour wise it will be different to where I normally stand/sit. Am in the process of ringing the club to arrange tickets.
Family Section on 10:20 - Jan 15 with 936 viewsWhos_blue

I've sat in all bar the Churchmans with my kids over the years.
There aren't really any bad views (apart from the restricted view ones of course).
SBR lower is age restricted. I think it's over 14s only.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Family Section on 10:25 - Jan 15 with 900 viewsEuanTown

As it is a cup game once the season ticket holders have bought their regular seat you should have a good selection of spares when on general sale. Can't really see it selling out. On TV. Opposition etc. so for the same money you can go for the best views from Magnus/cobbold middle. But be warned the atmosphere there is poor on such games as lots of new people. Magnus middle tier good views but like any seat it gets worse to the corners. Sit front of Magnus if the eight year old wants to be close to the players. See them warming up etc. a few thoughts
Family Section on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 790 viewsEarls_Jeans

Agree with others on there not being many 'bad' places to sit.

I've sat in various parts of the ground the last two seasons with my nine year old and my 7YO came on Saturday as well. We sat fairly high up in the corner of the SAR and despite having sat there loads of times I quickly realised what a poor sight line to the goal at that end my daughter had. Same thing applies to the side stands really, if you're taking a child then being fairly 'front on' to the action is definitely preferable as when they have to look diagonally across a sea of heads at the action - particularly if people stand up when an attack develops - they literally can't see a thing!
Family Section on 11:38 - Jan 15 with 698 viewsZx1988

The upper Pioneer is a bit of a mixed bag. Depending on where you sit, the lower rows and stand structure can obscure the view of the near touchline/corners. I imagine it would be compounded for an 8-year-old, given their smaller stature.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Family Section on 18:23 - Jan 15 with 474 viewsHelp

you might find that has been complicated by the announcement today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024