Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Fairs 20:35 - Jan 12 with 3497 viewsGlasgowBlue

Have you seen this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325965453690?hash=item4be50e197a:g:zTAAAOSwZghloFa6&a

Not sure I can justify this to Mrs GB.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Joe Fairs on 20:38 - Jan 12 with 2907 viewsEireannach_gorm

The obvious solution is to use the female tactic of not mentioning the purchase and then for it to appear in your wardrobe months later as if it has always been there.
Joe Fairs on 20:41 - Jan 12 with 2863 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone know what game that was used in? I thought the season after we had won the UEFA Cup we had Pioneer as the sponsor, with Radio Orwell coming a season or so after that was displayed on shirts with the Viva Franka home and away kits.
Joe Fairs on 20:44 - Jan 12 with 2840 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, and too rich for me! Think we wore it at Luton in the cup

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joe Fairs on 20:45 - Jan 12 with 2824 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Joe Fairs on 20:41 - Jan 12 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Anyone know what game that was used in? I thought the season after we had won the UEFA Cup we had Pioneer as the sponsor, with Radio Orwell coming a season or so after that was displayed on shirts with the Viva Franka home and away kits.

Timeline doesn’t match up for the shirt/sponsor here: https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/h---m/category/ipswich-town#PhotoSwipe17

Is it real?
Joe Fairs on 20:52 - Jan 12 with 2784 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How often does it get washed for that to happen to the advertising logo? Presumably "match-worn" refers to a fan wearing it to a match rather than it being worn by Mariner.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joe Fairs on 20:53 - Jan 12 with 2773 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joe Fairs on 20:45 - Jan 12 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Timeline doesn’t match up for the shirt/sponsor here: https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/h---m/category/ipswich-town#PhotoSwipe17

Is it real?

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/i/ipswich-town/old-ipswich-town-footb

1983-4.

Joe Fairs on 20:54 - Jan 12 with 2761 viewsKeno

just tell her it was twice the price but you saved a lot of money by getting it cheaper

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Joe Fairs on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 2569 viewstextbackup

If we all chip in we can take it in turns to have it at our house for a week at a time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Fairs on 21:32 - Jan 12 with 2483 viewsgainsboroughblue

Joe Fairs on 20:41 - Jan 12 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Don't recall us having an orange top while Radio Orwell were sponsors, there was a red/black striped one
In fact, didn't they only sponsor us in the relegation year of 85/86?

I also thought Pioneer sponsored us from the season after the UEFA win in 81/82 when we went with pinstripes.
[Post edited 12 Jan 21:36]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Joe Fairs on 21:32 - Jan 12 with 2479 viewsgainsboroughblue

Joe Fairs on 20:53 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/i/ipswich-town/old-ipswich-town-footb

1983-4.

Pioneer were still sponsors in 83/84.

Joe Fairs on 21:46 - Jan 12 with 2376 viewsGlasgowBlue

Joe Fairs on 20:52 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

How often does it get washed for that to happen to the advertising logo? Presumably "match-worn" refers to a fan wearing it to a match rather than it being worn by Mariner.

The same seems to have happened to this shirt. In exactly the same way.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/ipswich-town-1983-84-third-kit/

Iron Lion Zion

Joe Fairs on 22:14 - Jan 12 with 2221 viewsmultiplescoregasms

Joe Fairs on 21:46 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Something just doesn't look right to me. Apart from the obvious that Radio Orwell didn't sponsor us until 1985 (I think), the 2 pictures of the shirt look different. The cuffs aren't the same, and the adidas logo looks much smaller compared to the home and away kits that season, even the pin stripes are not in the same places as the other 2 kits. I would stay away from it.
Joe Fairs on 22:22 - Jan 12 with 2165 viewsGlasgowBlue

Joe Fairs on 22:14 - Jan 12 by multiplescoregasms

Something just doesn't look right to me. Apart from the obvious that Radio Orwell didn't sponsor us until 1985 (I think), the 2 pictures of the shirt look different. The cuffs aren't the same, and the adidas logo looks much smaller compared to the home and away kits that season, even the pin stripes are not in the same places as the other 2 kits. I would stay away from it.

I’m pretty certain, and I stand to be corrected here, that we didn’t have a third kit when we changed to the French style horizontal blue home and white away kit in 1984. Pioneer sponsored those shirts for the first year and Radio Orwell took over in 85. When we had a clash for both kits in 1985, the old 1982-84 third kit was used and the radio Orwell logo printed on it. Hence the wrong sponsor for the age of the kit.

Edit. Actually I’m wrong. In 1984 we had a third shirt which was red with three thick black sripes running vertically down it.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/ipswich-town-1985-86-third-kit/

But apparently we wore this retro orange shirt at QPR away in August.

Anyone remember this?
[Post edited 12 Jan 22:33]

Iron Lion Zion

Joe Fairs on 22:25 - Jan 12 with 2130 viewseireblue

“ The shirt features short sleeves, a red colourway, and is in size M.”

Nope, sorry, if people are going to indulge in using stupid terms like colourway instead of, colour, not going to buy it. I’m out.
Joe Fairs on 22:32 - Jan 12 with 2075 viewsgainsboroughblue

Joe Fairs on 22:22 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

I’m pretty certain, and I stand to be corrected here, that we didn’t have a third kit when we changed to the French style horizontal blue home and white away kit in 1984. Pioneer sponsored those shirts for the first year and Radio Orwell took over in 85. When we had a clash for both kits in 1985, the old 1982-84 third kit was used and the radio Orwell logo printed on it. Hence the wrong sponsor for the age of the kit.

Edit. Actually I’m wrong. In 1984 we had a third shirt which was red with three thick black sripes running vertically down it.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/ipswich-town-1985-86-third-kit/

But apparently we wore this retro orange shirt at QPR away in August.

Anyone remember this?
[Post edited 12 Jan 22:33]

I was looking for this clip before you edited to show we had the red/black stripes!

Joe Fairs on 22:34 - Jan 12 with 2051 viewsBluespeed225

Joe Fairs on 22:14 - Jan 12 by multiplescoregasms

I have a couple of matchworn shirts, and the badge always has that indentation to the left and the 'a' in adidas is always offset, so I'd say it's genuine. We also used this in a couple of games that year, the Orwell logo being added later. A Burley worn one came up a while back. Pioneer 81 to 83/4 season, so shirts were not thrown. The 'France style' shirt of 84 dropping the '81 winners', so the orange shirts were just adapted.
Joe Fairs on 22:39 - Jan 12 with 2027 viewsGlasgowBlue

Joe Fairs on 22:32 - Jan 12 by gainsboroughblue

I was looking for this clip before you edited to show we had the red/black stripes!

Yeah that’s the season before. I can’t find anything on this other than this tweet.

Iron Lion Zion

Joe Fairs on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 1949 viewsgainsboroughblue

Joe Fairs on 22:39 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah that’s the season before. I can’t find anything on this other than this tweet.

I'm prepared to be wrong but I honestly dispute we wore that shirt at all in that time period. That tweet also claims we used the orange in 84/85 which we clearly didn't otherwise we'd have worn at Loftus Road. Clubs simply didn't have the multi-kits that they do now.

I've tried searching for images/videos of us playing at WBA for that 85-86 season to no avail.

Joe Fairs on 22:50 - Jan 12 with 1926 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joe Fairs on 22:34 - Jan 12 by Bluespeed225

I have a couple of matchworn shirts, and the badge always has that indentation to the left and the 'a' in adidas is always offset, so I'd say it's genuine. We also used this in a couple of games that year, the Orwell logo being added later. A Burley worn one came up a while back. Pioneer 81 to 83/4 season, so shirts were not thrown. The 'France style' shirt of 84 dropping the '81 winners', so the orange shirts were just adapted.

I can't imagine anyone would go to the trouble of producing a fake that had those things wrong with it. I guess they wouldn't have sold replica shirts either. I suppose someone got hold of the shirt worn by the number 9 from that match, wore it repeatedly and washed it until the logo ended up like that.

Quite why anyone would spend anything like that amount of money on the shirt, though, is beyond me.

Joe Fairs on 22:58 - Jan 12 with 1885 viewsGlasgowBlue

Joe Fairs on 22:50 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can't imagine anyone would go to the trouble of producing a fake that had those things wrong with it. I guess they wouldn't have sold replica shirts either. I suppose someone got hold of the shirt worn by the number 9 from that match, wore it repeatedly and washed it until the logo ended up like that.

Quite why anyone would spend anything like that amount of money on the shirt, though, is beyond me.

Good investment. Non match worn Ipswich shirts from that period can go for several hundred pounds.

I bid for a 1988 red away shirt from around 1987 a few months back . Thought I’d get it for £250 but it went for a fair bit more. Those are like hens teeth. Very rarely come up.

I bought a 1981/84 away shirt signed by the whole 1981/82 squad and SBR about 15 years ago. I would imagine it’s more than doubled in value. Especially with the passing of people like Sir Bobby, Paul Mariner and Kevin Beattie.

There quite a few ITFC shirt collectors out there. Although like a Joe, this one is a little rich for me.

Iron Lion Zion

Joe Fairs on 23:01 - Jan 12 with 1845 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joe Fairs on 21:46 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Could easily be an image of the same shirt. Unlikely there are many of them around.

Joe Fairs on 23:18 - Jan 12 with 1811 viewsEastTownBlue

Joe Fairs on 22:39 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Plastic pitch, Guinness advert. QPR looks to be correct.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362692386593

[Post edited 12 Jan 23:29]
Joe Fairs on 23:23 - Jan 12 with 1771 viewsgainsboroughblue

Joe Fairs on 23:18 - Jan 12 by EastTownBlue

Plastic pitch, Guinness advert. QPR looks to be correct.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362692386593

[Post edited 12 Jan 23:29]

Well spotted! I stand corrected from earlier but no way did we wear orange in 84/5 if we already had red and black as a third choice.

Irvin Gernon. If ever a player summed up the transition from UEFA cup winners to relegation.

Joe Fairs on 23:45 - Jan 12 with 1695 viewsEastTownBlue

Joe Fairs on 23:23 - Jan 12 by gainsboroughblue

Well spotted! I stand corrected from earlier but no way did we wear orange in 84/5 if we already had red and black as a third choice.

Irvin Gernon. If ever a player summed up the transition from UEFA cup winners to relegation.

Certainly strange how that kit made a comeback. Perhaps they were the only spare shirts available without any sponsorship present which enabled them to stick Radio Orwell on them.
Joe Fairs on 01:30 - Jan 13 with 1593 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Joe Fairs on 23:23 - Jan 12 by gainsboroughblue

I had no idea we used that kit that long either, someone should do a full Ipswich Town kit history someday, the club must know what strips were used each season and who made them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024