Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs sign Werner 18:17 - Jan 6 with 1425 viewsNedPlimpton

We could still see a Scarlett return!
Spurs sign Werner on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 1352 viewsbournemouthblue

Do we want a Scarlett return though?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Spurs sign Werner on 18:28 - Jan 6 with 1343 viewsBigMick66

Do we actually want Scarlett to return?
Spurs sign Werner on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 1325 viewsRimsy

Think Sarmiento has taken his spot in our squad.

BlueBlood

Spurs sign Werner on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 1267 viewsbournemouthblue

Spurs sign Werner on 18:30 - Jan 6 by Rimsy

Think Sarmiento has taken his spot in our squad.

And looked very promising, he turns and faces his opponent and looks very positive on the ball

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Spurs sign Werner on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 1168 viewsNedPlimpton

Spurs sign Werner on 18:27 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

Do we want a Scarlett return though?

Don't think we get to pick.

I'm not expecting him to come back, but McKenna clearly rates him. Scarlett can't go anywhere else and if it gets towards the end of the window and we haven't signed a striker, it's certainly a possibility
Spurs sign Werner on 18:51 - Jan 6 with 1144 viewsbobbyramsey

No thanks….
Spurs sign Werner on 18:58 - Jan 6 with 1091 viewsMK1

Would rather have a signing rather than a loan. He was ok here, but we need more than ok.
Spurs sign Werner on 19:29 - Jan 6 with 946 viewscbower

Spurs sign Werner on 18:50 - Jan 6 by NedPlimpton

Don't think we get to pick.

I'm not expecting him to come back, but McKenna clearly rates him. Scarlett can't go anywhere else and if it gets towards the end of the window and we haven't signed a striker, it's certainly a possibility

Possible but seriously underwhelming and would indicate a failed window overall. Would seem clear we wanted another striker in the summer and no way was Scarlett our first choice. Even before Hirst's injury and Scarlett's recall we will have been after another striker this window as I am sure KM knew we were one injury to Hirst away from a problem. Now, nobody will have anticipated a season ending injury and the Scarlett recall but no new striker(s) through the door this window when we are in such a good position would be a massive failure. I would fear for our chances of being top 5 let alone top 2 come season's close.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs sign Werner on 20:13 - Jan 6 with 764 views_clive_baker_

I make it unlikely. I think Spurs have been a bit silly to play him pretty needlessly in the cup games meaning he can’t play for an 3rd club. They’ve also perhaps, in hindsight, called him back prematurely given they’ve now strengthened up front. Despite that I get the impression we’re happy enough to live without him, especially having brought 2 loans in this week and another looking likely as a Hirst replacement, which will make it 5 in the squad. I dare say Scarlett will want to play football if he goes on loan anywhere, and he wasn’t doing much of that here. He’s better off not playing for them than not playing for us. Maybe they’ll loan him abroad to get around the 2 club rule but they’ve screwed him over a bit by playing him in that league cup match earlier in the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024