Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal 16:49 - Jan 6 with 4324 viewsIllinoisblue

Cutting in and lashing the ball home. If there’s two Championship players destined for bigger things it’s he and Smodzics.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 16:51 - Jan 6 with 3851 viewsChurchman

He’s a cracking player. I can see him playing in the Premier League next year.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 16:55 - Jan 6 with 3796 viewscatch74

Just seen - a hat-trick for Szmodics today, he’s having quite some season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 16:58 - Jan 6 with 3735 viewschicoazul

I’d love us to get that guy. He’s on the list.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:13 - Jan 6 with 3469 viewsVegtablue

I banged that drum for half of last January aha, top player destined for better things
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 3375 viewsbournemouthblue

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 16:51 - Jan 6 by Churchman

He’s a cracking player. I can see him playing in the Premier League next year.

He's the sort of player you might pick up when promoted. He's quite versatile too, he could play on the wing, number 10 or even just upfront

Plymouth got a hell of a deal with him, I can't believe how little they paid.

What were Swansea thinking?

He hasn't ripped it up quite so much be see Bali Mumba with Norwich as well!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 3366 viewsbournemouthblue

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:13 - Jan 6 by Vegtablue

I banged that drum for half of last January aha, top player destined for better things

Agreed, not that Broadhead was a bad option either.

You could see Whittaker playing in that Chaplin role, he definitely has some similar qualities albeit is bigger and more physical, which makes him very hard to deal with!

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:36 - Jan 6 with 3309 viewsMK1

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 16:58 - Jan 6 by chicoazul

I’d love us to get that guy. He’s on the list.

Out of our reach for now. His playing partner Hardie on the other hand...
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:43 - Jan 6 with 3264 viewsSharkey

I'm really hoping Szmodics will make it as a PL player. He's leaving it pretty late, (he
's 29 I think) but he'd be the first player from the Colchester academy to do so since all the investment happened. It would be a nice tribute to Adrian Webster, who worked so hard with young players in these parts, and who died recently,
Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:43 - Jan 6 with 3258 viewsghostofescobar

Him or Szmodics. Both great strikers, both would fit, but unfortunately both out of our price range.

GhostOfEscobar

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 3198 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Whittaker would be towards the top of our list if we went up I think.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:08 - Jan 6 with 3105 viewsHerbivore

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:43 - Jan 6 by ghostofescobar

Him or Szmodics. Both great strikers, both would fit, but unfortunately both out of our price range.

Neither are really out and out strikers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:13 - Jan 6 with 3076 viewsPhilTWTD

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:53 - Jan 6 by PrideOfTheEast

Whittaker would be towards the top of our list if we went up I think.

Think he may end up in the Premier League this month. Heard a whisper Luton are keen.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:36 - Jan 6 with 2936 viewsIllinoisblue

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:43 - Jan 6 by Sharkey

I'm really hoping Szmodics will make it as a PL player. He's leaving it pretty late, (he
's 29 I think) but he'd be the first player from the Colchester academy to do so since all the investment happened. It would be a nice tribute to Adrian Webster, who worked so hard with young players in these parts, and who died recently,

Had no idea he was that old. But he can surely do better than Blackburn

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:50 - Jan 6 with 2853 viewsVaughan8

Not a chance unless we offer ridiculous money, which we wont.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:10 - Jan 6 with 2748 viewsbournemouthblue

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:43 - Jan 6 by Sharkey

was Greg Halford not in their academy?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:11 - Jan 6 with 2739 viewsbournemouthblue

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:13 - Jan 6 by PhilTWTD

Think he may end up in the Premier League this month. Heard a whisper Luton are keen.

So he can play in the Prem for a few months and then the Championship again?

I guess of the three promoted sides, they probably have the best chance of staying there

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:26 - Jan 6 with 2673 viewsPhilTWTD

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:11 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

So he can play in the Prem for a few months and then the Championship again?

I guess of the three promoted sides, they probably have the best chance of staying there

If he does well, he'd almost certainly get interest from other Premier clubs.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:28 - Jan 6 with 2649 viewsPhilTWTD

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 19:50 - Jan 6 by Vaughan8

Not a chance unless we offer ridiculous money, which we wont.

Indeed, think that ship has sailed as much as Kieran may be a fan.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 21:04 - Jan 6 with 2465 viewsGarv

So many questions with him.

Why did Swansea sell him so happily?
Why did he have to settle for Plymouth?
Why hasn't he already got a Premier League move (or Leicester/Leeds)?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 08:18 - Jan 7 with 1968 viewsSharkey

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 20:10 - Jan 6 by bournemouthblue

was Greg Halford not in their academy?

Yes, he came through the youth system. I guess I was thinking more in the Cowling/Florence Park era. Before that, the other Colchester-produced players who definitely 'cut it' in the P.L. were KInsella and Lua Lua, but there was no 'academy' at that time, and to be honest both players got in the first team very soon after they arrived.

And (sorry) to correct myself, Szmodics is 28. He's almost exactly the same age as Macauley Bonne, so they went through the age groups together after Bonne joined when he was about 15.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 10:42 - Jan 7 with 1699 viewsStewart27

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 18:36 - Jan 6 by MK1

Out of our reach for now. His playing partner Hardie on the other hand...

I don’t necessarily see how he’s out of our reach:

He plays for a club fighting off relegation
We have a genuine chance of going up
KM clearly wants him
Schumacher has left Plymouth
He got bought for a very low fee in the summer

Surely his value is what everybody expected it to be at this stage of the season. And if this value is out of reach for championship clubs then why on earth did Swansea sell him?

Basically he’d be my number one priority. Other than a number 9 maybe!
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 11:35 - Jan 7 with 1625 viewsHerbivore

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 10:42 - Jan 7 by Stewart27

I don’t necessarily see how he’s out of our reach:

He plays for a club fighting off relegation
We have a genuine chance of going up
KM clearly wants him
Schumacher has left Plymouth
He got bought for a very low fee in the summer

Surely his value is what everybody expected it to be at this stage of the season. And if this value is out of reach for championship clubs then why on earth did Swansea sell him?

Basically he’d be my number one priority. Other than a number 9 maybe!

Plymouth would be asking £10m for him I reckon, he's yong and he's banging in goals for fun at this level. Swansea let him go because he didn't want to be there and wasn't in their plans, that's why it was such a low fee. Looks like they dropped the ball, although suspect they've got a hefty sell on in place. There's pretty much zero chance he'll be on our radar this month, the fee is too much and the funds we do have will be directed at finding a striker or two.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 11:38 - Jan 7 with 1603 viewstextbackup

And of course Leif and Wolf

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 13:31 - Jan 7 with 1452 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 11:35 - Jan 7 by Herbivore

Plymouth would be asking £10m for him I reckon, he's yong and he's banging in goals for fun at this level. Swansea let him go because he didn't want to be there and wasn't in their plans, that's why it was such a low fee. Looks like they dropped the ball, although suspect they've got a hefty sell on in place. There's pretty much zero chance he'll be on our radar this month, the fee is too much and the funds we do have will be directed at finding a striker or two.

Doubt it’s anywhere near that level of fee - presumably closer to half. Think we’d try again if we went up, even if he’s at Luton at that point.
Morgan Whittaker with another trademark goal on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 1390 viewsFacefacts

Trademark Plymouth exaggerated dive to get a pen a few minutes earlier too. That pen cost Sutton the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024