Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? 19:02 - Jan 3 with 2419 viewsDarkBrandon

Player A
Available now. Fee agreed. Wages won’t be a problem. We’ve kept it quiet, and trust his agent not to alert other clubs if we move reasonably quickly. He’s good, but not outstanding. Late 20s. Reasonable Championship striker

Player B
Has played a bit in the PL and would have played more apart from injury. Currently making the squad but not the bench of a PL side. We’ve agreed a fee, but the club won’t let him go until they’ve signed a replacement. They assure us this should be done in a couple of weeks. Do you wait?

Player C
Very lively young player. We could get him on loan, but have no chance of signing him permanently. Available right away, and could rip up the division. He would be our highest wage earner by quite a way, and is likely to make that very well known in the dressing room. Likely to see getting us promoted as a stepping stone to a move to a bigger club

Player D
Early 20s player who is fit, available and scoring. Has struggle a lot with injuries … both a hamstring and a knee over the past 3 years. His current spell of being fit (only missing a little of preseason, and then a further 4 games due to illness) is the longest hes been fit for a long time. Very keen to join. Impressed with McKenna
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:10 - Jan 3 with 2327 viewsMJallday

Batistuta

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:11 - Jan 3 with 2326 viewspelles321

I’d guess at player A and player B - if player B is 25 or younger. We likely need two strikers.

Player C feels he would be disruptive. Not worth the risk. Same with player D regarding injury. With Hirst already out, feels a risk for a January signing.
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:12 - Jan 3 with 2287 viewsFrimleyBlue

A and C

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:13 - Jan 3 with 2296 views_clive_baker_

2 from the top and any other 4 please Carol.

I think the profile for a permanent signing will be <25, premier league academy experience ideally, physicality, someone we see with upside potential and perhaps a chunky sell on after a couple of good seasons (should we decide to). Someone we think we can work with to improve and fulfil potential. A la Hirst.

Loanee is probably a bit different. Given where we are in the league and with the injury issues we have there’s very much some short term to consider too. Someone who can come in and add value for 10-15 games.

I’m intrigued to see who we end up with, when you consider we’re potentially, what, 13 or so wins from premier league football? And the literally hundreds of millions that would bring in, there’s definitely an argument that we could go hard (FFP permitting) to give us a push.
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:21 - Jan 3 with 2226 viewsMK1

If I'm McKenna, then I want player C. I will keep a lid on his attitude.
If I'm Ashton, then I want player C. Greater chance of promotion.
If I'm both, then I take player C. Worth the risk of upsetting some if he gets us promoted.
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:45 - Jan 3 with 2014 viewsDarkBrandon

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:21 - Jan 3 by MK1

If I'm McKenna, then I want player C. I will keep a lid on his attitude.
If I'm Ashton, then I want player C. Greater chance of promotion.
If I'm both, then I take player C. Worth the risk of upsetting some if he gets us promoted.

Is it? Isn’t our close-knit squad our biggest asset?
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 20:15 - Jan 3 with 1848 viewsChurchman

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:45 - Jan 3 by DarkBrandon

It is. Amongst these rubbish choices, I’ll go A
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 20:18 - Jan 3 with 1824 viewsMK1

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 19:45 - Jan 3 by DarkBrandon

It is, but Ashton is a business man who wants promotion and McKenna would love back to back promotions for his CV. I would take B out of that list, but I was being Ashton and McKenna.
Login to get fewer ads

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 20:36 - Jan 3 with 1725 viewsElderGrizzly

Ashton will get who McKenna asks him to (budgets permitting etc) as he doesn’t make player decisions?

But to play the game, it’s A and B as we need two
[Post edited 3 Jan 20:36]
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 20:39 - Jan 3 with 1693 viewsStewart27

C

Every day of the week.
You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 22:16 - Jan 3 with 1403 viewsPioneerBlue

Or

Player E
Early 20s player who is fit, available and scoring in L1 or L2. Not experienced at the higher level, but has upside, eye for goals and energy… Very keen to join now to help cover and to gain experience, understands medium term might be a step back down as a loan to continue learning and development.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 00:29 - Jan 4 with 1157 viewsBondiBlue

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 20:18 - Jan 3 by MK1

It is, but Ashton is a business man who wants promotion and McKenna would love back to back promotions for his CV. I would take B out of that list, but I was being Ashton and McKenna.

Ashton and mckenna signed ball, ladapo and luongo

Nothing about those three screams player C to me

Poll: Which would you accept?

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 06:04 - Jan 4 with 1051 viewsNeedhamChris

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 00:29 - Jan 4 by BondiBlue

Ashton and mckenna signed ball, ladapo and luongo

Nothing about those three screams player C to me

Maybe not, but Brandon Williams?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 06:58 - Jan 4 with 1001 viewsBondiBlue

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 06:04 - Jan 4 by NeedhamChris

Maybe not, but Brandon Williams?

Hopefully they'll both have learned something from that one. Either that or he stays for the rest of the season and comes good.

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 07:06 - Jan 4 with 968 viewsNeedhamChris

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 06:58 - Jan 4 by BondiBlue

Hopefully they'll both have learned something from that one. Either that or he stays for the rest of the season and comes good.

Indeed - if something clicks and we get early season BW back then it's a win win all round. If not - then it's been a good learning experience for KM and potentially his first 'bad egg' he's needed to deal with.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 07:09 - Jan 4 with 956 viewsBondiBlue

You are both McKenna and Ashton. Which striker do you target? on 07:06 - Jan 4 by NeedhamChris

Indeed - if something clicks and we get early season BW back then it's a win win all round. If not - then it's been a good learning experience for KM and potentially his first 'bad egg' he's needed to deal with.

Still not sure what's going on with him and we'll probably never know. But if it's disciplinary, it's ironic that someone mckenna knows so well turned out to be a difficult one to mamage. Can't win them all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024