Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ndaba 06:59 - Jan 3 with 2927 viewsClutch

Surely he's worth a recall to cover Burgess?

Must be ahead of Baggott, and is a left sided centre back.

Then send Baggott out on loan.
Ndaba on 07:01 - Jan 3 with 2914 viewsBlueBoots

We're already at the squad limit, so would have to deregister a player to make room for Ndaba. Baggott doesn't count toward those numbers as he's under 21 (unlike Ndaba)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Ndaba on 07:02 - Jan 3 with 2910 viewsibbleobble

From Kilmarnock to on the verge of a PL side? He can stay where he is for now I reckon.
Ndaba on 07:05 - Jan 3 with 2875 viewsSheffordBlue

Baggott is away at the same international competition as Burgess so he isn't covering him anyway.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ndaba on 07:12 - Jan 3 with 2811 viewsblueislander

Ndaba on 07:05 - Jan 3 by SheffordBlue

Baggott is away at the same international competition as Burgess so he isn't covering him anyway.

Be interesting to see who the centre back pairing on Saturday will be. Presumably Edmundson will be one, but the only other ones we have are Tuanzebe and Woolfenden, and I would have thought that both are due for a rest.
Ndaba on 07:13 - Jan 3 with 2807 viewsgaryinavault

He's playing as a left back a lot of the time.
Ndaba on 07:27 - Jan 3 with 2762 viewsWeWereZombies

I wonder if this is happening already, but not as cover for Burgess. Now that Ndaba is playing mainly in midfield (his original position as a youth player) I see him more as cover for Morsy (or a partner to Luongo who may be pressed into covering for Morsy over the periods of suspension and/or injury.) Interestingly he was benched by MacInnes for Killie's weekend game and was not in the squad at all yesterday.
[Post edited 3 Jan 8:13]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Ndaba on 08:14 - Jan 3 with 2584 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Ndaba on 07:27 - Jan 3 by WeWereZombies

I wonder if this is happening already, but not as cover for Burgess. Now that Ndaba is playing mainly in midfield (his original position as a youth player) I see him more as cover for Morsy (or a partner to Luongo who may be pressed into covering for Morsy over the periods of suspension and/or injury.) Interestingly he was benched by MacInnes for Killie's weekend game and was not in the squad at all yesterday.

He played 86 mins yesterday, unless they have two players called Ndaba
Ndaba on 08:32 - Jan 3 with 2508 viewsWeWereZombies

Ndaba on 08:14 - Jan 3 by benrhyddingblue

Apologies, I must have blinked and missed his name when the line-ups appeared on 'Sportscene' (and I was probably assuming he would be in the midfield four and he was in the back four yesterday) and he didn't feature at all in the highlights.

Login to get fewer ads

Ndaba on 09:04 - Jan 3 with 2380 viewsGuthrum

Why recall anybody to cover for a player who is only out for a handful of games? The recalled loanee is then stuck here, likely to be on the bench at best, for the remainder of the season, his programme of gaining match experience out of the window.

Baggott will be away with Indonesia for the Asian Cup. By the time he gets back, it will be too late to loan him anywhere.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ndaba on 09:06 - Jan 3 with 2370 viewsGuthrum

Ndaba on 07:12 - Jan 3 by blueislander

Be interesting to see who the centre back pairing on Saturday will be. Presumably Edmundson will be one, but the only other ones we have are Tuanzebe and Woolfenden, and I would have thought that both are due for a rest.

Perhaps someone from the U21s?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ndaba on 09:21 - Jan 3 with 2275 viewsPinewoodblue

Ndaba on 08:14 - Jan 3 by benrhyddingblue

Quick Look through the BBC in match texts shows he didn’t commit any fouls, only mention is a shot, from a free kick, off target.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ndaba on 10:16 - Jan 3 with 2161 viewsNutkins_Return

Ndaba on 07:27 - Jan 3 by WeWereZombies

I don't think he's playing midfield much is he. Mostly left back or left wing back. Occasionally CB. Looked like BBC had him in CM once or twicebut they regularly have that wrong.

I would bet a lot of money if Ndaba ever does play for us it won't be in midfield.
Ndaba on 10:43 - Jan 3 with 2078 viewsPinewoodblue

Kilmarnock’s next league game is 27th January. Perfect opportunity to bring him back so KMc can have a good look at him. Play him in F A Cup game and against Sunderland.

Can always go back to Kilmarnock if we felt it was best for his development. He must be 23 now so time to make a final decision on his future.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ndaba on 11:40 - Jan 3 with 1948 viewsWeWereZombies

Ndaba on 10:16 - Jan 3 by Nutkins_Return

I don't think he's playing midfield much is he. Mostly left back or left wing back. Occasionally CB. Looked like BBC had him in CM once or twicebut they regularly have that wrong.

I would bet a lot of money if Ndaba ever does play for us it won't be in midfield.

Whenever I have seen him on the highlights he has been in midfield or, once and twice, in attack. The only defensive work I have noticed was when he raced back to put in a last ditch block in front of goal against St. Mirren a week or so ago. As I stated in a post around Christmas he was playing in a more advanced róle when he went to Ayr on loan a couple of years ago.

Ndaba on 13:36 - Jan 3 with 1729 viewsNutkins_Return

Ndaba on 11:40 - Jan 3 by WeWereZombies

Whenever I have seen him on the highlights he has been in midfield or, once and twice, in attack. The only defensive work I have noticed was when he raced back to put in a last ditch block in front of goal against St. Mirren a week or so ago. As I stated in a post around Christmas he was playing in a more advanced róle when he went to Ayr on loan a couple of years ago.

Crikey!
Ndaba on 13:57 - Jan 3 with 1662 viewsNutkins_Return

Ndaba on 11:40 - Jan 3 by WeWereZombies

Ndaba himself early on at Kili:

“My preferred position is centre back, but I’ve played left back and left wing back, wherever the gaffer needs me I’ll play there though."
Ndaba on 14:16 - Jan 3 with 1622 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ndaba on 13:57 - Jan 3 by Nutkins_Return

Ndaba himself early on at Kili:

“My preferred position is centre back, but I’ve played left back and left wing back, wherever the gaffer needs me I’ll play there though."

I’ve seen him twice recently on Sky and he’s played both a more traditional left back and another game pressing far higher but essentially he looked like a left back to me in terms of his position

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ndaba on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 1499 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Will have to respectfully disagree on this one.

With Burgess and Baggott gone this leaves us with 3 recognised Centre Backs to cope with 3-4 League matches I think it is until they return. Ndaba has returned from injury and is getting valuable game time and also not in the Centre Back position.

If the rumours are true we would be in for a higher quality of Centre Back anyway so in my opinion he's likely surplus to requirements at Portman Road so let him put himself in the shop window with a view to cashing in come the summer.

The only future I can see him having here is if Leif leaves and we need cover in the left back/left wing back position
Ndaba on 18:32 - Jan 3 with 1361 viewsEireannach_gorm

Ndaba on 15:57 - Jan 3 by GenericIpswichMan

Will have to respectfully disagree on this one.

With Burgess and Baggott gone this leaves us with 3 recognised Centre Backs to cope with 3-4 League matches I think it is until they return. Ndaba has returned from injury and is getting valuable game time and also not in the Centre Back position.

If the rumours are true we would be in for a higher quality of Centre Back anyway so in my opinion he's likely surplus to requirements at Portman Road so let him put himself in the shop window with a view to cashing in come the summer.

The only future I can see him having here is if Leif leaves and we need cover in the left back/left wing back position

I wouldn't be in as big a rush to get him off the books. Left footed defenders are useful in a squad. We need to blood our good youngsters as well as acquiring better finished players.
Ndaba on 18:44 - Jan 3 with 1324 viewsOldFart71

I cannot for the life of me understand why Baggott has had more opportunities to show his worth. He came on against Fulham where we were all over the place, settle the defence and I noted him dishing out orders to other defenders and scored our only goal. What more does the guy have to do. Besides he's 21 so we can't just keep him forever as a reserve, not being loaned out and not getting any type of regular football. McKenna must rate him as he hasn't been loaned out. Strange.
Ndaba on 11:17 - Jan 5 with 951 viewsWeWereZombies

I am currently changing planes in Oliver Tambo Airport, Johannesburg and sitting opposite a shop named 'INDABA at home in Africa'.

I am taking this as a sign that we will recall Ndaba from Kilmarnock....

And sell him to Kaiser Chiefs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024