Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? 11:51 - Jan 1 with 2005 viewsWallingford_Boy

Stoke are awful, if we want to avoid play offs surely we need the 3 today?

I reckon most on here would take a draw.

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 12:00 - Jan 1 with 1790 viewsbilllm

Must not lose I'd say
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 12:19 - Jan 1 with 1729 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Since Southampton and Leicester have already guaranteed winning all the rest of their matches, every match is a must-win for us from now on. Season over as soon as we drop a single point now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 12:20 - Jan 1 with 1719 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 12:19 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Since Southampton and Leicester have already guaranteed winning all the rest of their matches, every match is a must-win for us from now on. Season over as soon as we drop a single point now.

Hardly season over, it’s play offs worst case scenario now.

We’d be outsiders, but you never know!

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:05 - Jan 1 with 1580 viewsIllinoisblue

They’re not awful; as recent away draws at WBA and Watford highlight.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:07 - Jan 1 with 1571 viewsStokieBlue

They aren't awful and have a new manager.

Setting up the narrative early so you can have a moan and a meltdown later depending on the result.

Typical Wally.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:09 - Jan 1 with 1540 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just don't lose

Tough patch for us at the moment. Injuries. Illness. We all knew Hirst not being available may hurt us so we've just got to get through these games.

What is important if you wish for autos is that we don't find ourselves falling behind southampton.

If we can match their results until we can get on our own run again that's fine.

Just don't lose.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:17 - Jan 1 with 1502 viewsChurchman

They have a new manager and a good one. They are improving.

No, today is not a ‘must win’ and with a weakened team we’ll do well to get anything from it. If we don’t, it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. If 2022/23 proved anything, it’s just how long a season is.

We have a great set up and a good team. Regardless of today, we will come on strong again in the next few months.

Yep, I’m one who’d take a draw.
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:22 - Jan 1 with 1468 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Schumacher is a good manager and one who has a good record against us. Believe they are on a decent unbeaten run. Our first team is majorly depleted so I’d say a win is unlikely.

No game is a must win with so many games to go, but confidence wise we probably don’t want to lose. I’d definitely fancy us to win this with our strongest team, it’s important we get our Jan deals done quickly to improve our backup options.
Login to get fewer ads

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:25 - Jan 1 with 1433 viewsHerbivore

No, today isn't a must win. And Stoke aren't awful either. Apart from that, top posting as ever.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:26 - Jan 1 with 1415 viewsSharkey

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:17 - Jan 1 by Churchman

They have a new manager and a good one. They are improving.

No, today is not a ‘must win’ and with a weakened team we’ll do well to get anything from it. If we don’t, it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. If 2022/23 proved anything, it’s just how long a season is.

We have a great set up and a good team. Regardless of today, we will come on strong again in the next few months.

Yep, I’m one who’d take a draw.

Stoke fans seem to be happy Tchamadeu has been starting of late. A fun player to watch, and if he plays today I'm wondering if he'll impress. He must have been one that Town looked at with a view to maybe making the squad bigger.
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:29 - Jan 1 with 1400 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Getting this match out of the way whilst still having a points cushion over Soton would be a WIN, regardless of the result tbh.

We just need to get through this game somehow, then re-assess

For all blubbers, and those with a short memory yeah this is probably a must win because if we fail to win they have an emotional breakdown regardless.

Stoke are good enough to send us packing with nothing given our illness/injury so anything picked up here is ok.
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:31 - Jan 1 with 1388 viewsburnbudgiesburn

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 12:19 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I like how this was downvoted by the OP who saw something in the mirror and didn't like what was staring back.
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:37 - Jan 1 with 1339 viewsLesTibbetsbrokenleg

Stoke are definitely not awful. Did you see their match against Birmingham, the team we managed to get a late draw against? They beat them 3-1, beat them comfortably, and played some very good football.
Schumacher has got them playing well, and full of confidence.
Given the situation with injuries to several of our key players, a draw would be alright today.
[Post edited 1 Jan 14:11]
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:37 - Jan 1 with 1337 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:07 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

They aren't awful and have a new manager.

Setting up the narrative early so you can have a moan and a meltdown later depending on the result.

Typical Wally.

SB

Always looking for the negative.

Never change Stokie.

Happy New Year!

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:38 - Jan 1 with 1328 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:25 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

No, today isn't a must win. And Stoke aren't awful either. Apart from that, top posting as ever.

Always looking for the negative.

Never change Herbie, never change.

Happy New Year!

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:39 - Jan 1 with 1320 viewsVic

Why is it a MUST win game Wallers?

What if there’s a game in the future where we win and Soton lose?

It would be handy to win, or at least not lose, but it’s not the end of the world. Let’s accept that Leicester and Soton both have better squads than us so to muscle in between them would be rather miraculous.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:47 - Jan 1 with 1277 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:39 - Jan 1 by Vic

Why is it a MUST win game Wallers?

What if there’s a game in the future where we win and Soton lose?

It would be handy to win, or at least not lose, but it’s not the end of the world. Let’s accept that Leicester and Soton both have better squads than us so to muscle in between them would be rather miraculous.

I was simply asking if folk on here see it that way, or more of a “must not lose” which seems to be the general opinion.

I’d take a point personally.

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:52 - Jan 1 with 1233 viewsVic

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:47 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

I was simply asking if folk on here see it that way, or more of a “must not lose” which seems to be the general opinion.

I’d take a point personally.

Fair do’s. I probably played the man not the ball on this one.

3 points would be fantastic, 1 would be useful, 0 would be disappointing but understandable.

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 1217 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:52 - Jan 1 by Vic

Fair do’s. I probably played the man not the ball on this one.

3 points would be fantastic, 1 would be useful, 0 would be disappointing but understandable.

You took a bit of the ball first to be fair..

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 1169 viewsVic

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 13:55 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

You took a bit of the ball first to be fair..

I’ll take that as a compliment! My mantra when I played, and then as I encouraged the youngsters, was get the ball but make sure you follow through hard on the player and leave something on him.

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 1167 viewsnorfsufblue

Nope it's just the next game.... we get the best out of the players available and hope we do enough... whatever the result we then have Sunderland to deal with...after a pressure off week in the cup
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:36 - Jan 1 with 1070 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

We need points, if we finish in the Playoffs I can’t see us getting through so for me the only hope for promotion and retaining McKenna is top2. I am realistic in that other clubs with more opportunities will nab McKenna if we don’t go up this season.
3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:50 - Jan 1 with 1023 viewsWallingford_Boy

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:36 - Jan 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

We need points, if we finish in the Playoffs I can’t see us getting through so for me the only hope for promotion and retaining McKenna is top2. I am realistic in that other clubs with more opportunities will nab McKenna if we don’t go up this season.

No place for sensible and realistic talk on here I’m afraid.

RIP Sir Bobby

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:54 - Jan 1 with 996 viewsVic

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:36 - Jan 1 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I suspect you’re right - though I don’t fear the play offs.

With regard to losing McKenna - I strongly suspect that Gamechanger and Ashton are already looking at succession plans should the worst happen. For a change I have confidence that those at the top actually know more about what to do than any of us. We’re in good hands.

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 863 viewsNthsuffolkblue

3 points out of last 12, is today a must win? on 14:50 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

No place for sensible and realistic talk on here I’m afraid.

Feel free to start at some time.

Or, if your headline question is to be believed, the season is over with us 3 points ahead of 3rd place.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024