Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Morsy 10:36 - Dec 31 with 1053 viewsSimonds92

Unbelievably good, crucial to how we play and pretty much irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned. Breaking lines by taking the ball in tight areas and driving past people, getting our attacks started and giving us defensive solidity. Is there anyone else out there in the EFL who can do what he does? He's obviously very robust and only seems to miss games through suspension but at his age, is there someone available who can cover him in that role? We saw the other night, having decent players who can pass the ball and make a tackle doesn't quite cut it.
Sam Morsy on 13:30 - Dec 31 with 916 viewsSomethingBlue

Not many (perhaps any) midfielders at this level who are better at using their body than Morsy. He's a marvel and looks several times the player I'd thought he was when he signed. The succession to him is our biggest concern, squad-wise, ahead of next year whatever league we find ourselves in. I'd probably give him one more top season in this division given he clearly looks after himself and has shown next to no signs of fallibility yet, but a competitor is pretty much an essential purchase in the summer.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 13:31]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sam Morsy on 15:55 - Dec 31 with 773 viewswhymark4lazio0

IMO the best player in the Championship this season. Others may argue for Szmodics or Dewsbury Hall but they are not the beating hearts of their teams. Morsy is unique- he's a highly effective defensive midfielder but he's also our playmaker. He can cover, tackle, dribble, receive and retain the ball in tight spaces, drive upfield and can pass short and long. I can't think of another Championship player that has all these attributes, in fact, I can't think of any Premiership players that fit the bill. Having said that, it's remarkable that Massimo Luongo (although not quite as good) is, in many ways, a Morsy clone. When those two are on song (and that's most of the time) we're an almost irresistible force.

How do you go about providing cover for Morsy? Not sure you can. Perhaps we have to find a young prospect and let McKenna work his magic.

Marcelo Bielsa said it best: “The hardest player to find in football is the 8. I named it ‘the Modric’, who defends like a 6 and attacks like a 10. He has the ability to defend, the skills to attack, and understanding the game in both directions.”

So that's the challenge- just find a young Modric.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Sam Morsy on 16:15 - Dec 31 with 726 viewsVic

Sam Morsy on 13:30 - Dec 31 by SomethingBlue

Not many (perhaps any) midfielders at this level who are better at using their body than Morsy. He's a marvel and looks several times the player I'd thought he was when he signed. The succession to him is our biggest concern, squad-wise, ahead of next year whatever league we find ourselves in. I'd probably give him one more top season in this division given he clearly looks after himself and has shown next to no signs of fallibility yet, but a competitor is pretty much an essential purchase in the summer.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 13:31]

I just wonder if his successor is currently playing for Leyton Orient? or have we moved above that crop of talented youngsters now? (I suspect, sadly for thier sake) that we have. Morsy is to us what Gerrard was to Liverpool.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Our best, or rather most important player on 16:26 - Dec 31 with 701 viewsDyland

Hirst's injury is such a massive gut but we can get strikers in in January, and even if they don't precisely fit the mould McKenna and team can adapt systems to suit.

I honestly don't see anyone who can do what Morsy does. I mean, realistic targets for Town.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sam Morsy on 16:44 - Dec 31 with 649 viewsMidlander

Will Burger relish the midfield battle against Morsy tomorrow? Will he stand off, and lettuce have the ball? Will he get himself in a pickle?

It'll be a tough bun tomorrow, but I reckon we'll take-away a point at least!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024