Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? 22:47 - Dec 29 with 1703 viewsbob12

Don't get me wrong his not as good as Hirst and ideally we need an improvement there, but from the very first minute, any tiny error he made the whole ground moaned. The guy has been sat on the bench for 3 months, what do you expect. Rather than moan lets get behind him. It's like people want him to fail.
Really don't think he had that bad of a game. Was a lot better at pressing than Jackson against Leicester.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 1648 viewsFifeITFC

Have to say I'm a little surprised by the comments against Lapado that I've seen tonight. It wasn't so long ago he was extremely well thought of and a useful player whether as a sub or starting.

Admittedly he didn't do well tonight, but the whole team looked off form which is understandable with so many absentees.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 1610 views_clive_baker_

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:50 - Dec 29 by FifeITFC

Have to say I'm a little surprised by the comments against Lapado that I've seen tonight. It wasn't so long ago he was extremely well thought of and a useful player whether as a sub or starting.

Admittedly he didn't do well tonight, but the whole team looked off form which is understandable with so many absentees.

I wouldnt be against him sticking around until the summer, especially if Hirst is out long term. He’s a body, experienced, and whatever people think of him he’s chipped in with some big goals in his time here.

He can’t be criticised for not being Hirst, he’s not in the same league and it’s very evident we need to upgrade on Freddie, but he could be an option on the bench at least. Unless we bring 2 forwards in during Jan which is possible.

I thought he was poor tonight though.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 22:57]
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 1554 viewsFifeITFC

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:53 - Dec 29 by _clive_baker_

I wouldnt be against him sticking around until the summer, especially if Hirst is out long term. He’s a body, experienced, and whatever people think of him he’s chipped in with some big goals in his time here.

He can’t be criticised for not being Hirst, he’s not in the same league and it’s very evident we need to upgrade on Freddie, but he could be an option on the bench at least. Unless we bring 2 forwards in during Jan which is possible.

I thought he was poor tonight though.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 22:57]

I certainly wouldn't disagree that we perhaps need to dip into the transfer market in this window and buy a substantial attacker to match what Hirst offers.

But the criticism of Lapado is a little too harsh - even though I agree he was poor tonight. So was Williams but no-one is giving him the abuse Lapado seems to be getting.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 1529 viewsbob12

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:57 - Dec 29 by FifeITFC

I certainly wouldn't disagree that we perhaps need to dip into the transfer market in this window and buy a substantial attacker to match what Hirst offers.

But the criticism of Lapado is a little too harsh - even though I agree he was poor tonight. So was Williams but no-one is giving him the abuse Lapado seems to be getting.

100% spot on. Williams was very poor tonight but his not getting a bashing all over socials.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 1521 viewstrncbluearmy

He was crap
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 1513 viewsGarv

He's been sat on the bench for a good reason.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 1468 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Disagree with the last point I thought Jackson’s pressing against Leicester was excellent. He also brought a noticeable cheer from the crowd with his first contribution today where he pressed their defender into losing possession. I think he’s much more suited to our playing style than Ladapo.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:32 - Dec 29 with 1350 viewsBlueDouglas

He was very poor tonight. First touch pretty bad, didn't put enough pressure on the qpr defence, some really bad passing, and should have done better with the chances he had in the first half. Not good enough. Brandon Williams equally bad for me. Wish we'd just started with the lad Buabo, he looked up for it when he came on.
Login to get fewer ads

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:43 - Dec 29 with 1286 viewsitfcsuth

Have to be careful you don’t disillusion yourself into blindly backing players when it very evident we have to continuously improve and develop the group.

Ladapo falls in to that catergory I’m afraid, at this level he is not shown to be at the level we need, Jackson falls in to that catergory likewise.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 1269 viewspointofblue

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:43 - Dec 29 by itfcsuth

Have to be careful you don’t disillusion yourself into blindly backing players when it very evident we have to continuously improve and develop the group.

Ladapo falls in to that catergory I’m afraid, at this level he is not shown to be at the level we need, Jackson falls in to that catergory likewise.

We should back players whilst they're playing for the club. If McKenna and Ashton move them on, then so be it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:49 - Dec 29 with 1249 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I’m a massive Ladapo fan but he didn’t deliver tonight.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 00:03 - Dec 30 with 1192 viewsReusersTown

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:58 - Dec 29 by bob12

100% spot on. Williams was very poor tonight but his not getting a bashing all over socials.

Williams has shown that he can more than cut it in the Championship bot now and in his past. Ladapo has norlt. and I don't think ever will. I also agree Williams has been dreadful since Watford, something definitely up with him.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 00:26 - Dec 30 with 1134 viewsStokieBlue

He was very poor tonight, he offered nothing.

It's not his fault, he's just a massive drop from Hirst and isn't good enough to do the job we want in this division.

To say he was better at pressing than Jackson was against Leicester is bizarre in opinion and probably premeditated.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 01:25 - Dec 30 with 1048 viewsitfcsuth

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:45 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

We should back players whilst they're playing for the club. If McKenna and Ashton move them on, then so be it.

Of course we want any player that pulls on the shirt to do well, I’m not wishing anything but that.

However, there is also a reality that you can look at an individual playing and acknowledge that they actually aren’t at the level we require and is an area we need to strengthen.

That unfortunately is the case for Ladapo, as it is for Jackson.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 04:09 - Dec 30 with 972 viewsBigCommon

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 23:43 - Dec 29 by itfcsuth

Don't think anyone is under any illusions that some of our players aren't going to stay the journey, as the club progresses. Even the ones born locally in some cases..
Seen a lot of spiteful comments aimed at FL and KJ after tonight... I guess a bit of frustration after not picking up 3pts..
Thing is, these lads are going to get selected again in 2 days time in the match day squad. What's the point of slating them to death?
We know there are weak links in the squad. We also know that the club are working on it , within tight restrictions..
Don't think I've ever seen a player suddenly find their best form, as a direct result of having abuse hurled at them..
Think even KM referenced "the atmosphere" of tonight's match, in his presser.. Subtle nod to some of the moans and groans, imo..
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 04:21 - Dec 30 with 948 viewsBondiBlue

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 01:25 - Dec 30 by itfcsuth

Of course we want any player that pulls on the shirt to do well, I’m not wishing anything but that.

However, there is also a reality that you can look at an individual playing and acknowledge that they actually aren’t at the level we require and is an area we need to strengthen.

That unfortunately is the case for Ladapo, as it is for Jackson.

They may not be at the level we require but they played a big part in getting us here. It's not their fault that our manager is a genius at getting the absolute maximum out of his players and the level of player we now require is basically premier league quality.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 20:10 - Dec 30 with 716 viewsitfcsuth

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 04:09 - Dec 30 by BigCommon

Don't think anyone is under any illusions that some of our players aren't going to stay the journey, as the club progresses. Even the ones born locally in some cases..
Seen a lot of spiteful comments aimed at FL and KJ after tonight... I guess a bit of frustration after not picking up 3pts..
Thing is, these lads are going to get selected again in 2 days time in the match day squad. What's the point of slating them to death?
We know there are weak links in the squad. We also know that the club are working on it , within tight restrictions..
Don't think I've ever seen a player suddenly find their best form, as a direct result of having abuse hurled at them..
Think even KM referenced "the atmosphere" of tonight's match, in his presser.. Subtle nod to some of the moans and groans, imo..

I’m not slating anyone, I don’t think we should hurl abuse at anyone, or any personal attacks on players.

We should be extremely grateful to anyone involved in this group last year.

But its fair to make the observation, we have made the step up, and it is now evident the keys areas where we need to strengthen.
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 20:41 - Dec 30 with 662 viewsford6600

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 22:58 - Dec 29 by bob12

Yes odd cameo in second half when Williams went round in circles with their player and instead of clearing ball seemed intent on showing he was the superior player but ended up losing ball which could have led to us conceding...Perhaps he has decisions to make in Jan?
The regulars were sorely missed and half the team looked like they were thrown in the deep end, so they struggled..Lucky we didn't play a mid-table team, 0-4 would have been on the cards! Freddie might be better off moving to Rotherham and enjoying a good spell in Division 1 next season...
Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 20:49 - Dec 30 with 642 viewssotd78

The whole ground did not groan any more than everyone booed at the final whistle. But a few did boo and a few got on his back. Most of those we got rid off when we got down to 14000 fan base. I don't wish those days back but for those who really understand the game we are going to have to work hard at keeping the Prawn sandwich brigade in line.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Anger Danger For Of Our Fans Supporting Freddie?? on 21:02 - Dec 30 with 619 viewsMK1

All players, apart from the very. very best, have a ceiling and I think Fred is a top League 1 striker. He is one of the reasons for our promotion and should be remembered for that. Laddy has been fantastic for us and goes with my thanks, but while his stock is still pretty high, time to move on. We need to make space in our squad for newbies, so thanks for the memories Fred and all the best in your new challenge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024