Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst's injury 15:45 - Dec 29 with 1243 viewsZx1988

I've been pondering the last couple of days:

Was his hamstring done for the moment he went down the first time, or did it only go properly once he came back onto the pitch and pulled up?

Hindsight being 20:20 and all, but might this not have happened if he'd have been subbed from the outset?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Hirst's injury on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 1161 viewsbefxblue

IMO it was done in the first instance, he lunged out and then grabbed at the injured area immediately (I thought he'd done a groin straight away).

He barely took 4 steps back onto the pitch and went down which probably wasn't advisable, but enabled minimum time with 10 on the pitch.
Hirst's injury on 16:34 - Dec 29 with 1016 viewsNutkins_Return

Hirst's injury on 15:56 - Dec 29 by befxblue

IMO it was done in the first instance, he lunged out and then grabbed at the injured area immediately (I thought he'd done a groin straight away).

He barely took 4 steps back onto the pitch and went down which probably wasn't advisable, but enabled minimum time with 10 on the pitch.

95% of it at least was the initial incident. With physio I remember him reacting to a stretch and it seemed so obvious he couldn't continue. Genuinely amazed he was allowed back on.
Hirst's injury on 16:48 - Dec 29 with 953 viewsArnieM

I thought he actually slipped as he reached for the ball. So his hamstring was out under snd uncontrolled stretch. Definitely the initial action caused the first injury. Jogging ( or attempting to run) as he came back in the pitch would see the hamstring attempt to contract , but with already torn fibres it would likely cause further testing. Not good. It’s a bloody Sergio
Injury to get with re injury after initial rehab, quite common. Depending on level of tear anything from 6 weeks to 3months.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hirst's injury on 17:23 - Dec 29 with 788 viewsWicklowBlue

Didn't McK say Hirst thought it was cramp and that he could run it off? Either way he hyper extended it and in TV saw him clutching his hammer straight away.
Hirst's injury on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 778 viewsDinDjarin

Right in front of me and though hamstring straight away and even said when he came back on he wont last 5 minutes but actually didnt last 5 seconds.

He stretched for a shiite 10 yard pass from Wolfie.
Hirst's injury on 17:55 - Dec 29 with 658 viewsstonojnr

nah, it went the first time, he could barely walk off or stretch properly on the touchline, I was surprised he even tried to come back on, but I dont think Jackson was completely ready to come on, so it helped waste a bit more time.

what you probably missed is I think he probably overstretched it earlier in the game, there were a couple of times he tried to turn a defender to try and win a ball and then looked a bit uncomfortable afterwards but managed to run it off, and then did that turn for a nothing ball really in the end, but he grabbed his thigh instantly and we knew it was probably a month on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.
Hirst's injury on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 525 viewsbadadski

Hirst's injury on 17:25 - Dec 29 by DinDjarin

Right in front of me and though hamstring straight away and even said when he came back on he wont last 5 minutes but actually didnt last 5 seconds.

He stretched for a shiite 10 yard pass from Wolfie.

Yeah looking back he almost done the splits trying to change direction - not a good one in this weather - hopefully we can acquire a decent replacement In a few days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024