Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester aren't actually very good 21:51 - Dec 26 with 1735 viewsSchmoke

They just have premier league players and a half decent coach who puts almost everything into the counter attack.

I obviously have no idea exactly what it is K Money did at half time to tweak it but we were far superior to them in the second half.

And, as a reminder, this is the exact same team who came up from league one last season up against full on, regular, international players.

Uppa Town good f'ing on em tonight
Leicester aren't actually very good on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 1646 viewsbournemouthblue

Defensively they're incredibly solid and disciplined, I don't think they have as high a gear as Leeds going forward but are solid enough to absorb pressure and break with decent composure

They clearly have Premier League quality players, throughout the side but perhaps are a bit too cautious at times

They're good enough to be cautious and pick teams off, let's be honest

The table doesn't lie, they are night and day ahead of everyone else in this league in terms of consistency really
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 21:59]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:01 - Dec 26 with 1608 viewsVegtablue

They're very solid with talent all over. Looks to be the best formula for points doesn't it, but they were shown up by Leeds at their place and we deserved this here (as much as it was a penalty).
Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:01 - Dec 26 with 1605 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As a matter of interest, what do you think makes a good side if it isn't the quality of the players and coaching? Leicester were happy to play on the counter because they were 1-0 up and a point was good enough for them. The differences at Leeds were that they kept pressing and bossing the game and knew they needed the win.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:15 - Dec 26 with 1452 viewsBigCommon

Leicester are an excellent side in every position , and on the bench..And have a good coach.
If you can replace Daka with Ineacho of the bench, then you've got a squad that is too good for this division..
On another day they get a pen and go 2-0 up...
Saying that, I though our lads stuck at it, after going a goal down. Think I would have been pleased with the performance, even if we'd lost 0-1.
Thought we deserved a bit of luck for our equaliser, for the effort we showed.. Last Season, these two groups of players were two divisions apart. So we really have to earn those little bits of luck...
After that game. We won't be too intimidated with the return fixture in a couple of weeks time.. Had we took a beating, the psychy might have been a bit different...
Proud of my team tonight. Who just went toe to toe with the best team The Championshiop has ever seen...
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 22:16]
Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:16 - Dec 26 with 1429 viewsswede

Nonsense, They are where they are, because they are the best in this league.
I will be delighted if we finish one place behind them this season.
Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:19 - Dec 26 with 1378 viewsgainsboroughblue

They are very clearly a good side. The one thing I think is their achilles heel is finishing a game off. A lot of points they have dropped have come from late goals.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:29 - Dec 26 with 1241 viewsGarv

You're probably a bit harsh on them but I did find myself thinking the difference between them and us was Faes and Mavididi. The former was solid and only looked remotely troubled when Hutchinson offered some tricky footwork. The latter scored a goal I don't think we would - hopefully that's not too harsh on us.

We had them on the ropes late on and we were the ones looking for the win. The team deserves massive credit for that one, hugely deserved point. Especially pleasing for Clarke who had a tough night but also didn't deserve the stick he was getting at times. Very tough job for him how we play, not accounting for the individual he was up against. He and Wolfy coped pretty well second half when they were breaking.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:35 - Dec 26 with 1184 viewsMVBlue

Good to have a point and shown them our quality.
The thing with Leicester is they've been skirting the rules for years.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2023/11/26/everton-should-call-out-

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:38 - Dec 26 with 1154 viewspointofblue

I wasn't impressed with them tonight. Maybe that says more about how we played. Thought overall we defended well. Lucky with the penalty? Maybe if Dewsbury-Hall didn't throw himself over at every touch (not just today) referees would take him more seriously.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Leicester aren't actually very good on 22:39 - Dec 26 with 1137 viewsGeoffSentence

Got to admit I'm not following your reasoning here.

From Sentence Manor it looks like your equation is:

Very good players + good coach + well executed plan = not very good team.

and I have to say, I don't think that adds up.

In my opinion, they are an excellent side, with top quality players and a good manager.

And we matched them, more than matched them in fact.

Uppa Towen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leicester aren't actually very good on 07:11 - Dec 27 with 785 viewsVaughan8

I think what you're trying to say is they didn't play as well as they can yesterday and still nearly got a win against a good team.

I didn't think they got out of 2nd gear yesterday. Always looked threatening on the break and were very good defensively.

Leeds seem.like one of those teams when on fire (and team open up) they are very good going forward but against us anyway, weren't really tested defensively. Based on result clearly.they aren't as good.
Leicester aren't actually very good on 08:11 - Dec 27 with 692 viewstextbackup

FWIW - I think we were better at playing it out from the back than they were lstnight.

But what we’d give for their attacking quality. Think what KM could do with them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leicester aren't actually very good on 08:13 - Dec 27 with 684 viewsPioneerBlue

OP ok

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024