Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delia attack 16:17 - Dec 18 with 2033 viewsMarketboy

Shame on those who attacked Delia, no matter what attacking and frightening 80 year olds is not one could have had a heart attack, no matter car should have gone another way ultras or not
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:43]
Delia attack on 16:20 - Dec 18 with 1979 viewsMattinLondon

A can of lager was chucked at her car. The police aren’t investigating.
Delia attack on 16:22 - Dec 18 with 1956 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

While it was not a good look, it has also been shown in a different light to the actual events, which were recorded on phones yet ignored by the media as it didn't show Ipswich supporters in the way they wanted us to be shown, which was as mindless animals.

Car drives up behind coach and starts pushing into Ipswich supporters.
Driver of car mouths off at Ipswich supporters.
Driver of car has a Norwich tie on, this is spotted.
A beer can is thrown.
Nobody knew she was in the car.

Not right to throw, but equally not right to fabricate stories about our support being thugs either, they are absolutely despising us at the moment and desperate for one of their favourites to nick our manager and us to fall off again.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:23]
Delia attack on 16:24 - Dec 18 with 1913 viewsstickymockwell

Poor Delia!
If it was a full can she'd be crawling on the bonnet to get it!

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Delia attack on 16:29 - Dec 18 with 1891 viewsnorfsufblue

Tbf reading the news story today she obviously fancied her chances of getting to the game safely going through our fans than through theirs!!
Delia attack on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 1858 viewsSitfcB

Give over ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Delia attack on 16:33 - Dec 18 with 1845 viewsOldFart71

Having been a Town fan and going along to Carrot Road many times for local Derbies they haven't any reason to point the finger at us about being yobs. I went once with my then Brother-in-Law in a segregated section of the Barclay Stand. My Brother-in-Law was hit on the side of the face with a piece of brick and had to have medical attention. As I said previously, no excuse for vandalism, but what a stupid thing for Delia's people to decide to drive through a highly charged crowd. It had been shown on tv the previous night that Ashton had been around the schools and that Town fans would be turning up at 11 o-clock to meet the Town coach in similar fashion to the end of last season.
Delia attack on 16:35 - Dec 18 with 1812 viewsBobbychase

Question for you. If I approach central London on the day of a Free Palestine protest with a Star of David across the back seat of my car, and the police tell me there is a huge crowd ahead, but offer me a different street with no protesters on, but I still drive through the protest, and one of them kicks my hub caps, is it in any way my fault?

Just wondering.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Delia attack on 16:37 - Dec 18 with 1781 views_clive_baker_

Delia attack on 16:33 - Dec 18 by OldFart71

Having been a Town fan and going along to Carrot Road many times for local Derbies they haven't any reason to point the finger at us about being yobs. I went once with my then Brother-in-Law in a segregated section of the Barclay Stand. My Brother-in-Law was hit on the side of the face with a piece of brick and had to have medical attention. As I said previously, no excuse for vandalism, but what a stupid thing for Delia's people to decide to drive through a highly charged crowd. It had been shown on tv the previous night that Ashton had been around the schools and that Town fans would be turning up at 11 o-clock to meet the Town coach in similar fashion to the end of last season.

I think both of those things are true:

- Absolutely idiotic to take that route, through a crowd specifically there to welcome the Ipswich coach. If you're cynical you would think it was deliberate. Was it goading? or perhaps a deliberate attempt to increase her popularity among Norwich fans by driving down there, she should've flicked the V's out of the window Mr Bean style. Whatever it was it was pure stupidity from whoever had that bright idea.

- Despite that, you don't have to throw a beer can and call and 80 year old woman a whore. It doesn't sit particularly well with me tbh.
Login to get fewer ads

Delia attack on 16:41 - Dec 18 with 1746 viewsBobbychase

Delia attack on 16:22 - Dec 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

While it was not a good look, it has also been shown in a different light to the actual events, which were recorded on phones yet ignored by the media as it didn't show Ipswich supporters in the way they wanted us to be shown, which was as mindless animals.

Car drives up behind coach and starts pushing into Ipswich supporters.
Driver of car mouths off at Ipswich supporters.
Driver of car has a Norwich tie on, this is spotted.
A beer can is thrown.
Nobody knew she was in the car.

Not right to throw, but equally not right to fabricate stories about our support being thugs either, they are absolutely despising us at the moment and desperate for one of their favourites to nick our manager and us to fall off again.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:23]

I reckon, looking at the aerial pics, there were a good 3-4,000 Town fans in that vicinity. The fact a solitary beer can was thrown tells you a lot about our fan base.

Delia attack on 16:42 - Dec 18 with 1721 views_clive_baker_

Delia attack on 16:41 - Dec 18 by Bobbychase

I reckon, looking at the aerial pics, there were a good 3-4,000 Town fans in that vicinity. The fact a solitary beer can was thrown tells you a lot about our fan base.

They're too tight to waste good beer?
Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 1703 viewsHogger

As one of the people actually there, I can assure you that you are way off the mark here. We were walking behind the coach at the time and that car came from nowhere at speed, agressively honking and almost running people over. They - and I guess everyone - can be grateful that this was not far far worse...if someone had gone under that car we would be talking about a disaster here for the people inside the car (and noone could see it was Delia due to blackout windows)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:49]
Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 1693 viewsMattinLondon

Delia attack on 16:42 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

It was Carlsberg.
Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 with 1679 viewsBobbychase

Delia attack on 16:42 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

Also suggests almost everyone had no idea she was in that car.

Delia attack on 16:45 - Dec 18 with 1667 viewsHogger

Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 by Bobbychase

Completely right - we just saw two men with yellow and green ties trying to run people down!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:50]
Delia attack on 16:48 - Dec 18 with 1636 viewsBobbychase

Shouldn't you declare you're a budgie at the start of a thread like this btw

Delia attack on 16:51 - Dec 18 with 1588 views_clive_baker_

Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 by Bobbychase

I was about 30 meters away and it was pretty obvious to those around me who it was, especially from the front. It would be even weirder behavior to throw a can of beer at a car following the Ipswich bus had it not been obvious.
Delia attack on 17:02 - Dec 18 with 1517 viewsMattinLondon

Delia attack on 16:48 - Dec 18 by Bobbychase

Shouldn't you declare you're a budgie at the start of a thread like this btw

That would have been the polite thing to do.

I quite like it when opposition fans come onto the site and offer up an alternative opinion - but unfortunately we’ve got that.
Delia attack on 17:21 - Dec 18 with 1433 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On behalf of all Town fans I would like to wish Delia, her husband and her driver a full and speedy recovery from their traumatic injuries and multiple heart attacks. The vitriol and hatred she faces from her own fans should be sufficient without us adding to it. She is doing an excellent job running your club into the ground and no Town fan would wish her project to come to any harm.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Delia attack on 17:23 - Dec 18 with 1415 viewsBobbychase

Delia attack on 17:21 - Dec 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

On behalf of all Town fans I would like to wish Delia, her husband and her driver a full and speedy recovery from their traumatic injuries and multiple heart attacks. The vitriol and hatred she faces from her own fans should be sufficient without us adding to it. She is doing an excellent job running your club into the ground and no Town fan would wish her project to come to any harm.

Quite right.

Also, tell us who told her to drive through the highest concentration of Ipswich fans on any street in Suffolk at the weekend, at precisely the moment they were about to disperse. We'll make sure the rogue is put in the stocks on the Cornhill for a bit.

Delia attack on 17:34 - Dec 18 with 1343 viewsford6600

Probably not the best beer in the world...but if you want a can to stick to a bonnet...choose Carlsberg.
Delia attack on 17:44 - Dec 18 with 1306 viewsexeterblue10

Delia attack on 16:44 - Dec 18 by Hogger

As one of the people actually there, I can assure you that you are way off the mark here. We were walking behind the coach at the time and that car came from nowhere at speed, agressively honking and almost running people over. They - and I guess everyone - can be grateful that this was not far far worse...if someone had gone under that car we would be talking about a disaster here for the people inside the car (and noone could see it was Delia due to blackout windows)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:49]

I was there too and I heard someone clearly say as the car passed by me a couple of metres away that it was Delia and her husband, so some people definitely knew it was her. Not all I’m sure but definitely some. I think I’ve said the same thing in three different posts now and shan’t bother again but it’s just not true that no one knew who was in the car. I’m bored of this now.
Delia attack on 18:40 - Dec 18 with 1112 viewsMK1

Do you sell Carrots on your market stall by any chance?
Delia attack on 18:51 - Dec 18 with 1070 viewstcblue

Now the dust has settled somewhat with this nonsense.

Wasn't long ago their fanbase was calling for her / other board members heads.

Now this has somewhat beatified her in their eyes.

Which means more time for them to stay with their banter era, broke ownership.

I'm not displeased with this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024