Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… 12:28 - Dec 18 with 2380 viewsDarkBrandon

“Maybe West Ham think they can do better. Maybe they know so. Maybe they have a young manager like Kieran McKenna at Ipswich Town primed and ready to go next season.”

(Martin Samuel in the Times)

Perfectly reasonable speculation/guessing from Samuel, but it made me sit up a little. This is only going to get worse
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:29 - Dec 18 with 2339 viewshomer_123

No point losing any sleep over this.

What will be will be.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:32 - Dec 18 with 2306 viewsDarkBrandon

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:29 - Dec 18 by homer_123

No point losing any sleep over this.

What will be will be.

I sleep like a baby. I wake up every three hours crying and covered in piss
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:33 - Dec 18 with 2289 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Fine, but it'll cost 'em! The next Guardiola doesn't come cheap!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:47 - Dec 18 with 2161 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Would be a terrible move for him. Having the misfortune to live bang in the middle of WHU territory, their fanbase lack the patience and football awareness to give him the time he would need to implement his ideas on a new squad (as was the case with us).

He will obviously leave at some point but he deserves a better platform and better club than West Ham
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:56 - Dec 18 with 2059 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Martin Samuel hates Ipswich, he'd love it if one of his favourites nabbed our manager and we were knocked back down a peg or two.
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:57 - Dec 18 with 2053 viewsMattinLondon

My Premier League knowledge isn’t what it used to be but is it the same West Ham that are seven points off from the top four, through to the next stage of the Europa League and won a European trophy last season?
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 13:00 - Dec 18 with 2016 viewsDarkBrandon

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:47 - Dec 18 by Uncle_Bulgaria

Would be a terrible move for him. Having the misfortune to live bang in the middle of WHU territory, their fanbase lack the patience and football awareness to give him the time he would need to implement his ideas on a new squad (as was the case with us).

He will obviously leave at some point but he deserves a better platform and better club than West Ham

I disagree. I think they’d suit him very well. Or a similar large-but-not-elite PL club.

I think you are giving our fanbase a little too much credit here. Don’t forget the almost immediate turnaround that he brought to our football. The gillingham away game (which might have been his second in charge) showed immediately what KM was trying to do, and showed he had (at least) a fair chance of succeeding in that. Easy to get behind the manager when progress is being made.
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 13:02 - Dec 18 with 1994 viewsDarkBrandon

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:57 - Dec 18 by MattinLondon

My Premier League knowledge isn’t what it used to be but is it the same West Ham that are seven points off from the top four, through to the next stage of the Europa League and won a European trophy last season?

The same. Samuel makes the same point in the article (the summary is West Ham would be mad to not extend Moyes’ contract)
Login to get fewer ads

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 13:11 - Dec 18 with 1879 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:33 - Dec 18 by ThatMuhrenCross

Fine, but it'll cost 'em! The next Guardiola doesn't come cheap!

When has Guardiola ever won anything with 3rd Division players?

One of the most remarkable things about McKenna is the way he has taken players through gears that they didn't know they had!
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 16:42 - Dec 18 with 1471 viewsBucklebury_blue

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:56 - Dec 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Martin Samuel hates Ipswich, he'd love it if one of his favourites nabbed our manager and we were knocked back down a peg or two.

Not just one of his favourites, he is an unabashed West Ham fan (I worked with him at the DM) but doesn’t usually let on. right about him having a down on ITFC.
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 1265 viewsMK1

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 13:02 - Dec 18 by DarkBrandon

The same. Samuel makes the same point in the article (the summary is West Ham would be mad to not extend Moyes’ contract)

Think Moyes doesn't want to sign anyway. Think he has had enough there. Would be the right club for KM, just not yet. Let him take us up first and see how we fare.
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 19:37 - Dec 18 with 1219 viewsSwansea_Blue

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:32 - Dec 18 by DarkBrandon

I sleep like a baby. I wake up every three hours crying and covered in piss

I sleep like a log. Outside and covered in moss.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 19:55 - Dec 18 with 1149 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 16:42 - Dec 18 by Bucklebury_blue

Not just one of his favourites, he is an unabashed West Ham fan (I worked with him at the DM) but doesn’t usually let on. right about him having a down on ITFC.

You are the reason he hates us?

I can't imagine many Wet Spam fans have good reason to hate us. They always seemed to get the better of us in my lifetime. Often over many long and hard fought campaigns (cup ties/relegation battles/play offs).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 21:13 - Dec 18 with 1028 viewsWD19

Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 12:56 - Dec 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

“Ipswich didn’t get relegated because they had European games to worry about. They got relegated because they are Ipswich Town.”
Buried in an article about Moyes’ contract running out at West Ham… on 21:32 - Dec 18 with 966 viewsskankerman

Would be a good move for him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024