Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats to Blue Action 22:24 - Dec 16 with 2382 viewsportmanroadblue

Made a lot of people very happy!!!!
I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 22:36 - Dec 16 with 2326 viewsunstableblue

And the blue stripes

It looked quality, it really did

Well done to Blue Action and all involved

That option of a line of text is really exciting, it works well

- Running Towards Adversity

- Pride of Anglia since 1878

- Ramsey - Robson - Burley - McKenna

- 1962 - 1978 - 1981 - 2024

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Congrats to Blue Action on 07:17 - Dec 17 with 2127 viewsSawtrich

Absolutely brilliant. I heard a few people saying it could backfire or we could be left with egg on our faces. Garbage. It's just fans being passionate about supporting our team. What a team we have, what a club we have. The annoying little brother up the road has had its day in the sun and now the biggest and best club in East Anglia is back to claim its rightful place. COYB.
I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 08:04 - Dec 17 with 2063 viewsslade1

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 22:36 - Dec 16 by unstableblue

And the blue stripes

It looked quality, it really did

Well done to Blue Action and all involved

That option of a line of text is really exciting, it works well

- Running Towards Adversity

- Pride of Anglia since 1878

- Ramsey - Robson - Burley - McKenna

- 1962 - 1978 - 1981 - 2024

The support, noise and atmosphere in the stadium that they bring to the club is excellent but....
greeting the team bus with flares and such like is not a good idea, The players have their routines before the match like meeting up, a meal, kieran and co doing pre match talks etc.
Then travel on the bus to the ground, where again each player has their own routines to put themselves in the right zone for the upcoming match.

Whereas they all probably appreciate the support they get, surely greeting the team with flags, noise and flares is just a distraction from normal match day routines and worse still, puts extra pressure on them once they get on the pitch.

Even Wes Burns has said that they appreciate it but didn't need it.
I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 08:21 - Dec 17 with 2007 viewsStewart27

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 08:04 - Dec 17 by slade1

The support, noise and atmosphere in the stadium that they bring to the club is excellent but....
greeting the team bus with flares and such like is not a good idea, The players have their routines before the match like meeting up, a meal, kieran and co doing pre match talks etc.
Then travel on the bus to the ground, where again each player has their own routines to put themselves in the right zone for the upcoming match.

Whereas they all probably appreciate the support they get, surely greeting the team with flags, noise and flares is just a distraction from normal match day routines and worse still, puts extra pressure on them once they get on the pitch.

It’s the second time it’s ever happened. Won’t be a week in week our thing.

Not sure what Burns is supposed to say. He’s hardly going to turn around and say that he needs a bud greeting to get him motivated for a game.
I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 08:25 - Dec 17 with 1991 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 08:04 - Dec 17 by slade1

We've done it once before and we won 6-0.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Congrats to Blue Action on 10:26 - Dec 17 with 1825 viewsMedblue

Blue action are great at creating displays and organising bus welcomes. Creating a consistently loud atmosphere during games not so much.
Congrats to Blue Action on 10:59 - Dec 17 with 1759 viewsPinewoodblue

Congrats to Blue Action on 10:26 - Dec 17 by Medblue

Blue action are great at creating displays and organising bus welcomes. Creating a consistently loud atmosphere during games not so much.

The best way to thank Blu Action is to donate to their funds so they can continue to build the atmosphere.

https://blueaction.bigcartel.com/?fbclid=IwAR0_5Pi-iF7Al_3CUf1jUrT17FWPmH6xqGM7h

Scroll down to the bottom.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Congrats to Blue Action on 11:04 - Dec 17 with 1735 viewsSlambo

Let me guess - you sit in the Alf Ramsey stand..?

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

Congrats to Blue Action on 11:11 - Dec 17 with 1708 viewsghostofescobar

Blue Action hardly stop singing. It’s the rest of the ground that doesn’t follow and is quieter sometimes. If you sit somewhere else in the ground maybe you could try and get your section going more?

GhostOfEscobar

Congrats to Blue Action on 11:13 - Dec 17 with 1686 viewsghostofescobar

Agreed. Very good. Takes a lot of effort and time and they should be applauded.

GhostOfEscobar

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 11:37 - Dec 17 with 1591 viewsSitfcB

Wes Burns literally said “I hope it’s like that for Norwich” when watching back the one at happened prior to the Exeter game.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 12:11 - Dec 17 with 1512 viewstractorshark

Wes Burns meant we didn’t need it to get motivated for the game, not we didn’t need the extra attention.
I think all the players appreciated it and I don’t think there’s any harm in putting on a show or trying to create an atmosphere. We have been devoid of one for a long time.
Did the occasion get to a few of the players? Perhaps.
But if the argument against these things is don’t do them because you could end up with egg on your face, well then you’ll never do them.
There’s always a chance the party will fall flat, even if promotion or a title is secured.
Personally, I applaud Blue Action for their efforts. They have played a big part in bringing the good times back to Portman Road. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Pioneer stand standing and chanting.
But I never thought yesterday was going to be easy, despite what many on here believed.
I actually thought this was Norwich’s cup final, not ours and their celebrations and relief at full time just emphasised that.
Yes, I was a bit crushed at the end but that soon passed and the reality is I’d much rather be in our position, than theirs.
And they’re now saddled with Wagner for a lot longer which isn’t a good thing.
Did the Ipswich Town players come out at the start and dominate, and create… on 12:54 - Dec 17 with 1412 viewsunstableblue

… chances?

And dominate the opposition.

100%

So your point is therefore not valid.

Broadhead and Burns take their chances we win the game 3-0.

We played them off the park. And they were reduced to a low block for most of the second half.

Previous derbies we’ve looked the poor cousins!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 12:57 - Dec 17 with 1407 viewspennblue

The points you raised are valid for discussion. I guess on the continent these sort of events happen more often so the teams must just get used to it.

With or without that welcome yesterday, I think the players would have felt more pressure than usual as they knew the circumstances around previous derby matches. There was a huge level of expectation and I am sure that affected the finishing in the 1st half.

Having said that, the players will be better for the experience and will be better prepared for the return match.

It would be great if we could secure promotion in the return fixture. If we could maintain the gap we currently have by that fixture, we would surely have it in the bag by then.

The players and manager would no doubt have seen how smarmy they are, which will just add to the desire to finish them off properly back at carrot rd.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 12:59]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 14:48 - Dec 17 with 1232 viewsNomore4

I loved the Cobbold Stand replica hanging from the North Upper on 12:57 - Dec 17 by pennblue

The points you raised are valid for discussion. I guess on the continent these sort of events happen more often so the teams must just get used to it.

With or without that welcome yesterday, I think the players would have felt more pressure than usual as they knew the circumstances around previous derby matches. There was a huge level of expectation and I am sure that affected the finishing in the 1st half.

Having said that, the players will be better for the experience and will be better prepared for the return match.

It would be great if we could secure promotion in the return fixture. If we could maintain the gap we currently have by that fixture, we would surely have it in the bag by then.

The players and manager would no doubt have seen how smarmy they are, which will just add to the desire to finish them off properly back at carrot rd.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 12:59]

The Blue Action boys played a massive part in the club rebuild. And keeping things together when it looked like L2 would be our destination.
They play a huge part in every game played.
And full respect they have from me for all the above…..
Congrats to Blue Action on 20:54 - Dec 17 with 1003 viewsBlue_Order

Cheers. We’ve pretty much been building up to yesterday for 5 years. Shame about the result but the fans more than played their part - its clear after this weekend who runs Anglia, on and off the pitch 😎

Thanks to anyone that contributed, much love 💙

More pics here…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024