Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football League quiz 16:52 - Dec 10 with 1833 viewsMiaow

Teams Relegated From the English Football League

This is a quiz on naming the clubs that have dropped out of the League to the Conference/National League since automatic relegation was introduced in 1986–87. There are 40 to try and get in 10 minutes - do let me know if you think this is too much or not enough time. Some of the teams have been relegated from the fourth tier more than once, and a few of the answers are a bit more obscure than others.

If it helps, the image below is of a player from a team that was relegated from League Two in recent times.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/teams-relegated-from-the-english-fo

Thanks very much for having a look. ⚽️

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football League quiz on 17:05 - Dec 10 with 1779 viewsDarkBrandon

Good quiz. I got half which I’m satisfied with. 10 minutes was about right imo
Football League quiz on 17:18 - Dec 10 with 1759 viewsWacko

38/40. Time limit works well

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Football League quiz on 17:27 - Dec 10 with 1739 viewsgainsboroughblue

37/40.

Ran out of time but I think the time limit is fine.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football League quiz on 17:31 - Dec 10 with 1729 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Football League quiz on 17:18 - Dec 10 by Wacko

38/40. Time limit works well

I got 23. 10 minutes is fine. Good quiz that one

Poll: Our final position

Football League quiz on 17:58 - Dec 10 with 1690 viewsWeWereZombies

SPOILER ALERT, do not read if you have not done the quiz yet !

Twenty five and my mind had gone blank at the end, but I had missed some big name - Notts County, Cambridge United, Luton, Oldham, Southend, Bristol Rovers, Oxford United and so on. Doesn't Bury FC figure in this ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 18:00]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Football League quiz on 18:00 - Dec 10 with 1682 viewsgainsboroughblue

Football League quiz on 17:58 - Dec 10 by WeWereZombies

SPOILER ALERT, do not read if you have not done the quiz yet !

Twenty five and my mind had gone blank at the end, but I had missed some big name - Notts County, Cambridge United, Luton, Oldham, Southend, Bristol Rovers, Oxford United and so on. Doesn't Bury FC figure in this ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 18:00]

Nope. They were expelled from League One at the start of 2019-20 season. Didn't stop me from guessing at them when I ran out of ideas though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football League quiz on 18:04 - Dec 10 with 1667 viewsWeWereZombies

Football League quiz on 18:00 - Dec 10 by gainsboroughblue

Nope. They were expelled from League One at the start of 2019-20 season. Didn't stop me from guessing at them when I ran out of ideas though.

Ah, so like getting sacked from a job then they give you no reference but if you agree to leave early then you might get a letter confirming you were there during the dates stated on your CV...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Football League quiz on 18:20 - Dec 10 with 1631 viewsSmithersJones

It’s a good one and the time is about right. When you reveal the answers at the end can you use something other than red and Green text please? It’s a nightmare for colour blind people.
Login to get fewer ads

Football League quiz on 19:02 - Dec 10 with 1570 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

38, but the two I missed were really easy ones

Time limit feels spot on, thanks as always!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Football League quiz on 22:33 - Dec 10 with 1421 viewsMiaow

Football League quiz on 18:20 - Dec 10 by SmithersJones

It’s a good one and the time is about right. When you reveal the answers at the end can you use something other than red and Green text please? It’s a nightmare for colour blind people.

Sorry, I think you mentioned this once before. I did mean to post a question about it on the quiz website's Reddit forum to see if anything could be done to make it easier but I hadn't done it, so I've submitted something this evening.

It's unfortunately out of my control when making the quizzes on the website but I hope that bringing it to their attention will mean they can amend it in some way. I'd not previously considered that it could be difficult for colour-blind people but I ought to try and be more aware of it in everyday life now. Red-green colour blindness is the most common type, isn't it?

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆

Football League quiz on 23:26 - Dec 10 with 1382 viewsPlums

33/40 I think the ten minutes is about right. A tough one

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football League quiz on 00:26 - Dec 11 with 1355 viewsMiaow

Football League quiz on 22:33 - Dec 10 by Miaow

Sorry, I think you mentioned this once before. I did mean to post a question about it on the quiz website's Reddit forum to see if anything could be done to make it easier but I hadn't done it, so I've submitted something this evening.

It's unfortunately out of my control when making the quizzes on the website but I hope that bringing it to their attention will mean they can amend it in some way. I'd not previously considered that it could be difficult for colour-blind people but I ought to try and be more aware of it in everyday life now. Red-green colour blindness is the most common type, isn't it?

I've been told that there is actually a colour blindness setting that can be turned on/off but it seems like it may only be available to users that are signed in. Just waiting to find out if that is indeed the case. It would be a bit of a shame if so.

Football League quiz on 07:35 - Dec 11 with 1259 viewsrunaround

39/40
Football League quiz on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 1184 viewsMiaow

Football League quiz on 18:00 - Dec 10 by gainsboroughblue

Yep, meaning that only one team went down from League Two that season as a result (3 relegated from L1, four promoted from L2, one relegated from L2, two promoted from the NL).

No team was automatically relegated from the League in 1992 as a result of the expulsion and demise of one of the clubs in the Fourth Division (the phoenix club does feature as an answer in this quiz) and another team resigned from the League the following season but one club was still relegated to the Conference.

There were three seasons in the ‘90s where the Conference champions had grounds that didn’t fulfil Football League requirements and so they weren’t promoted, but they all did end up in the League in the years that followed.

Football League quiz on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 1168 viewshoppy

Good quiz... only 19 out of 40, but gave up with 3 mins left, as had gone mind-blank. On seeing the answers, there were a few more I should've got, and a couple I would've never got.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Football League quiz on 12:42 - Dec 11 with 1128 viewsbrazil1982

Football League quiz on 14:50 - Dec 11 with 1070 viewsTractorCam

39/40, the one I didn't get is possibly the only one that had been relegated 3 times!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Football League quiz on 19:02 - Dec 11 with 993 viewsMiaow

Football League quiz on 14:50 - Dec 11 by TractorCam

39/40, the one I didn't get is possibly the only one that had been relegated 3 times!

Argh, that’s pretty galling! But a great score (the average is 25/40).

I think you’re right about there being only one team to go down from the fourth tier on three occasions, and they’re not even a club that has a particularly long history in the Football League. There are a handful of others that have been relegated to non-League twice.

Football League quiz on 19:41 - Dec 11 with 967 viewsMK1

31/40. 10 minutes was fine, I spent the last 2 minutes just randomly putting names in. (none of which were correct)
Good quiz that, thanks.
Football League quiz on 19:47 - Dec 11 with 960 viewsSmithersJones

Football League quiz on 00:26 - Dec 11 by Miaow

I've been told that there is actually a colour blindness setting that can be turned on/off but it seems like it may only be available to users that are signed in. Just waiting to find out if that is indeed the case. It would be a bit of a shame if so.

Thanks for looking. From what I can see there’s a “dark mode” but all that is is red or Green text on a black background, so no better really. I haven’t registered for an account because I only do the ones you post on TWTD, so it didn’t seem worth it. It’s pretty poor if you have to register to be able to make full use of the quizzes. Wordle, by contrast, has a very good colour blind mode.
Football League quiz on 20:59 - Dec 11 with 914 viewsBlueandTruesince82

29. Quite happy with that

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Football League quiz on 11:45 - Dec 12 with 796 viewsMiaow

Football League quiz on 19:47 - Dec 11 by SmithersJones

Thanks for looking. From what I can see there’s a “dark mode” but all that is is red or Green text on a black background, so no better really. I haven’t registered for an account because I only do the ones you post on TWTD, so it didn’t seem worth it. It’s pretty poor if you have to register to be able to make full use of the quizzes. Wordle, by contrast, has a very good colour blind mode.

That’s okay. It is frustrating that it’s the way it is. I don’t think you should have to register to be able to use that mode/setting - I don’t know how hard it is for them to implement but I think it ought to be available to all in the same way as the dark mode. The person who responded to me was the main quizmaster/founder of the site and they told me it was only an option for people who are signed in as members, so I don’t think it’ll change, which is disappointing. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to bring you more positive news on it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024