Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Woolfy starting today... 18:26 - Dec 9 with 2964 viewsNedPlimpton

You'd assume he'd get the nod ahead of Tuanzebe for the derby, wouldn't you?
With Woolfy starting today... on 18:36 - Dec 9 with 2893 viewsnorfsufblue

The one thing you can't really predict this season is KMs ability to make exactly the right call at the right time.... im convinced one of these day all three centre backs will play and he'll throw some unlucky opponent a completely new curve ball!... just back whoever the manager decides is the best man for the job!
With Woolfy starting today... on 21:32 - Dec 9 with 2746 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would expect Tuanzebe to start against Watford then Woolfenden next week. But if Tuanzebe doesn't play midweek, who knows who will get the nod then!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

With Woolfy starting today... on 21:34 - Dec 9 with 2735 viewsGlasgowBlue

That was my thought. Then you have to wonder who will get the nod out of Williams and Clarke. Williams is the better player but Clarke may have the cooler head.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

With Woolfy starting today... on 21:36 - Dec 9 with 2728 viewsblueislander

With Woolfy starting today... on 18:36 - Dec 9 by norfsufblue

The one thing you can't really predict this season is KMs ability to make exactly the right call at the right time.... im convinced one of these day all three centre backs will play and he'll throw some unlucky opponent a completely new curve ball!... just back whoever the manager decides is the best man for the job!

Highly unlikely that we would play 3 centre backs, unless forced by players being unavailable. There is no reason for McKenna to make such a radical change of system.
With Woolfy starting today... on 22:05 - Dec 9 with 2644 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder if tuenzebe might get the nod v leeds.
They are rapid. He appears quicker than wolfy too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

With Woolfy starting today... on 22:40 - Dec 9 with 2564 viewsParisBlue

Both his appearances so far have been in the middle of 3 game weeks. Every chance we'll see the same again, and the same over Xmas.

KM also swapped out Burgess for Edmundson vs Hull and Plymouth, but I don't expect to see that.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

With Woolfy starting today... on 22:48 - Dec 9 with 2520 viewsPerublue

With Woolfy starting today... on 21:34 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

That was my thought. Then you have to wonder who will get the nod out of Williams and Clarke. Williams is the better player but Clarke may have the cooler head.

Clarke has probably never been described in that way in his life....I fully expect at least one of them to be red carded in the derby no matter who starts and I imagine it'll either be a full on tackle translated by the ref as a foul or a shirt removing yellow card while jumping into the crowd to celebrate a goal...

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

With Woolfy starting today... on 22:57 - Dec 9 with 2491 viewstextbackup

With Woolfy starting today... on 21:34 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

I actually think Williams could be a liability in that game, a stupid sending off isnt what we need.

And I really don’t think he’s smart enough to read the game he’d be playing in. Plus, Clarke has been playing really well of late

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

With Woolfy starting today... on 07:41 - Dec 10 with 2241 viewsbrogansnose

With Woolfy starting today... on 22:57 - Dec 9 by textbackup

I actually think Williams could be a liability in that game, a stupid sending off isnt what we need.

And I really don’t think he’s smart enough to read the game he’d be playing in. Plus, Clarke has been playing really well of late

Brandon will get baited and might just snap, but, him and Clarkey are both going to want this one along with Wolfy. As an aside, as the players were walking away from the post match celebrations and Norwich City we're coming for you as being sung, Clarkey stopped, looked back and had ' that look' on his face.
With Woolfy starting today... on 07:58 - Dec 10 with 2202 viewsfranz_tyson

With Woolfy starting today... on 07:41 - Dec 10 by brogansnose

Brandon will get baited and might just snap, but, him and Clarkey are both going to want this one along with Wolfy. As an aside, as the players were walking away from the post match celebrations and Norwich City we're coming for you as being sung, Clarkey stopped, looked back and had ' that look' on his face.

Why don't we just do what we normally do and play good, smart, winning football? Why do we need to '"want" it more and lose our heads. More likely we'll even things up in Norwich's favour. We can win it easily without losing our heads.
With Woolfy starting today... on 08:05 - Dec 10 with 2176 viewstextbackup

With Woolfy starting today... on 07:58 - Dec 10 by franz_tyson

Why don't we just do what we normally do and play good, smart, winning football? Why do we need to '"want" it more and lose our heads. More likely we'll even things up in Norwich's favour. We can win it easily without losing our heads.

I think that’s the hope isn’t it.

We don’t need to be drawn into a bullsht battle.

I can see BW pulling out an almighty tackle for a reaction, and depending on the level of ref, will either be let go or given a straight red

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With Woolfy starting today... on 08:22 - Dec 10 with 2137 viewsbrogansnose

With Woolfy starting today... on 07:58 - Dec 10 by franz_tyson

I agree, but 'wanting it ' doesn't neccesarily equate to losing your head. We do have some players being more invested in winning this than we perhaps have had in previous encounters. McKenna will certainly be telling the players to do exactly what you've said but in the heat and atmosphere of the occasion it can go awry. Anyway, I feel that Williams would be the one who could possibly lose his head more that Clarke.
With Woolfy starting today... on 08:29 - Dec 10 with 2111 viewsPinewoodblue

With Woolfy starting today... on 08:22 - Dec 10 by brogansnose

I agree, but 'wanting it ' doesn't neccesarily equate to losing your head. We do have some players being more invested in winning this than we perhaps have had in previous encounters. McKenna will certainly be telling the players to do exactly what you've said but in the heat and atmosphere of the occasion it can go awry. Anyway, I feel that Williams would be the one who could possibly lose his head more that Clarke.

I’m sure Woolfenden & Clarke have been telling everyone what an Ipswich - Norwich derby means to the fans, hopefully they both start.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

With Woolfy starting today... on 08:40 - Dec 10 with 2087 viewsfranz_tyson

With Woolfy starting today... on 08:22 - Dec 10 by brogansnose

The thing is.... we try and win every game. We're also in a promotion battle where every 3 points is precious. I think we're invested in every game at the moment. This match obviously means more to the fans than the players.I would actually say this game might mean more to Wagner than McKenna as Wagner's reputation will be instantly raised by one victory against us.... yet we'd still love Kieran if we lost.
I trust in Kieran in that if he needs to gee up the players for it, then great, but also that we need him ensure we keep our composure. We're a very well coached side and we need to stick to our strengths. I'm really not sure how much having home-grown players in the team is an advantage.
With Woolfy starting today... on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 1882 viewsviewfromtheu2

Think it's only a matter of time before Axel starts over Woolfy tbh, he makes me nervous

@BonoITFC

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:01 - Dec 10 with 1768 viewsHerbivore

With Woolfy starting today... on 11:54 - Dec 10 by viewfromtheu2

Think it's only a matter of time before Axel starts over Woolfy tbh, he makes me nervous

Woolfenden has been excellent this season, why does he make you nervous?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:06 - Dec 10 with 1760 viewspointofblue

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:01 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Woolfenden has been excellent this season, why does he make you nervous?

I do think he has a concentration issue, and it seems to gift an opportunity to the opposition more often than necessary. Some, but not all of that, is because so much expectation is placed on him to play out from the back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:08 - Dec 10 with 1750 viewsHerbivore

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:06 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

I do think he has a concentration issue, and it seems to gift an opportunity to the opposition more often than necessary. Some, but not all of that, is because so much expectation is placed on him to play out from the back.

That is a narrative some people like to spin but it just doesn't tally up with what's actually been happening on the pitch. The Swansea goal aside, which he was at fault for, he's been really solid and is certainly not gifting teams opportunities on a regular basis.

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:14 - Dec 10 with 1709 viewspointofblue

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:08 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

That is a narrative some people like to spin but it just doesn't tally up with what's actually been happening on the pitch. The Swansea goal aside, which he was at fault for, he's been really solid and is certainly not gifting teams opportunities on a regular basis.

I'd disagree. Yesterday he played an utterly stupid past straight to one of their players at 0-0 which they luckily didn't take advantage of. Last week he dallied far too long on the ball resulting in a chance (there was another in the second half against Coventry which some point the finger at him for, but IMO he was given a hospital ball and couldn't do much with it).

Dismissing the brackets, those are two glaring errors in back-to-back games which left us exposed, and we were fortunate not to concede. Just because they didn't take advantage of them doesn't mean they're not being made. If he tightens up on the basics - his errors normally happen when he's under, or thinks he's under, little pressure - then there wouldn't be questions about him or Tuanzebe.

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:10 - Dec 10 with 1583 viewsHerbivore

With Woolfy starting today... on 15:14 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

I'd disagree. Yesterday he played an utterly stupid past straight to one of their players at 0-0 which they luckily didn't take advantage of. Last week he dallied far too long on the ball resulting in a chance (there was another in the second half against Coventry which some point the finger at him for, but IMO he was given a hospital ball and couldn't do much with it).

Dismissing the brackets, those are two glaring errors in back-to-back games which left us exposed, and we were fortunate not to concede. Just because they didn't take advantage of them doesn't mean they're not being made. If he tightens up on the basics - his errors normally happen when he's under, or thinks he's under, little pressure - then there wouldn't be questions about him or Tuanzebe.

Glaring errors and fortunate not to concede? Hyperbole much? We play out from the back and all of our players will, at times, misplace a pass. No player has a 100% pass completion rate. If you compare Woolf to others both in our side and in sides we've played against, he doesn't give the ball away much at all but he seems to get hammered for it by some of our 'fans' on the rare occasions when it does happen.

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:39 - Dec 10 with 1521 viewspointofblue

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:10 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Glaring errors and fortunate not to concede? Hyperbole much? We play out from the back and all of our players will, at times, misplace a pass. No player has a 100% pass completion rate. If you compare Woolf to others both in our side and in sides we've played against, he doesn't give the ball away much at all but he seems to get hammered for it by some of our 'fans' on the rare occasions when it does happen.

In fairness, I guess that's the risk of playing out from the back - if the defender's misplace a pass it puts us under pressure. But with Woolfenden at times it does seem... unnecessary... more than most. I do think it's a concentration issue; as I said, they seem to happen when he's either under little pressure, or doesn't think he's under pressure.

He's been great this season. They all have. But I can understand why some people may get nervous about him. And maybe it is unfair - the nervousness isn't present with Burgess, for example, but then more is expected of Woolfenden week in, week out in terms of the attacking game.

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:59 - Dec 10 with 1455 viewsHerbivore

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:39 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

In fairness, I guess that's the risk of playing out from the back - if the defender's misplace a pass it puts us under pressure. But with Woolfenden at times it does seem... unnecessary... more than most. I do think it's a concentration issue; as I said, they seem to happen when he's either under little pressure, or doesn't think he's under pressure.

He's been great this season. They all have. But I can understand why some people may get nervous about him. And maybe it is unfair - the nervousness isn't present with Burgess, for example, but then more is expected of Woolfenden week in, week out in terms of the attacking game.

Burgess is more prone to misplacing passes than Woolfenden (Woolf's pass completion is around 86%, Burgess around 82%), so I'd say yes, it's unfair. Feels like some of the criticism of him is very lazy and down to him acknowledging he's quite a laid-back person, people seem to then assume he's not focused which is just nonsense. I feel like Woolf gets held to ridiculous standards by some and personally I don't feel remotely nervous watching him, it's a pleasure watching a player develop and step up the way he has. He's quality.

With Woolfy starting today... on 18:01 - Dec 10 with 1447 viewspointofblue

With Woolfy starting today... on 17:59 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Burgess is more prone to misplacing passes than Woolfenden (Woolf's pass completion is around 86%, Burgess around 82%), so I'd say yes, it's unfair. Feels like some of the criticism of him is very lazy and down to him acknowledging he's quite a laid-back person, people seem to then assume he's not focused which is just nonsense. I feel like Woolf gets held to ridiculous standards by some and personally I don't feel remotely nervous watching him, it's a pleasure watching a player develop and step up the way he has. He's quality.

I think it may be down to potential. I think Woolfenden has the potential to take the Adam Webster route and become a Premier League regular; he has that ability. I'm not sure, as well as he's played, if I would say the same about Burgess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024