Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) 16:56 - Dec 1 with 3769 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/01/ticket-details---leeds-united--a-/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:06 - Dec 1 with 2740 views_clive_baker_

Yeah no thanks.

Merry Christmas to you too Leeds.
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:07 - Dec 1 with 2728 viewsIllinoisblue

Twenty is plenty…. Kinell, 47 quid

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:09 - Dec 1 with 2715 viewsbluelagos

Cniuts

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:10 - Dec 1 with 2712 viewsStevieH

I don’t know how it works but some clubs reached a reciprocal price agreement with Leeds. Boro fans are being charged £29 to go to Elland Rd.
No such agreement was made with Ipswich. Maybe ITFC didn’t want to charge less than £34?

I’m not sure how it works TBH

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/november/07/ticket-info-for-leeds-united-away/
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 17:12]
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:14 - Dec 1 with 2688 viewsSitfcB

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:10 - Dec 1 by StevieH

I don’t know how it works but some clubs reached a reciprocal price agreement with Leeds. Boro fans are being charged £29 to go to Elland Rd.
No such agreement was made with Ipswich. Maybe ITFC didn’t want to charge less than £34?

Yeah we didn’t do a deal with them, poor from the club imo.

Thought the club may have subsidised the tickets but no. Cheaper coach travel instead… 🙃🙃🙃

COYB

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:17 - Dec 1 with 2647 viewsbluelagos

That's my understanding. The club (Towen) chose not to enter an arrangement so we got fcked.

Tbf - think that's why the club has subsidised the coach travel for the match - albeit with a 5.30 am start.

If ever there was a game for the fans to stand united and boycott (over pricing) this is it.

Won't happen of course - cos that would require our fan base to organise and act for a common cause...but there's points to collect.

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:17 - Dec 1 with 2647 viewsStevieH

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:14 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

Thought the club may have subsidised the tickets but no. Cheaper coach travel instead… 🙃🙃🙃

I guess if we agreed £29 with them , for example , then all Cobbold Stand tickets for Leeds at home would have needed to be reduced.

Leeds probably looking after their own fans a bit with this, who travel in huge numbers but probably face Cat A prices everywhere they go
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:19 - Dec 1 with 2630 viewsbluelagos

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:17 - Dec 1 by StevieH

I guess if we agreed £29 with them , for example , then all Cobbold Stand tickets for Leeds at home would have needed to be reduced.

Leeds probably looking after their own fans a bit with this, who travel in huge numbers but probably face Cat A prices everywhere they go

How does them charging us £47 help their fans?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:20 - Dec 1 with 2626 views_clive_baker_

Cat A prices, everywhere they gooooo
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:26 - Dec 1 with 2601 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:14 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/should-not-be

Coventry took issue with the reciprocal agreement (and rejected it) because Leeds wouldn't negotiate on price and thus Leeds fans would pay less than Coventry fans at Coventry's ground. Not sure if ITFC did the same for that reason but I do agree that Leeds shouldn't dictate our prices - their agreement seems to be "subsidise Leeds United fans at your ground, or we'll rip your fans off at Elland Road".
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:26 - Dec 1 with 2595 viewsStevieH

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:19 - Dec 1 by bluelagos

How does them charging us £47 help their fans?

It doesn’t. I’m guessing because that high price would motivate some clubs (eg Boro) to reach an agreement so that their fans don’t get screwed by Leeds and also ensures a reduced price for the Leeds fans when they go to Boro.

They’re kind of saying, ‘if you don’t reduce prices for our fans then we’re charging your fans £47,’ which would be motivation to reach an agreement. It’s a bit bully boy from them

That’s how I see it anyway. Might be wrong
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 17:30]
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:34 - Dec 1 with 2540 viewsSitfcB

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:17 - Dec 1 by bluelagos

That's my understanding. The club (Towen) chose not to enter an arrangement so we got fcked.

Tbf - think that's why the club has subsidised the coach travel for the match - albeit with a 5.30 am start.

If ever there was a game for the fans to stand united and boycott (over pricing) this is it.

Won't happen of course - cos that would require our fan base to organise and act for a common cause...but there's points to collect.

The cheaper coach travel doesn’t help people going in cars/train though :(

Means the hotel was cheaper than the match ticket - £40

Seriously considering just going up there and watching on the TV going to cost £120 in match tickets

COYB

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:46 - Dec 1 with 2487 viewsbluelagos

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:34 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

The cheaper coach travel doesn’t help people going in cars/train though :(

Means the hotel was cheaper than the match ticket - £40

Seriously considering just going up there and watching on the TV going to cost £120 in match tickets

We're being taken for mugs. I won't pay that - but you know what - plenty will.

That's their choice - but unless people make a stand then they'll keep on taking us for mugs. Cos they can.

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 2270 viewsbrazil1982

Why anyone would pay this us beyond me.
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:40 - Dec 1 with 2244 viewsParisBlue

That's me out, especially for a 12:30 kick off.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:40 - Dec 1 with 2240 viewsstrikalite

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:26 - Dec 1 by StevieH

It doesn’t. I’m guessing because that high price would motivate some clubs (eg Boro) to reach an agreement so that their fans don’t get screwed by Leeds and also ensures a reduced price for the Leeds fans when they go to Boro.

They’re kind of saying, ‘if you don’t reduce prices for our fans then we’re charging your fans £47,’ which would be motivation to reach an agreement. It’s a bit bully boy from them

That’s how I see it anyway. Might be wrong
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 17:30]

So have Leeds only just now announced this price of £47? Because ok we didn't drop our price for them to £29 but they still got tickets for £34, if they have just announced this then next season(when we play them in the Prem)we'll charge them £47, or £57 just because we can and to make a point..
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:56 - Dec 1 with 2179 viewsStevieH

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:40 - Dec 1 by strikalite

So have Leeds only just now announced this price of £47? Because ok we didn't drop our price for them to £29 but they still got tickets for £34, if they have just announced this then next season(when we play them in the Prem)we'll charge them £47, or £57 just because we can and to make a point..

They agreed £20 reciprocal with Hudds

From reading this article I think the £47 would have been known in advance

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-and-hud
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 20:58]
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:03 - Dec 1 with 2061 viewslizzibee

This was raised at the fans forum and answered. Not to do with the club not wanting to, but if they did they would have to reduce the tickets in a similar position which would mean most of that stand and financially that's a non-runner. Its where the away fans are positioned in the ground which makes us different to many other clubs
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:04 - Dec 1 with 2054 viewslizzibee

This
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:04 - Dec 1 with 2052 viewsstrikalite

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:56 - Dec 1 by StevieH

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-and-hud

Then that is disgusting, it's because their most expensive home ticket is that price no doubt.
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:05 - Dec 1 with 2047 viewslizzibee

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 17:06 - Dec 1 by _clive_baker_

Yeah no thanks.

Merry Christmas to you too Leeds.

I was going to boycott this but I used to live in Leeds and have been looking forward to this, so frustratingly paying these extortionate prices
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:09 - Dec 1 with 1981 viewsandytown

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:40 - Dec 1 by strikalite

If we and they are in the prem next season, I don’t think we or they can charge more than £30. That’s my understanding anyway.
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 22:12 - Dec 1 with 1974 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

You can buy a house for that up there…they can farke off!
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 23:47 - Dec 1 with 1851 viewsyorkshireblue

Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 20:56 - Dec 1 by StevieH

Their reciprocal pricing was announced at the start of the season - it’s been known publicly our tickets were £47 since the day their tickets for the game at Portman Road went on sale…. Their website stated as much in a news article.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/ticketing/31779/tickets-ipswich-town-a
Leeds ticket info… (£47!) on 06:24 - Dec 2 with 1759 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

£47 for myself + £22 for my 13 year old son; over £70 including booking fees.

Plus train travel of over £150 and it's a 1230 HRS kickoff...

Some food, (non-alcoholic) drinks and travel from the station to the ground - this game is going to cost around £250!

Clearly the alternative is to watch at home from the comfort of my sofa - I have a couple of days to decide...

Whilst I acknowledge attending this game is a personal choice, that is quite a hefty price tag!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024