Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. 19:47 - Nov 25 with 2295 viewsRyorry

Don’t know if it was the break, but our back line today sometimes looked like they had never met before!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 19:51 - Nov 25 with 2252 viewsSarge

Agreed, to be honest it’s been like that for some time. We usually concede at least two even when we win, and for a number of away games we managed to keep clean sheets in narrow wins but that seems to have gone now.

Been a number of performances recently that haven’t hit the extremely high standard we’ve set ourselves but I can’t think of any positives to take from this one at all.
It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 23:43 - Nov 25 with 2084 viewsFrimleyBlue

Individual complacency

Davis involved in potentially 3/4 early goals that we've conceded recently

Burgess today had 0 idea on how to push up to the a player who dropped deep to get the ball. Time and time again the player just span away from him.. yet you saw when hirst tried it.. brom easily handled him. Potentially hirsts poorest game in a town shirt today but I put that more down to the cb knowing how to handle him.

Also felt sorry for Wolfenden. There were times williams for reasons unknown was in the center of midfield and wolfys then having to cover cb and rb whilst burns was hugging the touchline in attack mode.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 07:58 - Nov 26 with 1909 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think McKenna will lose patience with them. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Axel and Fridge start on Wednesday.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 08:16 - Nov 26 with 1864 viewsHerbivore

The goals came from Davis losing his man at a corner and a counter attack from our own corner where our CBs were well up the pitch. Conceding from corners has been very unlike us but Davis really switched off to let his man have a free header. Their second they will say was well worked but they got four on two against us far too easily. These are organisational issues rather than being about the back four as such. That said, Burgess looked a bit off the pace and I wonder if playing him after all the travelling with Australia maybe wasn't the best idea. He was sloppier in possession than usual and not as solid defensively as he generally is. Davis was also below par and he does have work to do to improve the defensive side of his game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 09:06 - Nov 26 with 1796 viewsWonky

All the training ground work didn't pay off, nervy from the whistle. Need a couple of wins with clean sheets. Automatic promotions are built around consistent good defending all season.
It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 11:56 - Nov 26 with 1731 viewsstonojnr

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 08:16 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

The goals came from Davis losing his man at a corner and a counter attack from our own corner where our CBs were well up the pitch. Conceding from corners has been very unlike us but Davis really switched off to let his man have a free header. Their second they will say was well worked but they got four on two against us far too easily. These are organisational issues rather than being about the back four as such. That said, Burgess looked a bit off the pace and I wonder if playing him after all the travelling with Australia maybe wasn't the best idea. He was sloppier in possession than usual and not as solid defensively as he generally is. Davis was also below par and he does have work to do to improve the defensive side of his game.

and the 3rd not goal ? we ignore that chance in all the write ups, because their guy completely fluffed it with an open goal to shoot at, but the defence/midfield had parted like the red sea again, you can excuse maybe getting caught on the break once chasing the game, but what was the excuse that time ?
It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 12:01 - Nov 26 with 1722 viewspointofblue

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 11:56 - Nov 26 by stonojnr

and the 3rd not goal ? we ignore that chance in all the write ups, because their guy completely fluffed it with an open goal to shoot at, but the defence/midfield had parted like the red sea again, you can excuse maybe getting caught on the break once chasing the game, but what was the excuse that time ?

I think the issue is we're so forward thinking - not a criticism - that the defence is often left too exposed. The midfield did absolutely nothing to support them yesterday. Morsy and Taylor let West Brom through the middle whilst Burns and Broadhead did very very little to support to full backs. And when the forward game isn't clicking it looks even worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 13:52 - Nov 26 with 1662 viewsHerbivore

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 11:56 - Nov 26 by stonojnr

From memory, Davis got caught high up the pitch and nobody had covered the space in behind him. Isn't a not goal just a chance? Bit of a weird way to dress it up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 14:38 - Nov 26 with 1634 viewsRyorry

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 09:06 - Nov 26 by Wonky

All the training ground work didn't pay off, nervy from the whistle. Need a couple of wins with clean sheets. Automatic promotions are built around consistent good defending all season.

Nervy and not communicatng, or communicating poorly, were the two things that stood out most for me.

I wonder if the conceding early has become a bit of a psychological 'thing' for some players - ie the more we do it, the more nervous about doing it they become, ending up with a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Do we have a sports psychologist at the club these days - anyone know?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 14:55 - Nov 26 with 1603 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 14:38 - Nov 26 by Ryorry

Nervy and not communicatng, or communicating poorly, were the two things that stood out most for me.

I wonder if the conceding early has become a bit of a psychological 'thing' for some players - ie the more we do it, the more nervous about doing it they become, ending up with a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Do we have a sports psychologist at the club these days - anyone know?

Maybe we can send them to Eileen Drewery…
It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 19:42 - Nov 26 with 1456 viewsArnieM

Never thought I’d see a post on here about our defensive frailties. I’ve been saying for some time out defence I’d not good enough. Remove our goals for in games, and the softness in our own box is there for all to see , if people are open enough to acknowledge it of course. I hope to Axel in at CB soon and I feel we will need a better quality left sided CB alongside him. Our current centre backs are simply not good enough. And that’s my honest view on this . We’ll see what McKenna does but as he has stated, this Club will not stand still ( in its pursuit of development on : off the pitch).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 19:49 - Nov 26 with 1432 viewspointofblue

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 19:42 - Nov 26 by ArnieM

Never thought I’d see a post on here about our defensive frailties. I’ve been saying for some time out defence I’d not good enough. Remove our goals for in games, and the softness in our own box is there for all to see , if people are open enough to acknowledge it of course. I hope to Axel in at CB soon and I feel we will need a better quality left sided CB alongside him. Our current centre backs are simply not good enough. And that’s my honest view on this . We’ll see what McKenna does but as he has stated, this Club will not stand still ( in its pursuit of development on : off the pitch).

If the centre backs are good enough then neither are the full backs, midfielders or strikers. Every club defends from the front and, too often, we are incapable of doing that. Neither goal yesterday really had anything to do with the centre backs. The first was the left winger and left back; the second was a break like a hot knife through butter.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 23:01 - Nov 26 with 1243 viewsFrimleyBlue

It’s our defending that’s increasingly concerning me. on 19:42 - Nov 26 by ArnieM

Arnie. Good to see you back.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024