Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich tickets 13:24 - Nov 20 with 5313 viewsDyland

Looking at the ticket website... Coventry tix priority sales were available over a month before the fixture... any reason why the sales dates for Nodge aren't on the official site yet?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Norwich tickets on 15:27 - Nov 20 with 1312 viewsVaughan8

Norwich tickets on 14:29 - Nov 20 by SitfcB

‘The Club reserves the right to monitor attendances and add additional priority levels to sales’

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/11/new-super-blues-membership-revealed/

Yeah which is fine. But I doubt they'll use the away priority points. That would be odd. Maybe a "been to x home games this season"
Norwich tickets on 15:43 - Nov 20 with 1247 viewsxrayspecs

Norwich tickets on 15:27 - Nov 20 by Vaughan8

Yeah which is fine. But I doubt they'll use the away priority points. That would be odd. Maybe a "been to x home games this season"

You could potentially apply the number of home games that non-ST members have attended to prioritise within that group, who are first in the queue for tickets.

What I do not believe you can do is completely move the goals posts and apply the number of home games this season to any non-ST holder. That would completely change the rules and would not be fair.
Norwich tickets on 16:11 - Nov 20 with 1168 viewsmattyboar

I think they might be looking at members with 10+ points first, then all non-ST members and finally ST members.

The reason for the first tier is because you get 10 points if you merely had a membership last season and this. It's all I can really see them being able to do without there being a sizeable backlash.
Norwich tickets on 16:38 - Nov 20 with 1103 viewsVegtablue

Norwich tickets on 15:43 - Nov 20 by xrayspecs

You could potentially apply the number of home games that non-ST members have attended to prioritise within that group, who are first in the queue for tickets.

What I do not believe you can do is completely move the goals posts and apply the number of home games this season to any non-ST holder. That would completely change the rules and would not be fair.

That would probably speak to us having more non-ST members than there are available seats, which would be impressive. Agree it's the logical reason for intervening, as it protects those who are using their membership to attend home games with the same regularity as ST holders, having possibly missed out on buying one in the summer.

Would they want to protect or provide greater priority to ST members who regularly purchase home tickets for others? I'm not convinced of the financial incentives for doing so and it would upset ST members who fall further down the queue (and may reconsider membership going forwards). They would be elevating a group that didn't expect to receive special attention, after all. Awarding away attendance by factoring in priority points feels even weirder and would serve to upset even more home attendees, who would again question future membership.

Re your second paragraph, do you mean non-ST holders who don't own a membership? I'll be shocked if sales get that far, based on how many have asked us if we can secure them tickets and there being 21K ST holders ahead in the queue.
Norwich tickets on 16:44 - Nov 20 with 1074 viewsVegtablue

Norwich tickets on 16:11 - Nov 20 by mattyboar

I think they might be looking at members with 10+ points first, then all non-ST members and finally ST members.

The reason for the first tier is because you get 10 points if you merely had a membership last season and this. It's all I can really see them being able to do without there being a sizeable backlash.

Members with 10+ points would include ST members who already have a ticket secured for the match, so the club would be prioritizing the unknown acquaintances of ST members over non-ST members that paid for home priority for themselves. Don't see any chance of that tbh as much as it would benefit me.
Norwich tickets on 16:59 - Nov 20 with 1037 viewsmattyboar

Norwich tickets on 16:44 - Nov 20 by Vegtablue

Members with 10+ points would include ST members who already have a ticket secured for the match, so the club would be prioritizing the unknown acquaintances of ST members over non-ST members that paid for home priority for themselves. Don't see any chance of that tbh as much as it would benefit me.

Sorry, should have written 10+ points non-ST holders. That would certainly cause an uproar!
It would still be unfair and illogical though on 17:35 - Nov 20 with 945 viewsDyland

Norwich tickets on 16:11 - Nov 20 by mattyboar

Maybe (non ST) members who have used it for the most home games works better... though not sure there's a way of tracking when the ticket was bought (well, there is but dunno if it's data available at the touch of a button re filtering members).

And before Kenners replies on 17:36 - Nov 20 with 944 viewsDyland

It would still be unfair and illogical though on 17:35 - Nov 20 by Dyland

Maybe (non ST) members who have used it for the most home games works better... though not sure there's a way of tracking when the ticket was bought (well, there is but dunno if it's data available at the touch of a button re filtering members).

Yes I agree, "filtering members" sounds a bit ominous...

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich tickets on 17:40 - Nov 20 with 939 viewsDyland

Norwich tickets on 16:38 - Nov 20 by Vegtablue

That would probably speak to us having more non-ST members than there are available seats, which would be impressive. Agree it's the logical reason for intervening, as it protects those who are using their membership to attend home games with the same regularity as ST holders, having possibly missed out on buying one in the summer.

Would they want to protect or provide greater priority to ST members who regularly purchase home tickets for others? I'm not convinced of the financial incentives for doing so and it would upset ST members who fall further down the queue (and may reconsider membership going forwards). They would be elevating a group that didn't expect to receive special attention, after all. Awarding away attendance by factoring in priority points feels even weirder and would serve to upset even more home attendees, who would again question future membership.

Re your second paragraph, do you mean non-ST holders who don't own a membership? I'll be shocked if sales get that far, based on how many have asked us if we can secure them tickets and there being 21K ST holders ahead in the queue.

"... do you mean non-ST holders who don't own a membership?"

Zero chance they will get to general sale, non?

I agree with what you write Vegtablers, especially about points holders from away games getting any additional priority. Plenty of regular home attendees who find it harder/impossible to do away days.

Norwich tickets on 17:47 - Nov 20 with 908 viewsxrayspecs

Norwich tickets on 16:38 - Nov 20 by Vegtablue

Sorry, could have been clearer.

I believe that any changes to the prioirity order would be a mistake, you should not move the goal posts mid-season. So members who are non-ST holder should have first refusal on available tickets, before ST holders, and general sale.

At the moment, all non-ST members have equal status, it is having a membership which allows then to buy tickets, rather than how many games they have attended.

With possibly around 3k non-restricted view tickets available, you could introduce a priority system within the non-ST members group, based on how many points (from away games) or home match tickets they have purchased. So those who have attended most games, get to choose from the best available seats.

I agree, this will not get to general sale.
Norwich tickets on 17:54 - Nov 20 with 880 viewsEly_Blue

They’re hardly going to need more than 4 days to sell those tickets let alone 4 weeks

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norwich tickets on 18:09 - Nov 20 with 829 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Norwich tickets on 13:58 - Nov 20 by DinDjarin

No member without a season ticket will be 20+, max they could be on is 15 if they went to every away game so far seeing they started on 5 points.

I'm a member, not a season ticket holder, and I'm on significantly more than 20 points.

To my mind, the most sensible priority basis would be to give priority to non members who have been to Portman Road most this season... which would probably count me out.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 18:12]
Norwich tickets on 18:10 - Nov 20 with 826 viewsChris_ITFC

Feels weird to read talk about "points", which are allocated for away games (this is a home game) and for buying memberships (which by definition, already apply a priority scale).*

*I do appreciate there are some technicalities, but would still be weird to prioritise on anything other than number of home games attended within the pre-agreed levels.

Regardless of all that - I would be surprised if the delay is anything to do with a Club decision. It would have been obvious for months that demand would be high, so these plans wouldn't be left until now.

More likely, I'd suggest it is something reliant on a third party - e.g. the police, the council, the opposition club, the ticket tech provider - who care little for the Club's timescales or priorities.

For example:
Do the police allow the Club to sell tickets in certain blocks near to away fans? This might involve negotiations about stewarding and policing costs (notoriously controversial).
Do the ticket tech provider have a facility to prevent opposition fans buying memberships, and therefore, tickets? This is something that happens a lot with Premier Clubs, e.g. ticket buyers for high demand/risk games must have been to 2 games last season, or bought a membership before x date.

Easy to fear the worst, but the popular theories seem unlikely.
Obviously :) on 18:10 - Nov 20 with 821 viewsDyland

Norwich tickets on 17:54 - Nov 20 by Ely_Blue

They’re hardly going to need more than 4 days to sell those tickets let alone 4 weeks

Twas not the point of the question

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024