Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
club coaches to Watford….. 20:08 - Nov 17 with 4971 viewswitchdoctor

leave P R at 2.30 pm…no chance of not making K O then..😅😅
club coaches to Watford….. on 20:19 - Nov 17 with 4350 viewsSitfcB

5 hours 15 mins to do a 1hr 40min journey…?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:22 - Nov 17 with 4341 viewsNthsuffolkblue

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:19 - Nov 17 by SitfcB

Allowing time for the walk from Gatwick?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 4346 viewswitchdoctor

yep..I called the ticket office to enquire if they had made a mistake but apparently that’s the time Galloway’s have said they wish to depart…should be able to get a few beers in before the game in that case..👍
club coaches to Watford….. on 20:28 - Nov 17 with 4330 viewsgainsboroughblue

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:24 - Nov 17 by witchdoctor

yep..I called the ticket office to enquire if they had made a mistake but apparently that’s the time Galloway’s have said they wish to depart…should be able to get a few beers in before the game in that case..👍

It's been a good 30 years since I've been on the coaches to go to an away game but on that rare occasion, you got an hour or so for a beer beforehand, it was really welcomed.

Actually, tell a white lie, went on the coach to Wolves for a midweek game as car was off the road. Think it was towards the end of the 04/05 season when we were in that three way tussle with Wigan and Sunderland. Coaches got to Wolverhampton at 6pm so I was starting to lick my lips at the prospect of a drink, only for the police to stop us getting off for another hour.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:32 - Nov 17 with 4281 viewswitchdoctor

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:28 - Nov 17 by gainsboroughblue

It's been a good 30 years since I've been on the coaches to go to an away game but on that rare occasion, you got an hour or so for a beer beforehand, it was really welcomed.

Actually, tell a white lie, went on the coach to Wolves for a midweek game as car was off the road. Think it was towards the end of the 04/05 season when we were in that three way tussle with Wigan and Sunderland. Coaches got to Wolverhampton at 6pm so I was starting to lick my lips at the prospect of a drink, only for the police to stop us getting off for another hour.

had plenty of time this season for a few beers before the Saints game.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 20:34]
club coaches to Watford….. on 20:34 - Nov 17 with 4264 viewsgainsboroughblue

club coaches to Watford….. on 20:32 - Nov 17 by witchdoctor

had plenty of time this season for a few beers before the Saints game.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 20:34]

Think we pulled into Coventry in March 1994 at something like 530pm. Several of us rushed into the Mercers Arms opposite the ground. I was a bit sh!tfaced by kick off.

club coaches to Watford….. on 21:11 - Nov 17 with 4062 viewsSitfcB

I suppose they’re planning a stop!

Think they have been leaving off a little late as well, so may be allowing time for that.

COYB

club coaches to Watford….. on 21:21 - Nov 17 with 4004 viewsstonojnr

National express take nearly 4hrs to get to London from Ipswich, Galloway used to, dont know if they still are or not, be the National Express operator.
Login to get fewer ads

club coaches to Watford….. on 22:03 - Nov 17 with 3862 viewsSitfcB

club coaches to Watford….. on 21:21 - Nov 17 by stonojnr

National express take nearly 4hrs to get to London from Ipswich, Galloway used to, dont know if they still are or not, be the National Express operator.

National Express stop off everywhere on the way though

COYB

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:18 - Nov 18 with 3500 viewsrunaround

Will be first time this season I’ve used the coach and can’t believe how early we’re leaving.
Also I’m on coach 4 and it seems they only have assigned seats on coaches 1-3 so I’m guessing it’s a free for all like it used to be until a couple of years ago?🤔😂
club coaches to Watford….. on 08:35 - Nov 18 with 3473 viewsLRB84UK

They left 9 hours before kick off for Sunderland then made us have 2 stops the first one ended up being nearly an hour and a half! Rumour has it the Leeds game they are leaving at 4.30! They seem to be doubling the journey time at the moment and really pushing for extended breaks. Coming back from Sunderland we stopped for 45 minutes at services that were only an hour from the ground because of the drivers hours. But the drivers had been on a break for the whole of the game surely. I use the coaches as cannot drive but they are really taking the mick this season.
club coaches to Watford….. on 08:39 - Nov 18 with 3458 viewsbluelagos

Used them a couple of times and the early departures and late arrivals are a proper pain.

Southampton and Bristol both meant getting to Portman Rd around 3am.

Train should be doable for Watford?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:52 - Nov 18 with 3420 viewsbluejacko

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:35 - Nov 18 by LRB84UK

They left 9 hours before kick off for Sunderland then made us have 2 stops the first one ended up being nearly an hour and a half! Rumour has it the Leeds game they are leaving at 4.30! They seem to be doubling the journey time at the moment and really pushing for extended breaks. Coming back from Sunderland we stopped for 45 minutes at services that were only an hour from the ground because of the drivers hours. But the drivers had been on a break for the whole of the game surely. I use the coaches as cannot drive but they are really taking the mick this season.

Used them on a game to Blackburn,two drivers on the coach and they still stopped foe a 45 min break! When I asked why they quoted drivers hours when I pointed out that’s why you have two drivers, one driving one on rest/ other work so he can still drive in the same hours as the first driver they got the hump🙄
club coaches to Watford….. on 09:18 - Nov 18 with 3353 viewsLRB84UK

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:52 - Nov 18 by bluejacko

Used them on a game to Blackburn,two drivers on the coach and they still stopped foe a 45 min break! When I asked why they quoted drivers hours when I pointed out that’s why you have two drivers, one driving one on rest/ other work so he can still drive in the same hours as the first driver they got the hump🙄

I'm happy with a 45 minute stop on the way to a game, espically if it's a decent distance but not on the way home! You just want to get back.
club coaches to Watford….. on 10:37 - Nov 18 with 3218 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sod that. Sounds dreadful.

Watford is surely doable on the train comfortably
club coaches to Watford….. on 10:48 - Nov 18 with 3184 viewstrncbluearmy

This must be quite a profitable contract given our away support numbers

Complaint to the club me thinks

Try Liz Edwards supporter liason

SLO@itfc.co.uk
club coaches to Watford….. on 10:51 - Nov 18 with 3170 viewslizzibee

They are leaving at 6am for the Boro game!
last year we left so early for Bolton we had to make a second service station stop and still got to the ground two hours early
Then on the other hand only just made Barnsley
club coaches to Watford….. on 11:17 - Nov 18 with 3090 viewsbrogansnose

club coaches to Watford….. on 10:51 - Nov 18 by lizzibee

They are leaving at 6am for the Boro game!
last year we left so early for Bolton we had to make a second service station stop and still got to the ground two hours early
Then on the other hand only just made Barnsley

Took the coach to the re-scheduled Rotherham match which picked us up just before 2 pm and we got to the ground at about 7 as the traffic as dreadful so, the early pick up was good.
club coaches to Watford….. on 11:28 - Nov 18 with 3065 viewswitchdoctor

club coaches to Watford….. on 21:11 - Nov 17 by SitfcB

I suppose they’re planning a stop!

Think they have been leaving off a little late as well, so may be allowing time for that.

I’d have thought they deffo will have a stop..the reason why I queried the timings are for the West Brom game which is a lot further away the coaches aren’t leaving until 11.00…
club coaches to Watford….. on 12:47 - Nov 18 with 2944 viewsgainsboroughblue

Is Grantham services still the routine stop on the A1?

club coaches to Watford….. on 12:59 - Nov 18 with 2894 viewswitchdoctor

club coaches to Watford….. on 12:47 - Nov 18 by gainsboroughblue

stopped at Peterborough for the Huddersfield game….
club coaches to Watford….. on 15:55 - Nov 18 with 2702 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That would explain why they need so long to get to Watford!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

club coaches to Watford….. on 22:23 - Nov 18 with 2402 viewsSitfcB

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:39 - Nov 18 by bluelagos

Used them a couple of times and the early departures and late arrivals are a proper pain.

Southampton and Bristol both meant getting to Portman Rd around 3am.

Train should be doable for Watford?

Yeah we’re doing the train, hoping to make the 11:30 from Liv St with plenty of time to spare…

COYB

club coaches to Watford….. on 11:55 - Nov 19 with 2103 viewsITFC_Forever

club coaches to Watford….. on 08:18 - Nov 18 by runaround

Will be first time this season I’ve used the coach and can’t believe how early we’re leaving.
Also I’m on coach 4 and it seems they only have assigned seats on coaches 1-3 so I’m guessing it’s a free for all like it used to be until a couple of years ago?🤔😂

I asked this question last season for the only time we went by coach to Barnsley.

The first three coaches are allocated seats, if you’re in coach four onwards, your allocated the coach, but it’s a free-for-all for your seat.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

club coaches to Watford….. on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 2018 viewsKieran_Knows

You could be going to Galatasaray away in the Champions League, and they’d still find a reason to stop at Grantham.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024