Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The White Horse 17:45 - Nov 9 with 1853 viewscatch74

I’m not in Suffolk enough but when I’ve been to Ipswich lately the White Horse seems to be in a very weird condition. Anyone know what’s going on there. Haven’t read the attached yet, so maybe some info there.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The White Horse on 18:34 - Nov 9 with 1728 viewsbazza

Sky news have done a bit about the white horse as well.. the Beatles lord nelson and obviously dickens, who I believe said it was a bit of a shiittee hole, all stayed there.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 18:36]
The White Horse on 18:50 - Nov 9 with 1667 viewsDubtractor

The White Horse on 18:34 - Nov 9 by bazza

Sky news have done a bit about the white horse as well.. the Beatles lord nelson and obviously dickens, who I believe said it was a bit of a shiittee hole, all stayed there.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 18:36]

Also, and surely of more note, I DJ'd there 2 or 3 times in about 2002.

One night in particular the promoter had split the flyer (one side each) for the night with a grow shop in Ipswich, the EADT somehow confected an outrage that the White Horse was associating with drug growing, and had a front page story about it.

We were feeling pretty confident that we'd get a good crowd with that sort of coverage, but alas it was just the usual 30 or so who turned up, and the White Horse decided that they weren't too keen on hosting us anymore!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The White Horse on 18:59 - Nov 9 with 1636 viewsEdwardStone

For a heart-stopping moment I thought you were referring to the White Horse in Edwardstone.

Thank Goodness you're not
The White Horse on 19:02 - Nov 9 with 1619 viewsBrianTablet

Maybe a local football team could support it. Perhaps one with a connection to the club crest. There may even be a musician with links to said club who might help?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

The White Horse on 19:21 - Nov 9 with 1548 viewsandytown

They just had a bit on look east about it. It’s been bought by a businessman with the idea to do it up . It’s looking v unloved at the moment: leaking roof, damp.
The White Horse on 19:30 - Nov 9 with 1500 viewsBluespeed225

The White Horse on 18:50 - Nov 9 by Dubtractor

One night in particular the promoter had split the flyer (one side each) for the night with a grow shop in Ipswich, the EADT somehow confected an outrage that the White Horse was associating with drug growing, and had a front page story about it.

We were feeling pretty confident that we'd get a good crowd with that sort of coverage, but alas it was just the usual 30 or so who turned up, and the White Horse decided that they weren't too keen on hosting us anymore!

The main room was one of several venues the Town had for independent club nights. the Caribbean, The Attic, The Venue, even upstairs at the Hogs Head . Was a vibrant time in 90’s up to about 2010.
The White Horse on 19:54 - Nov 9 with 1429 viewsbazza

The White Horse on 18:50 - Nov 9 by Dubtractor

Had some cracking nights in there back in the day, such a shame someone hasn’t reopened it as a bar and pumped some money into the place.. it’s worked in places like the botanist, or arcade tavern.. maybe when we are back in the prem next season ..
The White Horse on 21:14 - Nov 9 with 1265 viewsmonkeymagic

The White Horse on 19:54 - Nov 9 by bazza

Had some cracking nights in there back in the day, such a shame someone hasn’t reopened it as a bar and pumped some money into the place.. it’s worked in places like the botanist, or arcade tavern.. maybe when we are back in the prem next season ..

Likewise, had some great nights in there and really enjoyed rubbing shoulders with many of the Town players post game on a Saturday. Seem to recall than Bam Bam was ‘quite lively’.
Login to get fewer ads

The White Horse on 21:23 - Nov 9 with 1250 viewsEdwardF

The White Horse on 18:59 - Nov 9 by EdwardStone

For a heart-stopping moment I thought you were referring to the White Horse in Edwardstone.

Thank Goodness you're not

A fav of mine - even played a gig there some years ago

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

The White Horse on 08:22 - Nov 10 with 1005 viewsEdwardStone

The White Horse on 21:23 - Nov 9 by EdwardF

A fav of mine - even played a gig there some years ago

It's a favourite haunt when I am back East.... for a small pub in a quiet village it has excellent gigs and events going on.

When I was a kid, I lived next door.... moved away long before I got a taste for Abbot Ale and partying
The White Horse on 08:45 - Nov 10 with 963 viewssolemio

You are all very disrespectful. It should always be the Great White Horse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024