Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney, the manager. 19:33 - Nov 4 with 1417 viewsRKD

Dark horse who showed his potential doing a difficult job with Derby, or big Scouse circus with no brains?

Discuss.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Rooney, the manager. on 19:43 - Nov 4 with 1351 viewsIllinoisblue

Digging out his players in public after games is a bold move. Not sure that’s ever a good sign. Thought he did well at Derby, but going to MLS always seemed like a waste of time. Wonder if he’ll be there long enough to see Brum finally finish their ugly stands.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rooney, the manager. on 19:45 - Nov 4 with 1326 viewsDavoIPB

Tactically seems to outdo us first half. Then didn't have a clue second half. Our SUVs were more strategic and better than theirs
Rooney, the manager. on 19:55 - Nov 4 with 1279 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think he had a difficult job at Derby but I just don't see him as having what it takes to be a successful manager.

I would rank his chances as better than Keane's or Lampard's (and I recognise Keane did have success while working with Sbragia) but I think it would take a very good number two for him to succeed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rooney, the manager. on 19:56 - Nov 4 with 1276 viewsTangledupin_Blue

A man with the skillset to be a very good footballer.

Football management requires a different set of skills, some overlapping with those of footballer, but others quite separate. I suspect that he does not possess all of the skills required to be a good manager.

See also:
Bobby Charlton
Ruud Gullit
Mick Mills
Pele
Frank Lampard
Bobby Moore
Diego Maradona
Stephen Gerrard
Etc
Etc...etc

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Rooney, the manager. on 20:05 - Nov 4 with 1225 viewsjayessess

I think he's got to be odds against to succeed, really. Think of late, we've seen a fair few elite players have good-ish stints, but often built on a mixture of good backroom staff and borrowing players too good for the level.

In practice I think it's very hard to build up enough knowledge to be an elite manager these days if your playing career goes deep into your 30s and you go straight into the main hotseat.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rooney, the manager. on 20:23 - Nov 4 with 1168 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Just a fat granny shagger

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Rooney, the manager. on 20:25 - Nov 4 with 1156 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Rooney, the manager. on 19:43 - Nov 4 by Illinoisblue

Digging out his players in public after games is a bold move. Not sure that’s ever a good sign. Thought he did well at Derby, but going to MLS always seemed like a waste of time. Wonder if he’ll be there long enough to see Brum finally finish their ugly stands.

A lot of talk of their players downing tools after the previous popular manager was replaced, so I don’t think all is well with that dressing room. I expect Rooney will clear a few out if he’s there that long.
Rooney, the manager. on 20:39 - Nov 4 with 1076 viewsRKD

Thanks all. In conclusion, most likely a big scouse circus. Potentially has it in him to prove us wrong, but it’s getting harder and harder to see it happening.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

Rooney, the manager. on 20:41 - Nov 4 with 1052 viewsChurchman

His fame and skills as a footballer might have got him the job but in the management game, it’s not necessarily helpful. He may make a manager, he may not. He’s not shown anything yet. He’s bound to have much to learn management and coaching wise.

I’ve nothing against the bloke. Don’t know him, don’t wish to. Don’t like Birmingham City much but really don’t care. Their choice, they’re jeopardy.
Rooney, the manager. on 20:59 - Nov 4 with 1003 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well they were 6th when they sacked Eustace and are 22nd in the form table since Rooney joined. Make of that what you will.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024