Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 266207 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 11:27 - Apr 5 with 1737 viewsnoggin

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 11:14 - Apr 5 by Whos_blue

"Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s office says it will allow “temporary” aid deliveries via a crossing in the northern Gaza Strip “to ensure the continuation of the fighting and to achieve the goals of the war”.'"

That's nice of him.

He's all heart.

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 15:19 - Apr 5 with 1636 viewsphillymark

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 11:27 - Apr 5 by noggin

He's all heart.

Will Hamas release any hostages? 1? 3?
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 15:48 - Apr 5 with 1600 viewsnoggin

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 15:19 - Apr 5 by phillymark

Definitely not while Israel continues with the genocide of Palestinians. Why aren't you asking "Will Israelies stop stealing Palestinian land?"

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 16:03 - Apr 5 with 1577 viewsChorleyBoy

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 15:48 - Apr 5 by noggin

Definitely not while Israel continues with the genocide of Palestinians. Why aren't you asking "Will Israelies stop stealing Palestinian land?"

"Why aren't you asking "Will Israelies stop stealing Palestinian land...

and kids?"
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 16:04 - Apr 5 with 1572 viewsnoggin

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 16:03 - Apr 5 by ChorleyBoy

"Why aren't you asking "Will Israelies stop stealing Palestinian land...

and kids?"

Yeah but tunnels.

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:07 - Apr 5 with 1509 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 15:19 - Apr 5 by phillymark

You still haven't responded to this posted on March 18 page 66 of this thread and yet you persist in justifying this genocide.

"Can you please explain how this is not a genocide? You've been repeatedly asked and you've repeatedly not done so.

Can you also explain why when asked about the situation in Gaza you posted a link to the 7th terrorist attacks as if you felt this was justification for the killing of 30,000 people, the destruction of any entire area and the ongoing starvation of the people still living there. Do you feel the actions of Israel are entirely justified?

SB"

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:22 - Apr 6 with 1400 viewsDJR

Interesting article from Jonathan Freedland.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/05/six-months-war-gaza-israel
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:32 - Apr 6 with 1384 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:22 - Apr 6 by DJR

Interesting article from Jonathan Freedland.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/05/six-months-war-gaza-israel

'I don’t blame the Israeli public for that. But I do blame their leaders. Even if they did nothing to address the root causes of the conflict, their job was to transcend the rage and terror of that moment, to think calmly and strategically even amid the panic. To realise in that moment that their fight was with Hamas, not the entire population of Gaza. Instead, they have sown hatred in the hearts of a new generation, and they have made lonely a country that cannot function alone.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 08:32 - Apr 7 with 1263 viewsDJR

The following, from yesterday's Haaretz, indicates the families of many of the hostages think that Netanyahu is the greatest obstacle to the release of the hostages.

Carmit Palty Katzir [sister of the hostage whose body was sadly recovered yesterday] blamed the Israeli authorities for her brother’s death, saying he would have returned alive had the authorities agreed to a new truce deal.
“Our leadership is cowardly and driven by political consideration, which is why this deal has not happened yet,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “Prime minister, war cabinet, and coalition members: look at yourself in the mirror and say if your hands didn’t spill blood.”

Adina Moshe, who was kidnapped from her home in Kibbutz Nir Oz and released in a deal with Hamas in November, spoke at a demonstration of Nir Oz evacuees in Kiryat Gat in southern Israel, and called on the government to agree to any deal for the release of the hostages.
"We can't bear it anymore. We can't move forward anywhere without them coming back to us." Following her words, she addressed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: "I want you to know that if they don't come back, their blood is on your hands. You betrayed us, a more terrible betrayal than anything in history, you will remain forever guilty."

Yael Or, the niece of hostage Dror Or, blamed the government for the fact that no deal had been signed to release the hostages so far, during a press conference in Tel Aviv.
"Netanyahu continues to torpedo the deal for the release of the hostages, and they die in captivity," Or said. Speaking of Elad Katzir, whose body was recovered from Gaza overnight, she said "He could have been saved if the deal hapepened in tine, but our leadership is cowardly ... Prime Minister, the war cabinet and the heads of the coalition, look in the mirror and see the blood is on your hands."

Einav Zangauke, whose son Matan is a hostage, said that "Netanyahu is deliberately derailing the deal," and asked ministers Benny Gantz, Gadi Eisenkot and Yoav Gallant to "Help us replace him immediately, he is standing between us and our loved ones in Gaza. Take action and replace him now."

Danny Elgert, whose brother Itzik is held hostage, said that "according to diplomatic and political sources familiar with the negotiations, Netanyahu continues to harden his position, continues to reduce the mandate of the delegation, does not put the deal at the top of the list of priorities, and continues to put sticks in the wheels of the negotiations."
He said that "Biden also sees that Netanyahu is scuttling a deal," and accused the prime minister of "selling illusions about Rafah and victory to the public, while he abandons the hostages." He added: "Netanyahu is thwarting the deal, and therefore we continue to work for his immediate removal."

Yifat Kalderon, the cousin of Ofer who is still a hostage, said that "the campaign of incitement against the families of the hostages is taking another step this week, alongside an orchestrated campaign that tries to legitimize opposition to the deal," adding that these campaigns will not deter the families.
"The public supports the demand to return the hostages now, and the public knows that Netanyahu is the one who is thwarting the deal."
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:22 - Apr 7 with 1214 viewspointofblue

Article from the BBC six months on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68735869

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1160 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:22 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Article from the BBC six months on:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68735869

“UN team reported in March that it had "clear and convincing information" that hostages had been subjected to sexual violence "including rape, sexualised torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment". It said there were "reasonable grounds" to believe that the violence against hostages was continuing.”

Clearly a conspiracy by the UN, I was told on here that NO hostages were alive as the IDF killed them all in ‘Operation Hannibal’. It must be true, some guy on Twitter said it…
[Post edited 7 Apr 13:55]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:55 - Apr 8 with 1041 viewsDJR

An article suggesting tens of thousands are missing in Gaza.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/08/relatives-anguish-tens-of-thousand
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:26 - Apr 8 with 985 viewsDJR

And it's been a deadly war for those journalists who are there.

https://www.icij.org/inside-icij/2024/02/over-75-of-all-journalists-killed-in-20
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 00:55 - Apr 9 with 913 viewsphillymark

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:07 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

You still haven't responded to this posted on March 18 page 66 of this thread and yet you persist in justifying this genocide.

"Can you please explain how this is not a genocide? You've been repeatedly asked and you've repeatedly not done so.

Can you also explain why when asked about the situation in Gaza you posted a link to the 7th terrorist attacks as if you felt this was justification for the killing of 30,000 people, the destruction of any entire area and the ongoing starvation of the people still living there. Do you feel the actions of Israel are entirely justified?

SB"

I can't prove a negative. When did you stop beating your wife?

It's a war.

I want two states (unlike Hamas). I want the hostages returned and the dismantling of the terror network. I want the end of missiles being showered on Israel daily (pre Oct 7)

Israel's invasion of Gaza was entirely justified and 100% expected by Hamas. I am not able to comment on individual actions within that invasion with confidence but I am sure that there are individual incidents that Israeli soldiers have done wrong - this would be true and is true in any war.

I reject the entire thread as the original question is bogus. The Israeli action is not about body count for revenge. It is about destroying Hamas and trying to prevent another 10/7. The most valid criticism of Israel (and a very serious one) is that there does not seem to be a post-war plan (see also Russia in Afghanistan, America in Iraq, America in Afghanistan). It is easier to go to war than to solve what will happen after - and that is a sad truth.
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 01:42 - Apr 9 with 896 viewsStokieBlue

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 00:55 - Apr 9 by phillymark

It's a war.

I want two states (unlike Hamas). I want the hostages returned and the dismantling of the terror network. I want the end of missiles being showered on Israel daily (pre Oct 7)

Israel's invasion of Gaza was entirely justified and 100% expected by Hamas. I am not able to comment on individual actions within that invasion with confidence but I am sure that there are individual incidents that Israeli soldiers have done wrong - this would be true and is true in any war.

I reject the entire thread as the original question is bogus. The Israeli action is not about body count for revenge. It is about destroying Hamas and trying to prevent another 10/7. The most valid criticism of Israel (and a very serious one) is that there does not seem to be a post-war plan (see also Russia in Afghanistan, America in Iraq, America in Afghanistan). It is easier to go to war than to solve what will happen after - and that is a sad truth.

A truly awful post.

You say you can't comment on individual actions yet you've continually commented on individual actions and looked to excuse them at every turn. You've made a statement it's not genocide so you must have your own definition of what that is and you're fully able to compare that to the international recognised definition and explain it to us. To claim that you can't as it's proving a negative is both disingenuous and actually insulting to other posters on the forum.

All the evidence does show it's a vengeful assault with no thought about minimising causalities, you need to counter the evidence, not just make a statement without any supporting evidence to the contrary.

You're first sentence is disgraceful. You're an apologist for the actions of the IDF, you even went at far as to argue about the definition of "proportionate" amongst other whatabouterry.

It's shameful stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 02:05 - Apr 9 with 883 viewsColumba

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 00:55 - Apr 9 by phillymark

It's a war.

Gross. What a barf worthy post. Shameful.
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 740 viewsWeWereZombies

It's a war.

Your final sentence seems, to me, to invalidate all that goes before it - but I do agree with you on that point and, by extension, the conclusion that Israel should never have gone to war.

Not that I think Israel should have done nothing after the seventh of October, but it should have been a policing action and not a military one. Nation building, not nation destroying.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 11:14 - Apr 9 with 717 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's a war.

Thank you for finally taking notice to post something in response to the question asked. However, you have not answered the question of why you are excusing the genocide.

You make a few random and mostly irrelevant comments. However, the questions asked by Stokie were specifically:

"Can you please explain how this is not a genocide? You've been repeatedly asked and you've repeatedly not done so. To compare this to me explaining when I stopped beating my wife is just odd. If you know my wife why don't you ask her? She will think it a very odd question as I have never been accused of beating her and she will tell you that I have never done so. How does that compare to the genocide that Israel is perpetrating and you are supporting, excusing and repeatedly attempting to justify?

Can you also explain why when asked about the situation in Gaza you posted a link to the 7th terrorist attacks as if you felt this was justification for the killing of 30,000 people, the destruction of any entire area and the ongoing starvation of the people still living there. Do you feel the actions of Israel are entirely justified? You haven't actually answered the final question here either, although you seem to think that "rejecting the entire thread as the original question is bogus" seems to be some reply. It isn't. If you reject the thread, why bother replying and simply ignore it instead? If your rejection of it is over your justification of the genocide, why not answer the first question? "The most valid criticism of Israel (and a very serious one) is that there does not seem to be a post-war plan" NO! THE CRITICISM OF ISRAEL IS THE GENOCIDE IT IS CARRYING OUT NOW NOT WHAT THEY WILL DO WITH THE RAISED GROUND AFTERWARDS NOR EVEN THE BACKLASH FROM OTHER ARAB STATES.

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 14:28 - Apr 9 with 648 viewsDJR

It's a war.

I don't think it is true to say the original question is bogus, because proportionality is a fundamental aspect of international law.

https://www.icrc.org/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/war-and-law/04_proportionality-
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:31 - Apr 9 with 595 viewsphillymark

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 01:42 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

A truly awful post.

You say you can't comment on individual actions yet you've continually commented on individual actions and looked to excuse them at every turn. You've made a statement it's not genocide so you must have your own definition of what that is and you're fully able to compare that to the international recognised definition and explain it to us. To claim that you can't as it's proving a negative is both disingenuous and actually insulting to other posters on the forum.

All the evidence does show it's a vengeful assault with no thought about minimising causalities, you need to counter the evidence, not just make a statement without any supporting evidence to the contrary.

You're first sentence is disgraceful. You're an apologist for the actions of the IDF, you even went at far as to argue about the definition of "proportionate" amongst other whatabouterry.

It's shameful stuff.

SB

"You say you can't comment on individual actions yet you've continually commented on individual actions and looked to excuse them at every turn"
Show me where I've done that. Should be easy since I've done it "continually"

"All the evidence does show it's a vengeful assault with no thought about minimising causalities". Nope. Why hasn't Israel carpet bombed then?

What is the definition of "proportionate"? I would love to know. Was Britain "proportionate" in Germany in 1939-45? Was 10/7 "proportionate"? The word gets thrown around so much, just asking for a definition. Shouldn't be hard.

Do you want 2 states? Or Israel wiped out?
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:34 - Apr 9 with 586 viewsnoggin

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:31 - Apr 9 by phillymark

"You say you can't comment on individual actions yet you've continually commented on individual actions and looked to excuse them at every turn"

"All the evidence does show it's a vengeful assault with no thought about minimising causalities". Nope. Why hasn't Israel carpet bombed then?

What is the definition of "proportionate"? I would love to know. Was Britain "proportionate" in Germany in 1939-45? Was 10/7 "proportionate"? The word gets thrown around so much, just asking for a definition. Shouldn't be hard.

"Was Britain "proportionate" in Germany in 1939-45? "

Wasn't that a large part of the reason that The Geneva Convention was set up? Also Whataboutery isn't a valid excuse, is it?

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 18:17 - Apr 9 with 548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's a war.

I think she might be talking to you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 18:22 - Apr 9 with 535 viewsnoggin

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 18:17 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think she might be talking to you.

Very powerful

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:22 - Apr 9 with 535 viewsDJR

Israel has said 419 trucks – the highest since the war on the besieged coastal enclave began – entered on Monday, but the Red Crescent and United Nations gave much lower figures, with the latter saying many vehicles were only half full because of Israeli inspection rules.

Red Crescent officials in Egypt said 350 trucks had crossed from there into Gaza on Monday while UNRWA said 223 trucks had entered, fewer than half the 500 trucks it says are required daily.

UN agency OCHA spokesperson Jens Laerke also pointed to severe restrictions on delivery of aid inside Gaza itself last month saying Israel had denied permission for half the convoys it tried sending to the north in March, with UN aid convoys three times more likely to be refused than any other.

Israel said it would open the closed Beit Hanoon (Erez) crossing point into northern Gaza from Israel for aid supplies, but none of the trucks that entered on Monday went through that.
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:31 - Apr 9 by phillymark

You seem to think the choice is between Israel perpetrating genocide until Palestine no exists or Israel being "wiped out".

It clearly isn't. This genocide is not preventing the "wiping out" of Israel which simply isn't happening. The false justification of genocide in defence of Israel's existence is no justification at all.

"Why hasn't Israel carpet bombed then?" is no excuse. If I went and stabbed someone repeatedly and left them bleeding to death I couldn't say as a defence "I clearly didn't mean to kill them because I would have shot them if I had!" Israel is preventing cutting off the supply of food, water and medicine. It is genocide.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024