Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 266485 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:46 - Apr 19 with 1139 viewsBlueschev

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:10 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

Think you're most likely wrong about the economic decision bit.

Pretty sure it's much more publicly spirited than that - the regulars often want to talk abut difficult things, so Phil goes along with it even though it probably causes him a disproportionate amount of work compared to the clicks it brings. There's a whole wide site to generate clicks other than a few fractious debate threads.

I'd agree, when these quite emotive threads regress in to tit-for-tat arguments it probably leads to less traffic, as it puts off everyone else bar those involved.
[Post edited 19 Apr 15:54]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:58 - Apr 19 with 1107 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:53 - Apr 19 by StokieBlue

I didn't see the post in question, however they did shoot 3 of the hostages who were carrying white flags and had stripped off to show they didn't have explosives.

A very deliberate act of shooting unarmed non-combatants regardless of whether they were hostages or civilians.

SB

I'm aware of that tragic incident, but I think that's quite different from claiming there's a deliberate aim of killing hostages, presumably as a false flag operation.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:04 - Apr 19 with 1091 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:59 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

He's playing with fire for sure and he has my deepest sympathy but at the end of the day it's almost certainly an economic decision.

Utter and offensive nonsense. Makes little or no odds financially. Lengthy threads on here bring in very little by themselves. We've always had a laissez-faire attitude towards what's posted on here, it's always been a forum for Ipswich Town fans rather than an Ipswich Town forum.

I do feel, however, sometimes a handful of users over-post on some political issues, leading to them dominating the board and putting off other posters. I also feel that those with personal interests in particular topics would probably steer clear if they were planning to use the forum for an escape from those issues.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:06 - Apr 19 with 1086 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:02 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

I beg to differ Phil. There are images of tanks firing on houses in Kibbutz Kfar Aza. There is also footage of helicopter gunships firing on cars leaving the music concert. There are also reports from Israeli civilians and former IDF members stating that this happened. The problem seems to be that these images are broadcasted on pro-Palestinian websites but that doesn't take away the fact that these events happened, only that these events have not been reported on our own Israel-supporting media.

If I have missed the point, please tell be how I have broken your site's T&Cs and I'll moderate my posting accordingly in future.

The inference was that there is a deliberate policy of killing hostages, which I don't believe there's any evidence of.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:08 - Apr 19 with 1081 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:10 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

Think you're most likely wrong about the economic decision bit.

Pretty sure it's much more publicly spirited than that - the regulars often want to talk abut difficult things, so Phil goes along with it even though it probably causes him a disproportionate amount of work compared to the clicks it brings. There's a whole wide site to generate clicks other than a few fractious debate threads.

Indeed, I didn't bring my time into the equation. These sorts of threads cause me to spend far more time on PM complaints, abuse reports etc than anything else.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:40 - Apr 19 with 1008 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:08 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I didn't bring my time into the equation. These sorts of threads cause me to spend far more time on PM complaints, abuse reports etc than anything else.

You do a great job, Phil.

For my own part, this thread has since Christmas tended to be much less fractious than before, but sadly it does on occasions (like to day) flare up and almost take on a life of its own, at which point I tend to switch off. But it has to be pointed out that this also happens on other threads, even purely football ones.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:51 - Apr 19 with 973 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:40 - Apr 19 by DJR

You do a great job, Phil.

For my own part, this thread has since Christmas tended to be much less fractious than before, but sadly it does on occasions (like to day) flare up and almost take on a life of its own, at which point I tend to switch off. But it has to be pointed out that this also happens on other threads, even purely football ones.

Thanks, it is appreciated.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:59 - Apr 19 with 959 viewsDJR

Interesting polling.

A new poll suggests that Israeli PM Netanyahu is now trailing his main opponent in popularity by a much smaller margin compared with three months ago.

The poll, carried out by Maariv and published by the Lazar Institute, found that 42 percent of respondents would prefer Gantz as Israel’s PM, while 37 percent still support Netanyahu.

While still trailing Gantz, the poll marks an upward trend for Netanyahu, who has drawn widespread public criticism for failing to secure the release of Israeli captives still in Gaza. In a January poll conducted by Channel 12, only 29 percent of respondents said Netanyahu was best suited to be PM.
Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:18 - Apr 19 with 931 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:04 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Utter and offensive nonsense. Makes little or no odds financially. Lengthy threads on here bring in very little by themselves. We've always had a laissez-faire attitude towards what's posted on here, it's always been a forum for Ipswich Town fans rather than an Ipswich Town forum.

I do feel, however, sometimes a handful of users over-post on some political issues, leading to them dominating the board and putting off other posters. I also feel that those with personal interests in particular topics would probably steer clear if they were planning to use the forum for an escape from those issues.

Then I apologise. I thought most forums were financed by advertising and page visits. I assumed that advertising revenue was proportional to page visits and therefore it made sense to have as big a number of topics as possible to visit but also factoring in the headaches you get as a result of having to referee arguments between those who post here.

Non football threads must make up the vast majority of your headaches and I assumed (wrongly, it seems) that no one would give themselves unnecessary policing to do if it wasn't worth their while.

I certainly didn't intend to be offensive and I'm grateful that you point out the fact that your forum is set up to be a forum for Town fans rather than an Ipswich Town forum.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:32 - Apr 19 with 906 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:06 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

The inference was that there is a deliberate policy of killing hostages, which I don't believe there's any evidence of.

I believe there's sufficient evidence but because it's not shown in the media that most of us access, it's assumed that any sources presenting that evidence is pro Hamas. The automatic reaction that anything in defence of normal Palestinians is pro Hamas or even conspiratorial is very frustrating, as is the tendency to dismiss any dissident Israeli voices if the media channel that chooses to air their voices doesn't follow the Israeli government line.
Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 17:47 - Apr 19 with 858 viewsphillymark

Does this sound as bad in Hebrew as it does in English ? on 21:27 - Apr 9 by redrickstuhaart

Was Britain proportionate? Mostly, but not always.

But such a dishonest false equivalence is breathtaking. An invading nation, already occupying large parts of Europe. And we didn't occupy and starve them in response. So its not even a relevant comparison is it?

We didn't occupy or starve Germany? Read a book
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 856 viewsphillymark

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:22 - Apr 18 by StokieBlue

Yeah, but the still allowed to post philly wants to debate the semantics of "disproportionate".

SB
[Post edited 19 Apr 9:05]

Please tell me what a proportionate response looks like
[Post edited 19 Apr 17:50]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:52 - Apr 19 with 826 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:32 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

I believe there's sufficient evidence but because it's not shown in the media that most of us access, it's assumed that any sources presenting that evidence is pro Hamas. The automatic reaction that anything in defence of normal Palestinians is pro Hamas or even conspiratorial is very frustrating, as is the tendency to dismiss any dissident Israeli voices if the media channel that chooses to air their voices doesn't follow the Israeli government line.

Could I politely ask you to stop peddling conspiracy theories that invoke the blood libel trope. It’s offensive.

I don’t see much difference between the offensive nonsense you post and that which was posted in the past by the likes of CIL and Pazelle. Which is why I’m surprised you’re getting some support from a certain poster who would have been down on CIL like a ton of bricks had she posted similar.

EDIT. To clarify, I am not accusing you of bing either CIL or Pazelle. You are a poor imitation of both. I'm saying that your batsh1t conspricy theories are no different than theirs.
[Post edited 19 Apr 19:09]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:55 - Apr 19 with 820 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:48 - Apr 19 by phillymark

10 times more children than total victims?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:21 - Apr 19 with 754 viewsStokieBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:52 - Apr 19 by GlasgowBlue

Could I politely ask you to stop peddling conspiracy theories that invoke the blood libel trope. It’s offensive.

I don’t see much difference between the offensive nonsense you post and that which was posted in the past by the likes of CIL and Pazelle. Which is why I’m surprised you’re getting some support from a certain poster who would have been down on CIL like a ton of bricks had she posted similar.

EDIT. To clarify, I am not accusing you of bing either CIL or Pazelle. You are a poor imitation of both. I'm saying that your batsh1t conspricy theories are no different than theirs.

I'm getting rather fed up of this now.

Please show me where I have supported this poster.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:27 - Apr 19 with 728 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:48 - Apr 19 by phillymark

I would say it doesn't involve 10,000 women and nearly 14,000 children killed, leaving aside thousands buried under rubble.

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-04-17-24

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:32 - Apr 19 with 692 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:21 - Apr 19 by StokieBlue

SB

When he or she complained about their post being removed by Phil regarding the shooting of hostages, Phil told him that "That is a misrepresentation of why the post was removed. You posted, among other things, that Israel had deliberately killed their own hostages" and you went to his/her defence with....

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? by StokieBlue 19 Apr 13:53
I didn't see the post in question, however they did shoot 3 of the hostages who were carrying white flags and had stripped off to show they didn't have explosives.

A very deliberate act of shooting unarmed non-combatants regardless of whether they were hostages or civilians.

SB

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:35 - Apr 19 with 685 viewsStokieBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:32 - Apr 19 by GlasgowBlue

When he or she complained about their post being removed by Phil regarding the shooting of hostages, Phil told him that "That is a misrepresentation of why the post was removed. You posted, among other things, that Israel had deliberately killed their own hostages" and you went to his/her defence with....

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? by StokieBlue 19 Apr 13:53

SB

So I didn't support him at all, thanks for clearing that up.

I replied to Phil to highlight a situation where it had happened. I have no idea what Chorley's previous post was about, I hadn't seen it and I literally said I hadn't seen it in that post.

This is really desperate stuff GB and I am getting rather annoyed. Please stop posting lies and false insinuations about my posting.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 631 viewsPhilTWTD

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:18 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

Then I apologise. I thought most forums were financed by advertising and page visits. I assumed that advertising revenue was proportional to page visits and therefore it made sense to have as big a number of topics as possible to visit but also factoring in the headaches you get as a result of having to referee arguments between those who post here.

Non football threads must make up the vast majority of your headaches and I assumed (wrongly, it seems) that no one would give themselves unnecessary policing to do if it wasn't worth their while.

I certainly didn't intend to be offensive and I'm grateful that you point out the fact that your forum is set up to be a forum for Town fans rather than an Ipswich Town forum.

Advertising and visits are the source of revenue but the more pages people visit the less the reward, so a particular topic and the resultant threads not appearing wouldn't make a significant difference.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:48 - Apr 19 with 616 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:21 - Apr 19 by StokieBlue

SB

I assumed he was referring to Bigalhunter or Leitrim as they are the only ones who have regularly given me up arrows in this thread.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:02 - Apr 19 with 563 viewsChorleyBoy

I'm struggling to understand how the (Hebrew) words of an Israeli Airforce pilot speaking to Israel's most popular newspaper about what he calls a "Mass Hannibal" event (the intentional killing of Israeli military to avoid them being taken hostage) is either a conspiracy or invoking blood libel.

Check is out for yourself. they are his words, not mine:

https://www.instagram.com/cravingpalestine/reel/Cz6oI6zoVsZ/?hl=en

As far as I know, CIL and Pazelle were before my time so I cannot comment on the nature of their posts.

I'm also not entirely sure who you are referring to when you talk about me getting support from another poster. BigAlHunter and Leitrim don't seem to be the sort of posters who would come down like a ton of bricks on any poster.

Finally, could I politely ask you to a) stop implying that I am a previous poster (I believe you've been told not to do this before) and b) stop the insinuations of antisemitism towards me. I'm posting critical opinions of the Israeli government and the IDF by Israeli citizens and military personnel. You might not like their views, but it is neither antisemitic or pro-Hamas to do so. Your efforts to smear me with accusations of antisemitism is not only a rather desperate attempt to silence alternative Jewish opinion, but also hugely disrespectful to the very people you claim to be defending.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:08 - Apr 19 with 535 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:46 - Apr 19 by PhilTWTD

Advertising and visits are the source of revenue but the more pages people visit the less the reward, so a particular topic and the resultant threads not appearing wouldn't make a significant difference.

Thank you for explaining it. No offence was intended and the fact that you have this part of the forum open for Town fans to discuss non-footballing matters is appreciated.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:08 - Apr 19 with 532 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:02 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

I'm struggling to understand how the (Hebrew) words of an Israeli Airforce pilot speaking to Israel's most popular newspaper about what he calls a "Mass Hannibal" event (the intentional killing of Israeli military to avoid them being taken hostage) is either a conspiracy or invoking blood libel.

Check is out for yourself. they are his words, not mine:

https://www.instagram.com/cravingpalestine/reel/Cz6oI6zoVsZ/?hl=en

As far as I know, CIL and Pazelle were before my time so I cannot comment on the nature of their posts.

I'm also not entirely sure who you are referring to when you talk about me getting support from another poster. BigAlHunter and Leitrim don't seem to be the sort of posters who would come down like a ton of bricks on any poster.

Finally, could I politely ask you to a) stop implying that I am a previous poster (I believe you've been told not to do this before) and b) stop the insinuations of antisemitism towards me. I'm posting critical opinions of the Israeli government and the IDF by Israeli citizens and military personnel. You might not like their views, but it is neither antisemitic or pro-Hamas to do so. Your efforts to smear me with accusations of antisemitism is not only a rather desperate attempt to silence alternative Jewish opinion, but also hugely disrespectful to the very people you claim to be defending.

GB being smeary? Never 😂

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:44 - Apr 19 with 434 viewsChorleyBoy

While it's clear you don't like me very much, I'm not hugely impressed by your form of engagement which seems to be little more than screaming conspiracy theorist, antisemite, batsh1t crazy, Pazelle, CIL, but not Pazelle and not CIL (although equally batsh1t and poor imitation of both of them), blub, blub, blub, conspiratorial antisemite! Yet all I have done is provide articles and videos of Jews who are critical of the State of Israel (many of which are from Israeli or Western news sources) and you seem angry that other posters aren't joining in and coming down on me like a ton of bricks for some reason.

This is a forum for debate and you can scream all you like to get my posts removed but it's a fairly pointless task because all I'm doing in posting the views of Jewish people critical of the Israeli government - a point which you have gone to some length to say is perfectly justified. These are just eye-witness accounts and personal opinions from Jews - all of which seem to upset you for some reason.
[Post edited 19 Apr 20:58]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 21:23 - Apr 19 with 382 viewsBigalhunter

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:44 - Apr 19 by ChorleyBoy

While it's clear you don't like me very much, I'm not hugely impressed by your form of engagement which seems to be little more than screaming conspiracy theorist, antisemite, batsh1t crazy, Pazelle, CIL, but not Pazelle and not CIL (although equally batsh1t and poor imitation of both of them), blub, blub, blub, conspiratorial antisemite! Yet all I have done is provide articles and videos of Jews who are critical of the State of Israel (many of which are from Israeli or Western news sources) and you seem angry that other posters aren't joining in and coming down on me like a ton of bricks for some reason.

This is a forum for debate and you can scream all you like to get my posts removed but it's a fairly pointless task because all I'm doing in posting the views of Jewish people critical of the Israeli government - a point which you have gone to some length to say is perfectly justified. These are just eye-witness accounts and personal opinions from Jews - all of which seem to upset you for some reason.
[Post edited 19 Apr 20:58]

It is, regrettably, what he has always done on here. Accuse, double down on it, throw about accusations and ‘comparisons’ with former posters, and to some extent, I can understand it with regards to the current situation in the Middle East.

His family are of Jewish heritage, I believe.

My late father was of Palestinian heritage and went to his grave still ashamed that he lost his livelihood in the country of his birth, and had to seek help from relatives in the UK.

As a result, I will always take an anti-Israel stance for as long as Phil tolerates my time on here, purely because of the shame and misery it caused him.

The fact that my father would be appalled at the actions of Hamas, and hugely disapprove of my saying this whilst wasting my time squabbling on an Ipswich forum probably says more about me.

Be careful, don’t upset Phil again, and hopefully this thread can continue to highlight the atrocious behaviour of the Israeli authorities without getting pulled or sabotaged.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024