Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) 16:50 - Oct 20 with 2985 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:52 - Oct 20 with 2893 viewsEastTownBlue

Indeed. They need to officially announce the inevitable.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:52 - Oct 20 with 2855 viewsReus30

Just waiting for the official but jesus, it takes all day for a decision.

Reckless.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:53 - Oct 20 with 2821 viewsportmanking

Yep. official mod of their TWTD-equivalent says it's off.

Absolute disgrace. Utterly piss poor from Rotherham. They've known about this forecast for most of the week. A ground which is hugged by the River Don is always going to be susceptible.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:53 - Oct 20 with 2785 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:52 - Oct 20 by Reus30

Reckless.

Truly pathetic. Anyone with a Brian could see that river overflowing.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 2733 viewsgainsboroughblue

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:52 - Oct 20 by Reus30

Reckless.

Absolutely ridiculous.

The red flags have been there for a whole week with further ones developing overnight into today.

But yeah, wait till 5pm when most people are either there or within an hour of the place.....

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 2686 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38311467&page=5

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 2395 viewsArnieM

Yes it is piss poor from RUFC. Couldn’t give a sh1t about fans safety ( either clubs fans). They’re a bloody disgrace. Three people have already died today in these floods… some perspective needed I feel , and how much pressure was there from Sky tv I wonder to get this gxme okayed. It’s all about money these days it seems .

https://www.thestar.co.uk/

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:59 - Oct 20 with 2278 viewsBasuco

3 1/2 hour drive up to Rotherham, that first pint tastes so good. Long drive for a bite to eat and a drink.
Login to get fewer ads

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 2213 viewspointofblue

Surely if the stewards have been told the news needs to get out to the fans ASAP - especially Town fans on the road up there.

Mind you, could be too late for some. Might have already arrived.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 2165 viewsBluedanW

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:52 - Oct 20 by EastTownBlue

Indeed. They need to officially announce the inevitable.

My mate just called Rotherham and they have just confirmed game is off. He was just Grantham and Newark. He called them before he left and they pretty much said game is definitely on.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 2139 viewsFreddies_Ears

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:00 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Surely if the stewards have been told the news needs to get out to the fans ASAP - especially Town fans on the road up there.

Mind you, could be too late for some. Might have already arrived.

I just got to the stadium - match is off.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:01 - Oct 20 with 2030 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham have just tweeted to confirm. Piss poor to leave it so late in the day.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 2015 viewsFreddies_Ears

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:00 - Oct 20 by Freddies_Ears

River next to the ground is overtoppong, and most roads around the ground are flooded / impassable. No trains or trams, and many buses now being withdrawn.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 1951 viewsstickymockwell

Get home safely

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 1911 viewsbaxterbasics

I knew they would leave it late, the scoundrels.

Thoughts with those who have travelled!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 17:03]

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 1896 viewsbrazil1982

Cheers Ears, was just about to leave.
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:06 - Oct 20 with 1783 viewsportmanroadblue

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 16:59 - Oct 20 by Basuco

3 1/2 hour drive up to Rotherham, that first pint tastes so good. Long drive for a bite to eat and a drink.

Nearer 4 and a half hours from Colchester for me 🙄
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:07 - Oct 20 with 1747 viewsTrequartista

I think the excuse they will use is that the reason it is off is because the Don has burst its banks today and the road is flooded near the stadium. Could they have predicted the Don would burst its banks at that point? I don't know.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:08 - Oct 20 with 1746 viewsbluelagos

It''s official

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 1701 viewsGeomorph

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:02 - Oct 20 by Freddies_Ears

River next to the ground is overtoppong, and most roads around the ground are flooded / impassable. No trains or trams, and many buses now being withdrawn.

EA flood alerts been in place at least all day today and ground is on floodplain - what a ridiculous late decision.. safe journey home all who are travelling
Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:13 - Oct 20 with 1619 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:07 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

I think the excuse they will use is that the reason it is off is because the Don has burst its banks today and the road is flooded near the stadium. Could they have predicted the Don would burst its banks at that point? I don't know.

Given what has happened in that area previouly (2007, 2019) I think it would have been reasonable to assume that the forecast weather conditions would cause sufficient problems for supporter safety.

And, yes, I think it was a safe prediction that the Don would burst its banks.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 17:14]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:40 - Oct 20 with 1412 viewsVegtablue

Millers fans saying it’s off… (n/t) on 17:07 - Oct 20 by Trequartista

It was reliably forecasted yesterday that the water level would exceed the threshold required for significant flooding by over 1.5 metres, and the flood warning covered the stretch between Sheffield and Doncatser, which is very much inclusive of Rotherham, so I don't believe RUFC were unlucky here and photos of the car park from 2019 show this has happened before. I doubt they're worried about providing a palatable excuse though to be honest Trequartista, likely just feeling sorry for themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024