Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' 15:37 - Oct 19 with 3857 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Every single hour from 3am tomorrow. If that ends up being the case I'd say more likely off than on.

Hopefully either way will be an early decision so supporters don't have to travel if indeed it does get postponed.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:40 - Oct 19 with 3813 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hard call as to whether to bother driving up there isn't it. I won't be leaving until 1ish probably
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 3786 viewsStokieBlue

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:40 - Oct 19 by PrideOfTheEast

Hard call as to whether to bother driving up there isn't it. I won't be leaving until 1ish probably

Given it's on Sky I would expect them to push for the match to go ahead even if the players needed to swim.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:49 - Oct 19 with 3730 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don’t they have covers and decent drainage?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:57 - Oct 19 with 3672 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 15:49 - Oct 19 by GlasgowBlue

Don’t they have covers and decent drainage?

Regrettably I don't think they do. However if it is as bad as some reports are expecting it to be the decision makers might also factor in getting to and from the ground and not just the pitch itself.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 16:14 - Oct 19 with 3573 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not in Rhodes, 28 degrees for next week and clear blue skies.

Enjoy!

RIP Sir Bobby

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 16:28 - Oct 19 with 3483 viewsOsborneOneNil

If it's as bad as that then I hope it is off. Won't suit our game.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 16:31 - Oct 19 with 3464 viewsportmanking

I'd leave it as late as you can. You could probably set off from Suffolk area around 3 and still make the game (if it's on). It'll be a horrific drive mind you, as the rain is following us up the motorway.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 16:40 - Oct 19 with 3408 viewsBlueBadger

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 16:14 - Oct 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Not in Rhodes, 28 degrees for next week and clear blue skies.

Enjoy!

Told you all that Famous Roy shouldn't have sold him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 3326 viewsPhilTWTD

This post has been edited by an administrator
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:26 - Oct 19 with 3053 viewsTheBoyBlue

Yet as far as I can tell, there is no official suggestion that a postponement is even a possibility. Wouldn't we usually get something by this point along the lines of "there will be a pitch inspection at x time" or even just "the club are keeping an eye on the situation"?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:46 - Oct 19 with 2978 viewsstrikalite

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:26 - Oct 19 by TheBoyBlue

Yet as far as I can tell, there is no official suggestion that a postponement is even a possibility. Wouldn't we usually get something by this point along the lines of "there will be a pitch inspection at x time" or even just "the club are keeping an eye on the situation"?

We should say to Rothers that we want a defo green light at midday that it goes ahead and if it doesn't then you pay our fans travel compensation...
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:58 - Oct 19 with 2912 viewsredrickstuhaart

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:26 - Oct 19 by TheBoyBlue

Pitch inspections are pretty much never mentioned or announced unless the pitch has already reached a dodgy state.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:08 - Oct 19 with 2853 viewsArnieM

I honestly almost want game called off now guys . It will be a complete lottery . Wonder if it could be put back to say Saturday or even Sunday ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:12 - Oct 19 with 2835 viewsBobbychase

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:08 - Oct 19 by ArnieM

I honestly almost want game called off now guys . It will be a complete lottery . Wonder if it could be put back to say Saturday or even Sunday ?

Are their first choice centre backs still injured? Agree a monsoon won't suit us but might be a good time to play them.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:12 - Oct 19 with 2837 viewsskinnybob72

Worth remembering that SKY couldn't give a flying forklift truck about fans who actually go to the games - they'll be wanting the game on regardless of the conditions folk going to the game have to battle through.
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:28 - Oct 19 with 2732 viewsSheffordBlue

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:46 - Oct 19 by strikalite

We should say to Rothers that we want a defo green light at midday that it goes ahead and if it doesn't then you pay our fans travel compensation...

It's not really down to them though. It's the ref and/or safety advice that could call it off.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 2688 viewsyorkshireblue

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:46 - Oct 19 by strikalite

Why should they foot the bill for the referees decision? They have exactly as much as say on of it goes ahead or not?
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 20:39 - Oct 19 with 2501 viewsTheBoyBlue

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 18:58 - Oct 19 by redrickstuhaart

Pitch inspections are pretty much never mentioned or announced unless the pitch has already reached a dodgy state.

But I might have expected it mentioned with the forecast as it is. Just think that if there is any serious danger of it being off more of a 'thing' would've been made of it.

But you may well be (probably are!) right.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 21:02 - Oct 19 with 2423 viewsgainsboroughblue

As much as I want to see us play, and it being on sky and everything, it's that thought that it's a 'farcical last minute winner' as a back pass gets stuck in the mud game written all over it. And we just know it won't be us that scores it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 2183 viewsFreddies_Ears

I am already in Sheffield. If the game is off, I am straight back to the beer festival at the Kelham Island Museum, which provided a perfect early session tonight, from 5-10. Hic...
17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 22:53 - Oct 19 with 2124 viewsHogger

17 hours non stop 'Heavy Rain' on 22:40 - Oct 19 by Freddies_Ears

I am already in Sheffield. If the game is off, I am straight back to the beer festival at the Kelham Island Museum, which provided a perfect early session tonight, from 5-10. Hic...

That's the spirit!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024