Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action 21:13 - Sep 24 with 1180 views3_5_2

Top work yesterday

Definitely making a difference We sit bottom of the Magnus in the family section and can hear them and what they do to get the ground going

at 3-3 it was noticeable the crowd got behind the teams and after Mass smashed in the winner, the place was rocking

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Blue Action on 08:08 - Sep 25 with 798 viewskeanekipper

doing a good job yes, but i do think they need to put the more wordy songs to bed in the last 5 mins of games when we are either seeing the game out or chasing the win.
Blue Action on 08:31 - Sep 25 with 741 viewsChurchman

As somebody who remembers watching when the world was in black and white, I think the atmosphere is the best I’ve ever known it.

Some dim and distant games stick out of course. In the 70s, Leeds FA Cup and one or two others when the crowd was over 30k, Man U 6-0, of course Bolton play off, Arsenal League Cup, the Inter game and some of the 2000/1 season matches.

But by and large, our crowd has always been relatively quiet, but on the flip side slow to get on the players’ back like say the London clubs’. Robson used to moan about it and the acoustics of the new North Stand didn’t help later on. If you wanted ‘proper’ atmosphere, the old North Stand was the place to go.

However, it’s changed. There is an intensity in the ground at the moment. You can feel it, even at the other end from the North Stand. The demographics has changed too. Compared five or six years ago, there are lots more younger people - just check out Town in 5 and I think that really helps. The Blue Action group have made a big difference too.

Portman Road is a great place to be at the moment. There’s something happening at this football club and you can feel it as well as see it.
Can you hear the North Stand and Blue Action from the Churchmans on 08:44 - Sep 25 with 706 viewsunstableblue

Blue Action on 08:31 - Sep 25 by Churchman

As somebody who remembers watching when the world was in black and white, I think the atmosphere is the best I’ve ever known it.

Some dim and distant games stick out of course. In the 70s, Leeds FA Cup and one or two others when the crowd was over 30k, Man U 6-0, of course Bolton play off, Arsenal League Cup, the Inter game and some of the 2000/1 season matches.

But by and large, our crowd has always been relatively quiet, but on the flip side slow to get on the players’ back like say the London clubs’. Robson used to moan about it and the acoustics of the new North Stand didn’t help later on. If you wanted ‘proper’ atmosphere, the old North Stand was the place to go.

However, it’s changed. There is an intensity in the ground at the moment. You can feel it, even at the other end from the North Stand. The demographics has changed too. Compared five or six years ago, there are lots more younger people - just check out Town in 5 and I think that really helps. The Blue Action group have made a big difference too.

Portman Road is a great place to be at the moment. There’s something happening at this football club and you can feel it as well as see it.

I had acquaintances in the Blackburn end, and in the V1 section opened to home fans.. and after the game when I was discussing the good atmosphere - although there were some song synchronisation issues between blue action and Lower north - they both said they really couldn’t hear it!?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 8:44]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024