Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving Seats 19:21 - Sep 20 with 1846 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Interested in people's opinion on this.

As a ST holder if you were asked to swap seats before every match, so the person next to you can sit next to their son/daughter/mate, would you :

a) think it's no big deal and move along
b) ask to remain in your own seat

It makes no difference to my view so I don't want to be an ar*e, but find it mildly frustrating that I don't seem to be able to sit in my own seat.
Moving Seats on 19:28 - Sep 20 with 1780 viewsButterbing

I would probably happily move. But it depends on what the person was like. If they were polite and appreciative then no problem but if they were a prick about it then I’d be less inclined.
Moving Seats on 19:29 - Sep 20 with 1778 viewsmrfixit426

If I was sat between a parent and child, I would offer to move anyway. It doesn't really make a difference if you're moving one or two seats along, surely. Also, isn't it awkward when the people either side of you talk across you? I'd just move.
Moving Seats on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 1756 viewsmrfixit426

Moving Seats on 19:28 - Sep 20 by Butterbing

I would probably happily move. But it depends on what the person was like. If they were polite and appreciative then no problem but if they were a prick about it then I’d be less inclined.

Yeah, also agree with this. If someone just expected me to move, I might not be so accommodating.
Moving Seats on 19:40 - Sep 20 with 1696 viewsxrayspecs

Some ticket selling software prevents you from leaving single seats (so if four in a row are available. then you can buy one, two or four adjacent seats but not three). We do not have this at Town so you get quite a few single seats left for sale, so fans buy two close together and ask fans to shuffle. Suspect that it was it is happening with your ticket, you have spare seats either side.

As others have said, it is not really a big issue, so roll with it. You could ask the club to move your ST along one seat to create a pair next to you. You would have a new ST and would not be asked to move.
Moving Seats on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 1686 viewsSitfcB

I’m going to have this issue on Saturday

Our new season ticket seats had a bit of a restricted view, so moved a few rows back but the new seats were sold for the Blackburn game, so we’re in the SARU and I got a seat either side of one already taken.

Hopefully the person will comply but I will be polite in asking.

If the person is polite and friendly enough then no problem to do it? You could just agree that you’ve swapped seats and you don’t have to go through it every game then, or is it that it’s different people every game?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 19:44]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Moving Seats on 20:39 - Sep 20 with 1513 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Moving Seats on 19:43 - Sep 20 by SitfcB

Our new season ticket seats had a bit of a restricted view, so moved a few rows back but the new seats were sold for the Blackburn game, so we’re in the SARU and I got a seat either side of one already taken.

If the person is polite and friendly enough then no problem to do it? You could just agree that you’ve swapped seats and you don’t have to go through it every game then, or is it that it’s different people every game?

Haven't quite worked it out yet, but think the guy next to me has got two season tickets (one either side of me). Think he brings different people along to each game.

Agree it's no big deal to move. I guess it was hard getting two seats together when the season tickets went on sale.
Moving Seats on 20:58 - Sep 20 with 1467 viewsITFC_Forever

No problem.

I haven’t sat in (stood in front of) my seat for years…. There’s three of us with STs, I go in the middle and mate goes on the left… don’t know why, we just do.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Moving Seats on 21:08 - Sep 20 with 1429 viewsFunge

Moving Seats on 19:43 - Sep 20 by SitfcB

Christ Sitters, when did you move?
Login to get fewer ads

Moving Seats on 21:24 - Sep 20 with 1386 viewsSteve_M

As a one-off it’s no big deal, but every match it gets a bit irritating. That’s from experience some years back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Moving Seats on 23:08 - Sep 20 with 1219 viewsSitfcB

Moving Seats on 21:08 - Sep 20 by Funge

Christ Sitters, when did you move?

I can return in 7 and a half years…

It’s taking some getting used to, but enjoying it all the same

After 11 years I’ve moved upstairs… by SitfcB 3 Apr 2023 10:14
…and a Robson is officially returning to Portman Road full time!

Time for a new chapter supporting ITFC, my boys first season ticket and we’ll be in SBRU, couldn’t tear myself away from it, was looking at maybe Sir Alf upper and then Magnus Upper but it’s not the same.

A shame they don’t offer the U12 price everywhere though!

Here’s to ending this chapter with a promotion and continuing that in the next one!

COYB

(A couple of singers to help with the noise in your section by the way Texters!)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024