Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns tackle 08:28 - Sep 18 with 2648 viewsBlueySwede

That tackle looks worse with each viewing, and very uncharacteristic?
What are other peoples view on it, am I being sensitive?
Burns tackle on 08:34 - Sep 18 with 2577 viewsWickets

Think he had been fouled/ blocked off several times by his marker and the officials just ignored it maybe got him wound up !
Burns tackle on 08:37 - Sep 18 with 2550 viewsSitfcB

What does it matter now?

He does like a naughty tackle now and then. Was probably frustration on Saturday, Sheff Wed players were on the wind up the whole game.

When the ref ran over and went to his pocket quickly we all thought a red was coming out!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Burns tackle on 08:47 - Sep 18 with 2487 viewsMetal_Hacker

Their fullback was on Burns all afternoon with a little dig here and there and blocking him off

Partly frustration more than anything

Best thing their fullback could do after that game is go away and learn to take a throw in

Poll: If it were one or the other

Burns tackle on 08:50 - Sep 18 with 2468 viewsWeWereZombies

Burns tackle on 08:37 - Sep 18 by SitfcB

What does it matter now?

He does like a naughty tackle now and then. Was probably frustration on Saturday, Sheff Wed players were on the wind up the whole game.

When the ref ran over and went to his pocket quickly we all thought a red was coming out!

The studs were up, weren't they ? But as the OP says, it was uncharacteristic, I think it was just that the Delgado got there sooner than Burns expected and that is probably how the referee saw it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Burns tackle on 08:51 - Sep 18 with 2456 viewsHighgateBlue

It was a very bad tackle, possibly down to frustration, but I think mistimed more than anything. I'm glad no serious injury resulted, and I'm glad there was no red card. There could easily have been either or both. Onwards and upwards.
Burns tackle on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 2344 views_clive_baker_

Wasn't a great look, not just the tackle but where on the pitch it was given away, don't think KM would've been too impressed. We clearly work hard to limit the amount of freekicks we concede in our defensive 1/3 and that just looked a lazy challenge. He's going away from goal towards the touchline, he also had Clarke covering. Burns just needs to stand him up there.

Resulted in a dangerous ball in that we didn't defend particularly well either, the header could've gone anywhere.
Burns tackle on 09:13 - Sep 18 with 2313 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

The one where he got the yellow? I don't think it was that bad. Looked as though the player was going to kick it down the line and skip away from Burns who had read that and slid in to block the ball and put it out for a throw, but the Sheff player didn't do that so it looks like a bad challenge for what it actually was. Definitely a yellow, but not malicious in my opinion.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Burns tackle on 09:32 - Sep 18 with 2218 viewsBasuco

Burns tackle on 09:13 - Sep 18 by IPSWICHFANITFC

The one where he got the yellow? I don't think it was that bad. Looked as though the player was going to kick it down the line and skip away from Burns who had read that and slid in to block the ball and put it out for a throw, but the Sheff player didn't do that so it looks like a bad challenge for what it actually was. Definitely a yellow, but not malicious in my opinion.

It might have been a coincidence, but Wes had 3 or 4 heavy cynical challenges that did not even get a freekick for, it was too far from where I stood to see clearly, but to me it did look like frustration after being constantly fouled.
Login to get fewer ads

Burns tackle on 09:43 - Sep 18 with 2130 viewsHerbivore

Definitely looked a frustrated tackle and a yellow all day long, but it wasn't exactly a horror challenge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Burns tackle on 09:46 - Sep 18 with 2110 viewsbilllm

Burns tackle on 09:32 - Sep 18 by Basuco

It might have been a coincidence, but Wes had 3 or 4 heavy cynical challenges that did not even get a freekick for, it was too far from where I stood to see clearly, but to me it did look like frustration after being constantly fouled.

Very frustrated with the player and officials,
On a side note he can't tackle anyway and is always giving fouls away needlessly lot of pushes late as the balls going,
Defending not his greatest attribute but he's there to attack,
Burns tackle on 10:02 - Sep 18 with 2021 viewsbracknell_blue

Burns tackle on 09:13 - Sep 18 by IPSWICHFANITFC

When | saw it my first thought was if an opposition player had done that we would be screaming for a red card. I actually thought he was fortunate not to be sent off,

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Burns tackle on 10:15 - Sep 18 with 1969 viewsMediocre_Quick

Probably being a little too sensitive,

It happens, it's nice to have players who want to dip into the dark arts every now and then, rather than being all airy fairy
Burns tackle on 10:16 - Sep 18 with 1964 viewsPaul

Burns tackle on 10:02 - Sep 18 by bracknell_blue

When | saw it my first thought was if an opposition player had done that we would be screaming for a red card. I actually thought he was fortunate not to be sent off,

This.

It was a shocking tackle and I honestly thought he was going to be sent off. We got away with one there IMHO
Burns tackle on 10:19 - Sep 18 with 1938 viewsDeano69

Not as bad as some of Wednesdays tackles off the ball and following in after.

Burns does get the odd yellow card for a hot headed challenge on occasions

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Burns tackle on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 1863 viewsHerbivore

Burns tackle on 10:16 - Sep 18 by Paul

This.

It was a shocking tackle and I honestly thought he was going to be sent off. We got away with one there IMHO

Never a red.

Burns tackle on 11:04 - Sep 18 with 1759 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Burns tackle on 10:30 - Sep 18 by Herbivore

Never a red.

Well it was worse than Liam Trotter's in that FA Cup game v Portsmouth, so definitely falls into the "I've seen them given" category.
Burns tackle on 11:20 - Sep 18 with 1675 viewsDefender110

Burns tackle on 09:32 - Sep 18 by Basuco

Could he have been singled out following the penalty incident at PR? Did seem that various players had off the ball goes at Wes.
Burns tackle on 13:05 - Sep 18 with 1433 viewsWickets

Burns tackle on 11:04 - Sep 18 by ArnoldMoorhen

Well it was worse than Liam Trotter's in that FA Cup game v Portsmouth, so definitely falls into the "I've seen them given" category.

But Wednesday didn't have Redknapp and Jorden shouting into the 4th official's Mike!
Burns tackle on 13:19 - Sep 18 with 1374 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Burns tackle on 10:02 - Sep 18 by bracknell_blue

I respect your opinion but for me it's just a yellow card. Never in a million years is it a red.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Burns tackle on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1311 viewsStu_Magoo

Wednesday player managed to squeeze at least 784 rolls on the floor afterwards which was a bit much.
Burns tackle on 13:41 - Sep 18 with 1275 viewsHerbivore

Burns tackle on 11:04 - Sep 18 by ArnoldMoorhen

But literally nobody other than the ref that day thought Trotter's was a red card. That refs sometimes make bad decisions doesn't mean it was a red card challenge. Absolute stonewall yellow for me but anything more than that would have been very harsh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024