Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Preston going to be 00:30 - Sep 18 with 1774 viewsArchiRob

This years Plymouth Argyle?
Is Preston going to be on 01:36 - Sep 18 with 1708 viewsbournemouthblue

They could well be, obviously they're managed by Lowe who got Plymouth's ball rolling to start with

I did notice Plymouth had a lot more of the ball than them and a lot more shots so whilst they got the job done, that's really not a recipe for success, certainly against sides who will be more ruthless than Plymouth

Time will tell, it goes to show the friendly before the start of the season was perhaps trickier on paper than we realised

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is Preston going to be on 06:25 - Sep 18 with 1554 viewsbilllm

They have been trying stronger the last two seasons,
Brought some good players this window,
Have a decent manager
Top 8 solid,
Is Preston going to be on 07:18 - Sep 18 with 1403 viewsNutkins_Return

I thought after our pre-season friendly they were going to really struggle this season. We were absolutely dominant.

Good for us but I think they were short of a few for that game in fairness.
Is Preston going to be on 08:25 - Sep 18 with 1247 viewsHerbivore

I'd be surprised if they sustain it, but you never know. Looks like they're coming out on the right end of fine margins in games at the moment and it's hard to do that over the course of a whole season, especially as their start to the season has been reasonably kind, Sunderland at home is the only fixture they've had against a side likely to be competing for the top 6. They've played two of the bottom three and beat a Plymouth side that's not won away as yet. Will be interesting to see how they get on against one of the newly relegated sides or someone like us. We saw with Plymouth that momentum can become self sustaining, often in the face of all footballing logic, so perhaps they will be in for a good season but personally I'd be surprised to see them competing for promotion, possibly top 6 though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Preston going to be on 08:53 - Sep 18 with 1156 viewsfranz_tyson

As long as we're this years Ipswich.
Is Preston going to be on 08:53 - Sep 18 with 1149 viewstonybied

I have no problem with that if we are this years Ipswich Town!
Is Preston going to be on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 1054 viewsCityBlue

They beat a poor Sunderland, a poor Sheff Wed, a poor Swansea and a poor Stoke. Plymouth had all the possession and shots on Saturday yet still lost.

Cants see PNE keeping this up and face both Leicester and us in the first week of October.

I T I D

Is Preston going to be on 09:14 - Sep 18 with 1046 viewsSharkey

I notice that it's becoming more common to talk about teams in the singular. (e.g. 'Preston is a good team' rather than 'Preston are a good team'.) I guess that's come in from America because an increasing number of sports commentators here who have an interest in U.S. sports? (Just like 'set pieces' became 'set plays' almost overnight.)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 9:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Is Preston going to be on 09:26 - Sep 18 with 969 viewstextbackup

Is Preston going to be on 09:12 - Sep 18 by CityBlue

They beat a poor Sunderland, a poor Sheff Wed, a poor Swansea and a poor Stoke. Plymouth had all the possession and shots on Saturday yet still lost.

Cants see PNE keeping this up and face both Leicester and us in the first week of October.

We’ve also beaten those teams you mention.
Does that mean we won’t keep this up?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024