Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday music thread 14:28 - Sep 15 with 1744 viewsbluelagos

Seems quite apt after yesterday's little meltdown...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Friday music thread on 14:31 - Sep 15 with 1722 viewsKeno

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Friday music thread on 14:52 - Sep 15 with 1698 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-66815922

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Friday music thread on 14:57 - Sep 15 with 1691 viewsMookamoo

Friday music thread on 15:33 - Sep 15 with 1664 viewshoppy

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Friday music thread on 16:00 - Sep 15 with 1632 viewssoupytwist

Friday music thread on 16:57 - Sep 15 with 1554 viewsMoriarty

fka omuircheartaigh

Friday music thread on 16:58 - Sep 15 with 1550 viewsEireannach_gorm

Friday music thread on 17:09 - Sep 15 with 1538 viewsEireannach_gorm

Login to get fewer ads

Friday music thread on 19:32 - Sep 15 with 1469 viewstazdac

Friday music thread on 19:55 - Sep 15 with 1429 viewsPhilTWTD

Friday music thread on 21:55 - Sep 15 with 1374 viewsWeWereZombies

Friday music thread on 07:51 - Sep 16 with 1289 viewsDJR

Friday music thread on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 1249 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Friday music thread on 11:28 - Sep 16 with 1224 viewsthatbdude

Poll: Who going down?

Friday music thread on 10:50 - Sep 17 with 1141 viewsDJR

Friday music thread on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 1120 viewsWeWereZombies

Friday music thread on 11:12 - Sep 17 with 1108 viewsDJR

Friday music thread on 13:13 - Sep 17 with 1079 viewsDJR

Friday music thread on 11:12 - Sep 17 by DJR

Following WeWereZombies' example, I should have paired it with the following, and so gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Friday music thread on 17:23 - Sep 17 with 1042 viewsWeWereZombies

Friday music thread on 13:13 - Sep 17 by DJR

Following WeWereZombies' example, I should have paired it with the following, and so gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Y'see I don't actually mind Blue (and no one has ever called a band Yellow and Green, have they ?) so my intent was to pair song about anger being an energy sung by someone who isn't by any stretch of the imagination the World's greatest singer with four lads who can actually sing (and as a divorced Dad who would do almost anything to please a teenage daughter I can admit to seeing Blue live, no sign of vocoder or anything added through the sound desk.)

On top of that I read the lyrics for 'All Rise' as it played and appreciate how apposite the play on words between a court case and a relationship was to my first post (a maybe too subtle reference to Teresa May's revelation that s Government minster hid in a cupboard rather than meet the Hillsborough families - 'Hey, You've Got To Hide Your (G?)ove Away' sung, of course, by four Scousers.)

Anyway, I've seen Blue but never seen The Sex Pistols or Public Image, although have seen Jah Wobble...and used to work in Notting Hill opposite the Glitterbest offices and have seen Keith Levine and John Lydon walking up an external staircase across the Gate. So. one love for the Mother's Pride:

Friday music thread on 17:36 - Sep 17 with 1032 viewsDJR

Friday music thread on 17:23 - Sep 17 by WeWereZombies

Y'see I don't actually mind Blue (and no one has ever called a band Yellow and Green, have they ?) so my intent was to pair song about anger being an energy sung by someone who isn't by any stretch of the imagination the World's greatest singer with four lads who can actually sing (and as a divorced Dad who would do almost anything to please a teenage daughter I can admit to seeing Blue live, no sign of vocoder or anything added through the sound desk.)

On top of that I read the lyrics for 'All Rise' as it played and appreciate how apposite the play on words between a court case and a relationship was to my first post (a maybe too subtle reference to Teresa May's revelation that s Government minster hid in a cupboard rather than meet the Hillsborough families - 'Hey, You've Got To Hide Your (G?)ove Away' sung, of course, by four Scousers.)

Anyway, I've seen Blue but never seen The Sex Pistols or Public Image, although have seen Jah Wobble...and used to work in Notting Hill opposite the Glitterbest offices and have seen Keith Levine and John Lydon walking up an external staircase across the Gate. So. one love for the Mother's Pride:

Sorry I misinterpreted your post, and wasn't really aware of the lyrics to their songs, but I must admit that my wife liked Blue a lot.

EDIT: And I don't suppose you could call PIL the sublime.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 17:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024