Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... 09:58 - Sep 12 with 1436 viewsSaleAway

Not been to Hillsborough before, and will be driving over from South Manchester. What's the parking situation like? Any recommendations? Don't mind paying for a car park, if its convenient and easy to get away at the end.

Seen some people mentioning Middlewood park and ride as an option....
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 9:59]

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 10:27 - Sep 12 with 1358 viewsrllmuk

If you don’t mind a walk (1.5 miles) I park at Asda Chaucer road which you can reserve on the parking apps for £4. Is the right side of Sheffield for me and you miss all traffic on way out. Some may say it’s too far out though.
Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 11:05 - Sep 12 with 1299 viewsgringoblue

Last year we came in on the A61 and turned off on to Trafalgar Road to park near the Pheasant Inn - S6 1JY. We didn't get there mega early and there were no parking restrictions, only about a half mile walk to the away end.
Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 12:02 - Sep 12 with 1225 viewslongtimefan

Last time I went by car I actually parked in Meadowhall and got the tram across. That worked fine, though the tram queues can be very long and packed after the game. On the way there we did get off the tram at Middlewood and there did appear to be spaces left in the car park about 90 minutes before the kick off. I had considered parking there myself but it doesn't really work for a southbound exit after the game. Wouldn't be such a problem for you going north though .
Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 12:05 - Sep 12 with 1206 viewsMaySixth

Heathrow

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 16:46 - Sep 12 with 1042 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 12:02 - Sep 12 by longtimefan

Last time I went by car I actually parked in Meadowhall and got the tram across. That worked fine, though the tram queues can be very long and packed after the game. On the way there we did get off the tram at Middlewood and there did appear to be spaces left in the car park about 90 minutes before the kick off. I had considered parking there myself but it doesn't really work for a southbound exit after the game. Wouldn't be such a problem for you going north though .

Coming from Leeds, Middlewood plus tram is my plan.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 994 viewsMetal_Hacker

For a small fee you can always park on my drive up here

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 18:10 - Sep 12 with 938 viewslizzibee

Last time I went (season before last) I just parked on the road to the ground free of charge and only a five minute walk away. Loads of free parking about very close to the ground
Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 19:27 - Sep 12 with 853 viewsnoggin

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 17:21 - Sep 12 by Metal_Hacker

For a small fee you can always park on my drive up here

For a small fee? Is that for wear to the drive?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 19:31]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Weds parking alternatives to Gatwick.... on 20:51 - Sep 16 with 538 viewsSaleAway

I parked up in Middlewood P&R... got the tram to the ground , but in hindsight should have just walked... quick stroll back to car after the game, exit to the north was quick and easy, and I was back in Manchester before 6:30.

Not that anyone needs any advice, because on today's showing, we won't be going there again very soon.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024