Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. 10:53 - Sep 4 with 7204 viewsKieranMcKenna1

And we’re waiting for him to prove his fitness before we sign him.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 6095 views_clive_baker_

Nope
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 6081 viewsHorsham

Where has that been reported?
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:00 - Sep 4 with 6017 viewsSitfcB

Was Tuanzebe at the game on Saturday? (n/t) by SitfcB 4 Sep 2023 10:34
This is what McKenna said…

“Yeah we’ve spoke with Axel over the last few weeks, he’s a player of really high pedigree who I know, he’s still not fully fit from the back injury he’s had over the last few months, we just need to wait until he’s fully back up to speed and reintegrated before we have further conversations with him”

Asked if he will be here on trial he said…

“I don’t really like using the word trial if I’m honest when you’re talking about a top pedigree player, it’s not a trial, I’m sure he’ll have a lot of interest when he’s fit and available. He’s a player we like and we have a space in the 23 man squad at the moment, we’ll continue to have conversations with him and try and do the right thing for the club and the player”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:04 - Sep 4 with 5948 viewsArchiRob

This is on this site -
McKenna added: “Axel’s a player I know very well [from Manchester United], a player of real high pedigree. He’s someone that we’re speaking to at the moment.

“He is not fully returned from his injury yet, so we’re continuing to have discussions with him as that process goes on.

“And there’s not too much more I can add at the moment. We’ve got a space in our squad available and Axel’s a free agent and a tremendous player, who has played at higher levels and would be attractive to any club, certainly at this level, so we’re speaking with him and we’ll continue to speak with him and see if it’s beneficial for us and the right thing for the player to join us at some stage.”
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:05 - Sep 4 with 5918 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:00 - Sep 4 by SitfcB

Was Tuanzebe at the game on Saturday? (n/t) by SitfcB 4 Sep 2023 10:34
This is what McKenna said…

“Yeah we’ve spoke with Axel over the last few weeks, he’s a player of really high pedigree who I know, he’s still not fully fit from the back injury he’s had over the last few months, we just need to wait until he’s fully back up to speed and reintegrated before we have further conversations with him”

Asked if he will be here on trial he said…

“I don’t really like using the word trial if I’m honest when you’re talking about a top pedigree player, it’s not a trial, I’m sure he’ll have a lot of interest when he’s fit and available. He’s a player we like and we have a space in the 23 man squad at the moment, we’ll continue to have conversations with him and try and do the right thing for the club and the player”

Makes total sense to me, he's unfit but when fit would be a big upgrade on what we have and he's in demand, so by bringing him in now, showing him the club and taking care of him, he's going to feel wanted to by Ipswich, even if say a Southampton could offer him more money.

This is working smart. Weird for us to see given the years of us trying to self sabotage ourselves in the transfer market and recruitment for years prior to the regime change.
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:35 - Sep 4 with 5636 viewsCityBlue

so basically we are waiting until the prognosis is that he will make a full recovery and then sign him before he is fully fit to stop competition.

I T I D

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:39 - Sep 4 with 5579 viewsPhilTWTD

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 10:55 - Sep 4 by Horsham

Where has that been reported?

Was a social media rumour on Friday.
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 5087 viewsUSA

My main concern is that he couldn’t agree terms with Luton despite impressing. (Reported on TWTD). That might not be money related but would seem likely that it was. If they couldn’t afford him, how will we?
Login to get fewer ads

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 5055 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 12:55 - Sep 4 by USA

My main concern is that he couldn’t agree terms with Luton despite impressing. (Reported on TWTD). That might not be money related but would seem likely that it was. If they couldn’t afford him, how will we?

The only reason he'd come here is our manager/staff. If they can sway him then why not try?
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 5039 viewsHerbivore

It's just as possible it was about the type or length of deal. They might have wanted to hedge their bets by only giving him a year or even offering a deal that was heavily weighted to appearances, whereas he might have wanted more stability than that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:06 - Sep 4 with 4952 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:00 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

It's just as possible it was about the type or length of deal. They might have wanted to hedge their bets by only giving him a year or even offering a deal that was heavily weighted to appearances, whereas he might have wanted more stability than that.

Or maybe, after spending a bit of time in Luton, he decided it wasn't the place for him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:07 - Sep 4 with 4953 viewsHorsham

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 11:39 - Sep 4 by PhilTWTD

Was a social media rumour on Friday.

So essentially the OP is rehashing that old chestnut!
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:44 - Sep 4 with 4715 viewsBlueBoots

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:06 - Sep 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or maybe, after spending a bit of time in Luton, he decided it wasn't the place for him.

Or trying to protect himself from back pain in later life with the number of times he'd have to bend down and pick the ball out of the back of the net this season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 14:02 - Sep 4 with 4572 viewsPhilTWTD

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 13:07 - Sep 4 by Horsham

So essentially the OP is rehashing that old chestnut!

I think it's extrapolating on KMc saying he isn't over his injury yet. Given they've not made a decision on him, I can't see that he's had a medical. Was strongly denied when I asked on Friday anyway.
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 4463 viewsGeoffSentence

According to McKenna, he's not an Ipswich player yet, but he wants Tuanzebe.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 14:21 - Sep 4 with 4396 viewsStu_boy

Maybe he heard we were interested and wanted to sign for a top club instead of a mediocre one who'll be in the championship again next season anyway
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:00 - Sep 4 with 4145 viewsWeWereZombies

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 14:21 - Sep 4 by Stu_boy

Maybe he heard we were interested and wanted to sign for a top club instead of a mediocre one who'll be in the championship again next season anyway

Taking a harder but perhaps more optimistic angle on that, he could be looking for a deal that both pays him well and gives a good chance of regular first team football, especially in the Premier League, for a few years. If Town can be the place for him to get his body sorted out, get a promotion on his CV and get known as an integral part of a defence that competes at the top level then we may have the edge over Luton.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:04 - Sep 4 with 4093 viewschicoazul

Bit weird being after a 25yo who has played what is it 78 games or something his entire career.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:14 - Sep 4 with 4030 viewsburnbudgiesburn

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:04 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

Bit weird being after a 25yo who has played what is it 78 games or something his entire career.

If we overlooked players injury records we'd have passed on Broadhead & Luongo.

If we get him fit and he stays fit, it would be an unbelieveable coup in my opinion. And we only get him because of McKenna links. I'm not counting chickens yet, he's a free agent and every chance we get gazumped despite that.

Imagine in 2020 during the dross we were seeing on the pitch if someone told you a Town side would include Brandon Williams & Axel Tuanzebe in 3 years time.
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:38 - Sep 4 with 3855 viewsExiled2Surrey

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:14 - Sep 4 by burnbudgiesburn

If we overlooked players injury records we'd have passed on Broadhead & Luongo.

If we get him fit and he stays fit, it would be an unbelieveable coup in my opinion. And we only get him because of McKenna links. I'm not counting chickens yet, he's a free agent and every chance we get gazumped despite that.

Imagine in 2020 during the dross we were seeing on the pitch if someone told you a Town side would include Brandon Williams & Axel Tuanzebe in 3 years time.

It is a remarkable change in fortunes given our previous history with the likes of David McGoldrick or Will Keane, although poor old GE or TJJ might not feel the same way...
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:52 - Sep 4 with 3731 viewsParky

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 14:02 - Sep 4 by PhilTWTD

I think it's extrapolating on KMc saying he isn't over his injury yet. Given they've not made a decision on him, I can't see that he's had a medical. Was strongly denied when I asked on Friday anyway.

When McKenna said we were trying to sign someone before the deadline on Friday, but that didn’t happen, any idea who that was alluding to, or was he talking about Tuanzebe?
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 17:15 - Sep 4 with 3428 viewsHerbivore

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:04 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

Sometimes people are unlucky and pick up a series of unconnected injuries that, in principle, shouldn't mean they are going to be at risk of repeatedly breaking down in future. That's in contrast to someone like Emyr Huws who had knees made of worn out Velcro. Our strategy with Tuanzebe helps us to work out which camp he falls into and gives him a chance to see if this is somewhere he wants to kickstart his career. If both sides see it as a good move we could be picking up someone who has shown top end Prem potential for absolutely nothing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 17:23 - Sep 4 with 3373 viewsPhilTWTD

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 15:52 - Sep 4 by Parky

When McKenna said we were trying to sign someone before the deadline on Friday, but that didn’t happen, any idea who that was alluding to, or was he talking about Tuanzebe?

Wasn't Tuanzebe, as I understand it.
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 18:56 - Sep 4 with 3013 viewsHorsham

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 17:23 - Sep 4 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't Tuanzebe, as I understand it.

‘Space in the 23 man squad’ slip of the tongue or a player who was assumed to being registered not being registered? Aluko?
So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 19:05 - Sep 4 with 2963 viewsPhilTWTD

So Tuanzebe did fail a medical.. on 18:56 - Sep 4 by Horsham

‘Space in the 23 man squad’ slip of the tongue or a player who was assumed to being registered not being registered? Aluko?

Did he say 23? He obviously meant 25 and I should have changed it. We've got a space since Edwards left assuming Nick Hayes is going to be left out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024