Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams sure does have a tackle in him! 17:39 - Sep 2 with 2037 viewsTown_Boy

Looked good when he came on in a difficult game

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 1988 viewsChorleyBoy

A harsh booking too - appeared to win the ball.
Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 17:51 - Sep 2 with 1901 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good on the ball. Great ping to Hutchinson for the goal. They got in behind again on the flick on at the death a bit more contact and would have been a huge penalty shout. But thought he done well.

Clarke has worried me all season but today really poor positionally and defensively. Didn’t stop any crossed coming in, at all. The right side in general is a concern to me but at least we have options on the bench going forward as well. Williams I imagine will start soon.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 17:54]
Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 18:50 - Sep 2 with 1707 viewsRegencyBlue

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 17:43 - Sep 2 by ChorleyBoy

He did, it wasn’t even a foul never mind a booking!
Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 18:57 - Sep 2 with 1671 viewsrkc123

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 18:50 - Sep 2 by RegencyBlue

He did, it wasn’t even a foul never mind a booking!

He absolutely wiped their player out from behind thought didn't he? Certainly looked like it from my view. I loved the commitment but even if he got the ball I thought it was a foul and probably a yellow.
Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 19:05 - Sep 2 with 1611 viewspointofblue

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 17:51 - Sep 2 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good on the ball. Great ping to Hutchinson for the goal. They got in behind again on the flick on at the death a bit more contact and would have been a huge penalty shout. But thought he done well.

Clarke has worried me all season but today really poor positionally and defensively. Didn’t stop any crossed coming in, at all. The right side in general is a concern to me but at least we have options on the bench going forward as well. Williams I imagine will start soon.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 17:54]

Yes, I suspect Williams will start at Hillsbrough, though he did have it wasier as Cardiff subbed Tanner at half time and moved Grant in field.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Williams did more defensively.... on 19:13 - Sep 2 with 1564 viewsBloots

...in the 20 minutes he was on the pitch than Clarke did in the 75 he was on it.

In fact Omari was more effective defensively than Clarke was.

It's a bit churlish to be negative after a great comeback win like that, but I watched Clarke very closely today and his defensive work was so bad that it was practically non-existent.

Cardiff clearly targeted him as a weak point and they were proven right.

But we won anyway.

So up yours taffies.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 20:04 - Sep 2 with 1390 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought it was a cracking tackle, surprised it was given as a free kick let alone a booking.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 20:47 - Sep 2 with 1252 views_clive_baker_

I said it at the end of last season and got pelters but I’m still not sure Harry Clarke is a particularly natural or comfortable defender. He was rarely exploited in L1 and in such a dominant side that he could impress going forward, but positionally and on his heels he doesn’t look up to it yet. Was found wanting against Leeds and again today against this level of opposition they saw a weakness and ruthlessly exploited it.

I thought Williams looked so much more comfortable, I would be very happy seeing how he kicks on at right back, we look more natural and balanced with him on.

Can’t be long before Taylor is asking serious questions of Luongo’s place either. Credit to Massimo, he’s been outstanding since he joined and performed so far ahead of expectations, but I think Taylor could be the future. Athletic, powerful, box to box and goal threat. I really like the look of him.

This international break is perhaps coming at a good time for us. 4 wins from 5, what a start. Chance to get on the training ground with a settled squad now and go again.
Login to get fewer ads

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 21:16 - Sep 2 with 1142 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Clarke was poor but in far from convinced he is over his injury or anywhere near full fitness. Probably needs a rest and more time. I expect Williams will start over him after the break.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Williams sure does have a tackle in him! on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 1119 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looked a very clean tackle. Got all the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024