Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Axel 20:33 - Sep 1 with 6824 viewspennblue

AXEL TUANZEBE

The centre-back Ipswich have been in talks with today is... Axel Tuanzebe.

A player that Kieran McKenna worked with at Manchester United. He's a free agent having been released this summer. Has recently been on trial at Luton.

Deal doesn't have to be done before 11pm because he's unattached.

Would imagine discussions will continue over the international break once tomorrow's game with Cardiff is out the way.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Axel on 20:34 - Sep 1 with 5145 viewsITFCBlues

Didn't he fail a medical at Luton?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Axel on 20:35 - Sep 1 with 5056 viewsJ2BLUE

Would be dangerous to leave it until then. Hope we get it done tonight.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Axel on 20:39 - Sep 1 with 4813 viewsHighgateBlue

Axel on 20:35 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Would be dangerous to leave it until then. Hope we get it done tonight.

IF this is true, as you say, dangerous to leave it until after today. It would mean that we would be over a barrel in that he would become pretty much our only option (remember Newcastle signing Sir Shefki!?)

Also, if we send Baggott out on loan and then can't replace him that wouldn't be too clever.

Anyway, trust the process...
Axel on 20:41 - Sep 1 with 4619 viewsAsa

Well if it's a case of hoping Tuanzebe stays fit or Edmundson stays fit I know which one I'd rather be nursing back to health.

Not long ago Napoli took him on loan. Can't imagine we'd be remotely interested unless we believed he was looking good now medically.
Axel on 20:43 - Sep 1 with 4485 viewsAlberto_the_frog

25 and only once made double figure appearances in a season. Still, another one known to Kieran, so he must believe he can get the best out of him.
Axel on 20:43 - Sep 1 with 4478 viewsHighgateBlue

Axel on 20:34 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

Didn't he fail a medical at Luton?

The Luton local press (!) reports that he impressed but they couldn't agree a deal. That was yesterday. It is conceivable that they couldn't agree because he had had a better offer.

I have absolutely no idea if we are even interested, but it would seem that mighty Premier League titans were interested and I have not seen any remotely credible source suggesting he failed a medical at Luton.

Mind you, there have been plenty of claims about him in the X-sphere and beyond, which is to be expected in this crazy day and age whenever a top premier league team releases a player.
Axel on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 4458 viewsBigCommon

You could see this being a complicated one to get done, given his fitness record..
Wages? Length of contract?.
You'd assume we'd try and get him on a low wage/ high appearance incentive, kind of deal.? Given our experiences from last seasons last minute signings.
Sounds a bit "punty" though... If hes fit, hes a decent Prem standard CB. If hes in the treatment room, then its a losing bet...
Guess you have to speculate sometimes.
Axel on 20:46 - Sep 1 with 4313 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Axel on 20:41 - Sep 1 by Asa

Well if it's a case of hoping Tuanzebe stays fit or Edmundson stays fit I know which one I'd rather be nursing back to health.

Not long ago Napoli took him on loan. Can't imagine we'd be remotely interested unless we believed he was looking good now medically.

Yeah 5 games in the last 2 years is not a great indicator. Got to keep the medical staff busy I guess...
Login to get fewer ads

Axel on 20:48 - Sep 1 with 4218 viewsHighgateBlue

Axel on 20:41 - Sep 1 by Asa

He's not going to be troubling Napoli's record appearance maker any time soon (let's call him Michele Millsio). I don't think he made a league start across a loan lasting for several months.

Not sure if he's the Napoli Mark Fish (Marco Pescare, obvs), but Napoli are not rubbing their hands at the deal they got.
Axel on 20:51 - Sep 1 with 4015 viewsAsa

Axel on 20:48 - Sep 1 by HighgateBlue

He's not going to be troubling Napoli's record appearance maker any time soon (let's call him Michele Millsio). I don't think he made a league start across a loan lasting for several months.

Not sure if he's the Napoli Mark Fish (Marco Pescare, obvs), but Napoli are not rubbing their hands at the deal they got.

He may well prove to be an absolute waste of wages and something we look back on as WTF.

On the other hand if he is now fit and stays fit, we've got a centre back whose ability is a Top 6-8 Premier League club. In the Championship!

We can take the odd punt like this because it could work out.
Axel on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 3954 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Small point of order.

Why would KMc be saying "Possibly, one in, one out.....there's still 9 hours to go"
If there was no need to do it before 11pm?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Axel on 20:53 - Sep 1 with 3891 viewsITFC1977

Axel on 20:43 - Sep 1 by Alberto_the_frog

25 and only once made double figure appearances in a season. Still, another one known to Kieran, so he must believe he can get the best out of him.

Look at Leif Davis’s stats and appearances, take into account he didn’t play for Manchester United and see that your stat is looking at it from the most negative stance you possibly could. Is it a risk, yes, do we have 10 million to spend on a defender, no, it comes down to do you trust McKenna or yourself? I know my answer.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 20:56]
Axel on 20:56 - Sep 1 with 3735 viewsParky

Wonder how many targets we’ve missed out on over the summer. Tuanzebe got released at the end of June, it’s not like we’ve not had time if he was a main target.

FWIW, if we do sign him and he stays fit, would be a decent signing.
Axel on 20:57 - Sep 1 with 3632 viewsDJR

What is in the OP repeats what the EADT reported at 8.30pm, so there must be a fair bit of truth in it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 20:58]
Axel on 20:57 - Sep 1 with 3630 viewsAsa

Axel on 20:56 - Sep 1 by Parky

Wonder how many targets we’ve missed out on over the summer. Tuanzebe got released at the end of June, it’s not like we’ve not had time if he was a main target.

FWIW, if we do sign him and he stays fit, would be a decent signing.

Sometimes players aren't main targets for reasons other than they aren't top of the list.

If Tuanzebe is now fit and raring to go and he's had interest from Luton and Udinese and Union Berlin for example, are we even going to consider him.

If it's late August or early September and he's still free then suddenly he may be at the top of the list above others that were previously top of the list.
Axel on 20:58 - Sep 1 with 3598 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Axel on 20:52 - Sep 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Small point of order.

Why would KMc be saying "Possibly, one in, one out.....there's still 9 hours to go"
If there was no need to do it before 11pm?

I think we'd have loaned out either Baggot or Fridge if he'd signed before 11pm today.
Axel on 20:58 - Sep 1 with 3599 viewsHighgateBlue

Axel on 20:51 - Sep 1 by Asa

He may well prove to be an absolute waste of wages and something we look back on as WTF.

On the other hand if he is now fit and stays fit, we've got a centre back whose ability is a Top 6-8 Premier League club. In the Championship!

We can take the odd punt like this because it could work out.

Yes, I see that and I agree. I am not sure where these rumours have come from, and whether they have any legs whatsoever or not. But if KMac is interested, then I suspend all and any disbelief and just trust the guy. Brandon Williams has not been an unmitigated success so far, but the process must be trusted, because one Man Utd import that was VERY definitely no mistake was Sir K of Mac. He'll know if Axel T is an Axel F, or an Axel Z. Can't get that tune out of my head now...
Axel on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 3410 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Axel on 20:58 - Sep 1 by burnbudgiesburn

I think we'd have loaned out either Baggot or Fridge if he'd signed before 11pm today.

Still 2 hours to go.

How do you know the loan of Baggott isn't done, pending signing someone else.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Axel on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 3393 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Axel on 20:57 - Sep 1 by DJR

What is in the OP repeats what the EADT reported at 8.30pm, so there must be a fair bit of truth in it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 20:58]

Now confirmed by Big Phil!
Axel on 21:01 - Sep 1 with 3347 viewsDJR

Axel on 20:58 - Sep 1 by HighgateBlue

Yes, I see that and I agree. I am not sure where these rumours have come from, and whether they have any legs whatsoever or not. But if KMac is interested, then I suspend all and any disbelief and just trust the guy. Brandon Williams has not been an unmitigated success so far, but the process must be trusted, because one Man Utd import that was VERY definitely no mistake was Sir K of Mac. He'll know if Axel T is an Axel F, or an Axel Z. Can't get that tune out of my head now...

As I said above, the OP repeats word for word what the EADT is reporting.
Axel on 21:03 - Sep 1 with 3251 viewsHighgateBlue

Axel on 21:00 - Sep 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Still 2 hours to go.

Purely because Stuart Watson "understands" that no more business will be done tonight. Make of that what you will.
Axel on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 3159 viewsJDB23

Axel on 21:00 - Sep 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Still 2 hours to go.

Stu and Phil both reporting our business is done for the window both in and out. Pretty disappointing really, feel we’re still short in a couple areas and obviously have missed out on targets. Hopefully we can stay injury free until January.
Axel on 21:11 - Sep 1 with 2983 viewsDJR

Axel on 21:05 - Sep 1 by JDB23

Stu and Phil both reporting our business is done for the window both in and out. Pretty disappointing really, feel we’re still short in a couple areas and obviously have missed out on targets. Hopefully we can stay injury free until January.

I don't feel disappointed at all. We now have 4 options to play striker, with two of them Jackson and Scarlett able to play out wide. As regards centre back, we have Baggott, Edmundson, Woolfenden, Burgess and Ball in an emergency, with a player McKenna knows (Axel) in the offing.
Axel on 21:13 - Sep 1 with 2943 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Must be desperate if it has come down to this. How
many have we missed out on? We have needed a CB all summer!!!!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 21:14]
Axel on 21:20 - Sep 1 with 2801 viewsIllinoisblue

Axel on 21:13 - Sep 1 by Naylorsrightboot

Must be desperate if it has come down to this. How
many have we missed out on? We have needed a CB all summer!!!!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2023 21:14]

I see you are foomin here AND in the news stories comments.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024