Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Palmer 12:02 - Sep 1 with 1890 viewsHerbivore

Another one we've missed out on, gone to Chelsea for £42.5m.

Fees have gone nuts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cole Palmer on 12:13 - Sep 1 with 1804 viewsgaryinavault

Not sure he was attainable for us. He wanted regular first team football, and Pep highly rated him, he just couldn't break through into the current City team understandabley. I think he will be in Chelsea's plans fully.

The players we are currently attracting aren't near first team premiership candidates.
Cole Palmer on 12:18 - Sep 1 with 1768 views_clive_baker_

It's obviously a ludicrous amount of money for someone with 3 PL starts to his name, but for a 21 year old, English, attacking player who has been bigged up to the extent he has in recent years, and done so well for England U21s this summer, it feels an odd move from City. I can only assume they've come to the conclusion that he's perhaps not going to reach the heights they thought he was. It's not like they need the money when you consider they're happy to have just spent £30m on 29 year old Kovacic and £55m on Nunes from Wolves.

It's the sort of signing that's kind of high risk for both parties. Risk for Chelsea is he flops, but even then they'll get a couple of loan fees off lesser PL sides and then get half their investment back from a Fulham or Bournemouth. Risk to City if he does well, £40m might look cheap in a couple of years.
Cole Palmer on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 1587 viewsHelp

Chelsea have spent stupid money
Cole Palmer on 13:07 - Sep 1 with 1569 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Just what is Ashton doing? Now we'll have to settle for our 2nd choice target on a loan.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Cole Palmer on 13:08 - Sep 1 with 1557 viewsiamatractorboy

Cole Palmer on 12:13 - Sep 1 by garyinavault

Not sure he was attainable for us. He wanted regular first team football, and Pep highly rated him, he just couldn't break through into the current City team understandabley. I think he will be in Chelsea's plans fully.

The players we are currently attracting aren't near first team premiership candidates.

I could be wrong, but I think the OP may have been slightly tongue-in-cheek.
Cole Palmer on 13:09 - Sep 1 with 1552 viewsHerbivore

Cole Palmer on 13:07 - Sep 1 by JammyDodgerrr

Just what is Ashton doing? Now we'll have to settle for our 2nd choice target on a loan.

We've moved on to Carlton Palmer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cole Palmer on 13:12 - Sep 1 with 1521 viewsBloomBlue

I always enjoyed watching his dad Steve play for Town
Cole Palmer on 13:14 - Sep 1 with 1505 viewsMetal_Hacker

Bl00dy FFP

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Palmer on 13:17 - Sep 1 with 1480 viewsgaryinavault

Cole Palmer on 13:14 - Sep 1 by Metal_Hacker

Bl00dy FFP

doesn't apply to Chelsea apparently
Cole Palmer on 13:23 - Sep 1 with 1445 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cole Palmer on 13:17 - Sep 1 by garyinavault

doesn't apply to Chelsea apparently

T'was tongue in cheek

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cole Palmer on 13:24 - Sep 1 with 1437 viewsDubtractor

Oh mate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cole Palmer on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 1428 viewsgaryinavault

Cole Palmer on 13:23 - Sep 1 by Metal_Hacker

T'was tongue in cheek

I'm terrible at detecting that today, sorry everyone!
Cole Palmer on 13:26 - Sep 1 with 1408 viewsgreyhound

Cole Palmer on 13:24 - Sep 1 by Dubtractor

Oh mate.

It's been in Facebook groups since the start of summer that we should target him on loan. Comical
Cole Palmer on 13:30 - Sep 1 with 1379 viewsJDB23

Cole Palmer on 13:26 - Sep 1 by greyhound

It's been in Facebook groups since the start of summer that we should target him on loan. Comical

Him and Elanga would have been decent backup to Burns and Broady tbf, Ashton out.
Cole Palmer on 13:40 - Sep 1 with 1310 viewsMookamoo

Cole Palmer on 13:06 - Sep 1 by Help

Chelsea have spent stupid money

Its been going south for a while now, but have Chelsea actually broken football in this country? £42 Million for Cole Palmer is bonkers.

If they can just circumvent FFP rules, then at what point does it all implode?
Cole Palmer on 13:45 - Sep 1 with 1278 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Cole Palmer on 13:40 - Sep 1 by Mookamoo

Its been going south for a while now, but have Chelsea actually broken football in this country? £42 Million for Cole Palmer is bonkers.

If they can just circumvent FFP rules, then at what point does it all implode?

I’ve been thinking that for the last 20 years but the house of cards keep standing!

Remember back in the day the madness of Leeds buying players on 20 year loans, way past their playing days. 40k a week for Seth Johnson was hilarious but looks like chicken feed now.

Chelsea must have the same accountant as Enron.
Cole Palmer on 13:53 - Sep 1 with 1244 viewsMookamoo

Cole Palmer on 13:45 - Sep 1 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve been thinking that for the last 20 years but the house of cards keep standing!

Remember back in the day the madness of Leeds buying players on 20 year loans, way past their playing days. 40k a week for Seth Johnson was hilarious but looks like chicken feed now.

Chelsea must have the same accountant as Enron.

Leeds still haven't really recovered from that era. Chelsea will be trouble if the wind changes direction.

I know a couple of people now that have cancelled their Sky Sports subscriptions in the last few months now the interest rates/energy prices are really beginning to bite. The Saudi money is not helping, but it seems Chelsea would in trouble without factoring that in.

There are a lot of people going 'la la la' with their fingers in their ears at the moment.
Cole Palmer on 13:56 - Sep 1 with 1198 viewsVaughan8

Yeah he wanted first team football so he'd never come here. He'd barely make the bench
Cole Palmer on 15:49 - Sep 1 with 1039 viewsBloomBlue

Cole Palmer on 13:56 - Sep 1 by Vaughan8

Yeah he wanted first team football so he'd never come here. He'd barely make the bench

Plus apparently there is a photo on Facebook which gives the impression he has 3 chins, clearly not fit enough
Cole Palmer on 15:54 - Sep 1 with 1014 viewschicoazul

Cole Palmer on 13:53 - Sep 1 by Mookamoo

Leeds still haven't really recovered from that era. Chelsea will be trouble if the wind changes direction.

I know a couple of people now that have cancelled their Sky Sports subscriptions in the last few months now the interest rates/energy prices are really beginning to bite. The Saudi money is not helping, but it seems Chelsea would in trouble without factoring that in.

There are a lot of people going 'la la la' with their fingers in their ears at the moment.

There is absolutely enormous growth potential for the Premier League but not in the UK. The biggest clubs are almost at the point of not caring about the domestic market anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024