Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rude awakening this 15:26 - Aug 26 with 4841 viewsacj

Hladky has been found out. Let’s hope Walton is back sooner rather than later.

Leeds look a massive step up from the sides we’ve faced so far to be fair.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Rude awakening this on 21:11 - Aug 27 with 755 viewsMeadowlark

I think he's better than Walton.
Much more confident with the ball at his feet, great shot stopper and a good kick when necessary.
He made a couple of mistakes today, but so did others, and Walton certainly does not have a fault free record.
But, Hladky is our number one for the next few weeks at least, so like him or not please get behind him and the rest of our "dodgy" defence.
Rude awakening this on 21:16 - Aug 27 with 751 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rude awakening this on 20:47 - Aug 26 by acj

This post is out of order GB, have a word with yourself.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

But getting back to your point. Was Walton found out when he gifted three goals to Charlton at the Valley last season? Was he found out when he dropped an easy catch onto the head of a Sunderland striker, in a game we were looking very comfortable in the season before last? Of course he wasn't.

Hladky has stepped up and made some game saving saves. We'd certainly be 4 points worse off if he hadn't made those game changing saves against Sunderland and QPR.

So get behind our player and stop panicking at the first sign of a mistake.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rude awakening this on 21:58 - Aug 27 with 696 viewsStewart27

Rude awakening this on 21:11 - Aug 27 by Meadowlark

I think he's better than Walton.
Much more confident with the ball at his feet, great shot stopper and a good kick when necessary.
He made a couple of mistakes today, but so did others, and Walton certainly does not have a fault free record.
But, Hladky is our number one for the next few weeks at least, so like him or not please get behind him and the rest of our "dodgy" defence.

Walton is really good with the ball at his feet.
Rude awakening this on 00:57 - Aug 28 with 653 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not sure it was a rude awakening as much as confirmation of what we suspected. I think most of us were elated with those first three wins, but I'm not sure anyone thought that we were suddenly going to walk through teams that have just come down from the PL.

If we continue playing as we have done (bar first half on Saturday), we'll win plenty of games against most of the teams in this division.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Rude awakening this on 09:39 - Aug 28 with 571 viewspowinswitch

Rude awakening this on 21:16 - Aug 27 by GlasgowBlue

I wasn't being entirely serious.

But getting back to your point. Was Walton found out when he gifted three goals to Charlton at the Valley last season? Was he found out when he dropped an easy catch onto the head of a Sunderland striker, in a game we were looking very comfortable in the season before last? Of course he wasn't.

Hladky has stepped up and made some game saving saves. We'd certainly be 4 points worse off if he hadn't made those game changing saves against Sunderland and QPR.

So get behind our player and stop panicking at the first sign of a mistake.

Does that mean you were being partly serious then? I think a problem with the internet is that it is two dimensional, and the ability to infer, and detect irony is significantly reduced.

Football, and our club in particular is something we are all passionate about. We should perhaps remember that everybody wants the best for the club (well those who support the club do anyway). The op made his post at 25 past three during the game, and I think admitted before your post that he got caught up in the emotion. Your post doesn’t add anything to the debate. you are aggressively telling him he is wrong

You are not alone. Whilst I have addressed this to you, you are by no means the only one, and I don’t think you are the worst. It happens far too often. This is a forum. The ability to discuss and debate without resorting to name calling, threats etc, is the mark of a mature adult. The standard of this forum is less than it should be due to a number of prolific posters who want to control certain discussions. Most of them, including you are intelligent, mature and often make valid, good points. But the addition of name calling, or offers of violence undermines things

You plonker! That is said with irony, but I assume you will know that.
Rude awakening this on 21:14 - Aug 28 with 455 viewsGeomorph

What a bell end
Rude awakening this on 21:42 - Aug 28 with 401 viewsWicklowBlue

Rude awakening this on 20:47 - Aug 26 by acj

You’re absolutely right there - keepers get punished in a way that no other position does.

Thought he had a real torrid first half today, but it says a lot about him that he was able to come out second half and perform as well as he did without letting his mistakes effect him. Happy to hold my hands up and say I was OTT with the OP - as I’ve said above, heat of the moment frustration after a horror show 10 minute spell.

Let's remember that the OP posted during the first half and has stated Hladky was better in the 2nd half, along with that their first post was probably OTT, as have been a number of replies!!!

I believe another post discussed players still getting up to speed with Championship levels. Leeds brought one of the most talented (millions wise) forward line and shook our defense for a period of time.

Yes we need to strengthen and we have injuries but players will be adjusting and learning too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024