Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? 14:35 - Aug 23 with 1342 viewsRonFearonsHair

You live in Berkshire so join the Official ITFC Thames Valley Supporters Club, who are allocated up to 200 tickets for Reading away to sell to its members, irrespective of away points. In fact I’m sure the new web portal could automatically assign you to the appropriate one and then make contact to see whether you would like to be in the ballot.
Is there a reason I’m missing as to why this would be a bad idea or wouldn’t work?
Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 1331 viewsSitfcB

Saw this on FB earlier…

Finally heard back from the club regarding tickets for away games!

Good afternoon, [REDACTED]

Thank you for your email below which has been passed to us from our customer service team.

We as a club are very aware of supporters suggesting they are buying tickets to earn the point and then either selling on/not attending the match in question. This is something we are monitoring and understand our approach to this is to resolve and prevent this issue so please bear with put anything we can in place.

In response to your question regarding the supporters' branches, we are working with the Official Supporters Club to work out a long-term strategy to help branches from near and far get access to match tickets where needed. As you can imagine the Suporters Club have been inundated with requests for new branches so they are collating this information so we can formulate this strategy.

Sorry I cannot give more detailed information in response to your questions, but I can assure you we are working move things forward on both matters highlighted.

Regards,

Gavin

Gavin Preston| Head of Ticketing
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 14:36]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 14:38 - Aug 23 with 1304 viewsRonFearonsHair

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 14:36 - Aug 23 by SitfcB

Saw this on FB earlier…

Thank you for your email below which has been passed to us from our customer service team.

We as a club are very aware of supporters suggesting they are buying tickets to earn the point and then either selling on/not attending the match in question. This is something we are monitoring and understand our approach to this is to resolve and prevent this issue so please bear with put anything we can in place.

In response to your question regarding the supporters' branches, we are working with the Official Supporters Club to work out a long-term strategy to help branches from near and far get access to match tickets where needed. As you can imagine the Suporters Club have been inundated with requests for new branches so they are collating this information so we can formulate this strategy.

Sorry I cannot give more detailed information in response to your questions, but I can assure you we are working move things forward on both matters highlighted.

Regards,

Gavin

Oh nice, thanks for sharing.
Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 15:08 - Aug 23 with 1209 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

I live in Berkshire, and there isn't a Berkshire ITFC Supporters Club branch. There are quite a few fans in and around Berkshire (plus Frimmers), but it's time consuming to run a supporters club branch and I personally don't have the time.
The other issue is that Members with priority points might have an issue with local branches taking tickets....... Not an easy one to resolve.

Poll: would you rather

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 15:51 - Aug 23 with 1103 viewsIllinoisblue

Saw this on FB earlier…

Regards,

Gavin

Sheff Weds are on it:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/ticket-boost-for-long-distance-owls/

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 15:54 - Aug 23 with 1084 viewsPhilTWTD

Saw this on FB earlier…

Regards,

Gavin

That's good re the branches as was mentioned to me that some of the away coaches wouldn't be running because of the new membership scheme and how tickets are allocated.
Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 16:36 - Aug 23 with 955 viewstextbackup

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 15:08 - Aug 23 by LegendofthePhoenix

I live in Berkshire, and there isn't a Berkshire ITFC Supporters Club branch. There are quite a few fans in and around Berkshire (plus Frimmers), but it's time consuming to run a supporters club branch and I personally don't have the time.
The other issue is that Members with priority points might have an issue with local branches taking tickets....... Not an easy one to resolve.

I’d have an issue with ‘locals’ getting allocated tickets ahead of paying members.

£40 to have someone jump the queue. Na

If the locals were members too then I’d accept it, but you can’t flog a £40 membership and have them people not given a chance to get a ticket.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 16:38 - Aug 23 with 940 viewstextbackup

Saw this on FB earlier…

Regards,

Gavin

Who’s the grass?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 844 viewsMullet

Whatever happened to regional Supporters Clubs? on 15:54 - Aug 23 by PhilTWTD

That's good re the branches as was mentioned to me that some of the away coaches wouldn't be running because of the new membership scheme and how tickets are allocated.

Potentially frustrating in the interim, and kind of annoying that as branches have become antiquated and forgotten for most they sort of run contrary to the new system.

I think there were 4 or 5 coaches at the Stoke game and the club staff had no idea how to park them up, seemed to cause a bit of an issue given they used to park in a line up the road before the bus station by the play area (can't remember its name)

Seems the interest is up all over, so the trend towards meeting up with people across the country for away trips, lift sharing etc. which has replaced branches mostly thanks to social media and habits might see some more changes. Halesworth ran a full coach to Stoke and if it continues will go back to the old days of two coaches a game (I can't see it just yet).

The biggest issue is the work involved and sh1t you get has put the a lot of people off, I've heard so much about old branches and the person just "moving on" etc who took charge. The club themselves under Evans were as you'd expect from what I can gather.

Obviously I've got a vested interest in games up here going to people like me with a post code closer to the stadium, but I've also had to buy a membership and suck up starting again. If a load of people jumped the queue (compared to when I looked to lose out on Fleetwood away last season suddenly because of when it fell despite going to all the games previously), I'd be unhappy too.

Those diehards who go every game and beyond them being denied priority isn't right either, not that there's an away end where that could happen. The club are in a bit of a bind as I do think they might have rushed this system out without foreseeing potential problems like this.

I still believe if people sell on tickets for priority points it should be like any other club and you lose your privileges and go back to zero. That'd stamp it out and level the field a bit. It's difficult as what constitutes fairness when it comes to branch membership. Joining a local branch so you can go to one game season seems off to most people, but for some people that might be all they can/want to attend.

I reckon the club will have to consider a move like administering and enrolling people automatically into regional branches now, and set aside tickets for them if they intend to honour that system - a whole hornet's nest of its own that!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024