Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling 15:10 - Aug 21 with 1538 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

up from London on Saturday. Engineering works AND a possible strike on the trains, then if you drive there's the dreaded A12 roadworks.

Anyone got a pogo stick I can borrow?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:13 - Aug 21 with 1487 viewsunbelievablue

What are the roadworks atm?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:15 - Aug 21 with 1467 viewstextbackup

Train strikes confirmed, aren’t they??

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:16 - Aug 21 with 1472 viewsexeterblue10

I've ditched the plan to get the train and am driving up the night before. Bus replacement on a bank holiday weekend, honestly?
Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:16 - Aug 21 with 1467 viewsbluelagos

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:13 - Aug 21 by unbelievablue

What are the roadworks atm?

South of Chelmsford - around 5 miles of thin lanes average speed cameras.

Marks Tey to Tollgate - couple of miles of thin lanes, average speed cameras.

At weekends they sometimes dump the traffic off and back on A12 at Marks Tey adding a few more minutes.

Edit: Doesn't look like any closures this weekend.
https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/east/a12-junction-25-marks-tey-to-junct
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 15:19]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:17 - Aug 21 with 1455 viewsunbelievablue

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:16 - Aug 21 by bluelagos

At weekends they sometimes dump the traffic off and back on A12 at Marks Tey adding a few more minutes.

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/east/a12-junction-25-marks-tey-to-junct

Cheers, will come back Friday then.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 1416 viewsbluelagos

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:17 - Aug 21 by unbelievablue

Cheers, will come back Friday then.

Get a motorbike and just boot it down the middle of the stationary cars :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:42 - Aug 21 with 1362 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:15 - Aug 21 by textbackup

Train strikes confirmed, aren’t they??

Not sure if they're confirmed but the Trainline website is saying "Rail strikes will impact travel on this day."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:49 - Aug 21 with 1315 viewsStrimmer

The strikes dont seem to have much or any effect on the timetable of the London to Ipswich line, even allowing for the rail replacement. Normal or near-normal services according to the greater anglia site. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/strikes Some of the smaller lines are closed, like the felixtowe line.

What the impact on general service will be remains to be seen

Poll: Was it a punch?

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 16:45 - Aug 21 with 1183 viewsPhilTWTD

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 20:02 - Aug 21 with 911 viewsPendejo

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:16 - Aug 21 by bluelagos

Drive up on day of Stoke game; Mark's Try only took 30 mins, and the 50mph South of Chelmsford was fine then, and yesterday.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 21:29 - Aug 21 with 811 viewsLower_North

Surprised I haven't seen a thread on it, but looking like a nightmare travelling on 15:49 - Aug 21 by Strimmer

The strikes dont seem to have much or any effect on the timetable of the London to Ipswich line, even allowing for the rail replacement. Normal or near-normal services according to the greater anglia site. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/strikes Some of the smaller lines are closed, like the felixtowe line.

What the impact on general service will be remains to be seen

Coming in from Yarmouth Saturday. Was told yesterday at the station that 90% of trains are running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024