Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought we were bang average at QPR 15:12 - Aug 21 with 2363 viewsMaySixth

and a bit lucky to win but taking it all day long

expectations firmly in check tbh - if we make the play-offs will be delighted

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 2069 viewsBiGDonnie

Bang average.

62% possession, 7 more shots, 188 more successful passes and we were away.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:22 - Aug 21 with 2053 viewsWallingford_Boy

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:21 - Aug 21 by BiGDonnie

Bang average.

They also hit both posts and the crossbar and somehow missed an open goal from two yards!

So I do get the OP's point, we could have been 3 down before we scored.

RIP Sir Bobby

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:24 - Aug 21 with 2042 viewsitfcsuth

Bang average is doing a huge disservice to the everybody at the club.

We will see far more games like that away from home this season - teams will have a lot more of the ball than we saw in L1, but we have to work diligently defensively, ride our luck, and be a real threat on the counter punch with our quality.
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:27 - Aug 21 with 2024 viewsSWBlue22

Coming out on the winning side of these games will be the difference between play offs or not.Not at our best riding our luck but finding a way to win.
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:28 - Aug 21 with 2002 viewsBlueBadger

Your punditry insights are up there with your Definite Info in quality mate.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:33 - Aug 21 with 1948 viewsHerbivore

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:22 - Aug 21 by Wallingford_Boy

They also hit both posts and the crossbar and somehow missed an open goal from two yards!

Burns missed a free header from about 4 yards early doors. I don't get why some are obsessed with putting a negative spin on everything. If Armstrong's shot that hit both posts had gone in it would have gone down as an excellent goal, it's not like he missed a sitter. We had better chances than that ourselves that we didn't take.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:35 - Aug 21 with 1932 viewsSomethingBlue

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:33 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

Burns missed a free header from about 4 yards early doors. I don't get why some are obsessed with putting a negative spin on everything. If Armstrong's shot that hit both posts had gone in it would have gone down as an excellent goal, it's not like he missed a sitter. We had better chances than that ourselves that we didn't take.

Yes and Burns' chance was the best of the lot – probably even better than the daft-looking one they missed as he was able to watch it all the way and get right around it, it didn't just ping into him. Seems to have been glossed over.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:37 - Aug 21 with 1918 viewsjayessess

I think performance wise we've been roughly in line with my expectations.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:37 - Aug 21 with 1911 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:21 - Aug 21 by BiGDonnie

Bang average.

Yeah, you win more games than you don't with those stats.

I thought we controlled 90% of the game well, but we were lucky not to concede first.

A good away performance, bar a couple of moments of sloppiness
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:40 - Aug 21 with 1879 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

When did they hit the crossbar? I don't remember that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:40 - Aug 21 with 1874 viewsHerbivore

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:35 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Yes and Burns' chance was the best of the lot – probably even better than the daft-looking one they missed as he was able to watch it all the way and get right around it, it didn't just ping into him. Seems to have been glossed over.

Agreed. Much as their miss looks incredible, it pings at him from about a yard away and he doesn't have time to sort his feet out, so it just hits him and goes wide. We got a bit lucky for sure, but the Burns miss was a genuine sitter, especially as he's not bad in the air. He watches it all the way and only has to direct it on target.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:41 - Aug 21 with 1858 viewspointofblue

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:37 - Aug 21 by jayessess

I think performance wise we've been roughly in line with my expectations.

Stoke was far better than I expected. I did not expect us to be dominated by ten men at Sunderland whilst 2-0 up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:41 - Aug 21 with 1866 viewsBarcaBlue

You said exactly the same after the Sunderland match, twice, once on here and then on their forum. Bit embarrassing especially if you went on the QPR forum and did the same. You haven't have you?
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:43 - Aug 21 with 1832 viewsBiGDonnie

It's football it happens. I went and thought for the majority of the match we controlled them and deserved the win. Hladky saved their shot that hit both posts and Begovic didn't save Chaplins that went in.

To say we were bang average is just stupid IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 1825 viewsNutkins_Return

Let's never give the opposition any credit. Pets never consider effort, desire and battling as part of a criteria for a performance.

I thought our passing was slightly off but it was a really professional performance.
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 1824 viewstextbackup

It wasn’t our finest game, but it’s another 3 points and we’ve dug in and got it.
Been so impressed/proud at each win so far, all for different reasons.
Showing we have many aspects of our game to us these days

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 1798 viewsMaySixth

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:24 - Aug 21 by itfcsuth

Bang average is doing a huge disservice to the everybody at the club.

We will see far more games like that away from home this season - teams will have a lot more of the ball than we saw in L1, but we have to work diligently defensively, ride our luck, and be a real threat on the counter punch with our quality.

No, bang average is what I thought of our performance.

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:47 - Aug 21 with 1785 viewsMaySixth

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:41 - Aug 21 by BarcaBlue

You said exactly the same after the Sunderland match, twice, once on here and then on their forum. Bit embarrassing especially if you went on the QPR forum and did the same. You haven't have you?

Have a check.
You clearly are obsessed.

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:54 - Aug 21 with 1725 viewsStewart27

I guess you are too young to remember the last time we were bang average in the championship.
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 16:01 - Aug 21 with 1683 viewsTractorWood

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:33 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

Only saw the highlights. Great win imo. Burns' miss was ridiculous. Was literally 4 yards out.

What a start to the season though. Morsy and Luongo is iconic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 16:19 - Aug 21 with 1577 viewsbaxterbasics

If that was us being average I can't wait for the team to hit a run of good form!

Seriously though, there was some luck involved in not being 1 or 2 behind at the break. Re-watching the highlights it is clear our backline was having a struggle.

But as King Kieran said himself this is what it's going to be like now. No more easy wins.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 16:25 - Aug 21 with 1523 viewsPowrigan

Is playing “bang average” and still winning not a good sign?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 16:30]
Thought we were bang average at QPR on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 1512 viewshomer_123

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:46 - Aug 21 by MaySixth

No, bang average is what I thought of our performance.

And still came home with 3 points.

Maybe you've been spoilt......

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 1363 viewsjayessess

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 15:41 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

Stoke was far better than I expected. I did not expect us to be dominated by ten men at Sunderland whilst 2-0 up.

Thought Sunderland we let ourselves defend a lead when we should've been front foot, but the performance up to minute 80 was pretty much spot on.

QPR felt like our bad away games last season - Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol Rovers etc. - where the opposition found a way to stifle us a fair bit and that earned them opportunities at goal, but that ultimately it was still a worse team finding a way to cope with a better team.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 17:55]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Thought we were bang average at QPR on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 1312 viewsHipsterectomy

We were poor in the first half for sure.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024