Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football 11:52 - Aug 21 with 7737 viewsEireannach_gorm

Wonder did he use his tongue?
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:56 - Aug 23 with 2459 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fat fingered down vote of op cancelled out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:02 - Aug 23 with 2435 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:56 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fat fingered down vote of op cancelled out.

In light of him also downing Leitrim's post, I doubt him doing same to the OP was a fatfinger tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:05 - Aug 23 with 2428 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:02 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

In light of him also downing Leitrim's post, I doubt him doing same to the OP was a fatfinger tbh.

I was referring to my own. He hasn't cancelled anything out and I wouldn't know why if he had done.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:05 - Aug 23 with 2423 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:54 - Aug 23 by Swansea_Blue

Comments from the pair of them since seem to suggest this is normal for them. Which leads to one obvious question: how can I become the Spanish FA president?

The immediate comment in the changing rooms was she didn't like it. The story that it was normal came some time later but before his half arsed apology. If she didn't like it then attempts to normalise the action just make it worse. Not sure I really get why you think it's something to laugh at.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:08 - Aug 23 with 2415 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:02 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

I was referring to my own. He hasn't cancelled anything out and I wouldn't know why if he had done.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 2400 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 21:08 - Aug 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, I hadn't re-visited the votes. I thought you meant you'd cancelled out wellhungphil's downvote of the OP by upvoting it yourself.

Just goes to show - if there can be that degree of misunderstanding over something so simple & trivial, how do international negotiatons ever succeed without WW3 being started? 😂

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 2320 viewsBigCommon

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:13 - Aug 23 by eireblue

“ You're speculating …..I’m guessing she…”

Spectacular.

The irony was clearly lost on you.....
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:15 - Aug 24 with 2297 viewseireblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 10:50 - Aug 24 by BigCommon

The irony was clearly lost on you.....

Yea, it’s just a shame you had those previous posts, making exactly the same point, and you let yourself down a bit on the reading comprehension when referencing Sunak.

See if it wasn’t for that….maybe the irony comeback would have worked,…but unfortunately…..it just looks like a bit of a weak retort, to try and row back on your silly comment.
Login to get fewer ads

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:31 - Aug 24 with 2281 viewsBigCommon

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:15 - Aug 24 by eireblue

Yea, it’s just a shame you had those previous posts, making exactly the same point, and you let yourself down a bit on the reading comprehension when referencing Sunak.

See if it wasn’t for that….maybe the irony comeback would have worked,…but unfortunately…..it just looks like a bit of a weak retort, to try and row back on your silly comment.

In your opinion....
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:44 - Aug 24 with 2266 viewseireblue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:31 - Aug 24 by BigCommon

In your opinion....

Not really, see Irony has a specific definition that is well understood, apart from Alanis Morissette, who confuses Irony with a series of unfortunately timed events.

I guess your posts, I would agree, are rather unfortunate if you are using the Alanis definition.

But entirely feasible for you to objectively explain, how misreading a post and making the same point again, fits the non-Alanis definition of irony.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 2221 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://fb.watch/mDf6JwAbNm/

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 18:17 - Aug 24 with 2214 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 18:02 - Aug 24 by Eireannach_gorm

https://fb.watch/mDf6JwAbNm/

He could have come out immediately with a full and sincere apology instead of responding to criticism by calling it idiotic and ridiculous. He then made it clear that he had been asked to apologise. If he had responded as he should the focus would be back.on the women's achievement and not on Rubiales' face grabbing and kissing. I saw on The Guardian or BBC that he was also seen grabbing his crotch on the medal podium. Hopefully he resigns tomorrow and the focus can switch back.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 01:57 - Aug 25 with 2145 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 18:17 - Aug 24 by BarcaBlue

He could have come out immediately with a full and sincere apology instead of responding to criticism by calling it idiotic and ridiculous. He then made it clear that he had been asked to apologise. If he had responded as he should the focus would be back.on the women's achievement and not on Rubiales' face grabbing and kissing. I saw on The Guardian or BBC that he was also seen grabbing his crotch on the medal podium. Hopefully he resigns tomorrow and the focus can switch back.

On the evidence of that ceremony alone, he's lacking in self-control & clearly unfit for the role.

Gone in the morning - ie in a few hours' time. Will get the push if he doesn't jump first.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:41 - Aug 25 with 2055 viewsEireannach_gorm

Keep digging Luis!

https://www.euronews.com/2023/08/25/spanish-football-chief-luis-rubiales-says-he
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:52 - Aug 25 with 2036 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:41 - Aug 25 by Eireannach_gorm

Keep digging Luis!

https://www.euronews.com/2023/08/25/spanish-football-chief-luis-rubiales-says-he

Too stupid to even understand how stupid he's making himself look, in addition to his revolting slob behaviour.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 15:55 - Aug 25 with 1968 viewsWhos_blue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:52 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

Too stupid to even understand how stupid he's making himself look, in addition to his revolting slob behaviour.

But he got a huge round of applause when he started his "I won't resign" rant.
The Spanish manager seemed to be clapping along in support.....

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:05 - Aug 25 with 1902 viewsyorkshireblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621772

"I want to clarify, that at no time did I consent to the kiss. I don't tolerate that my word is questioned, much less that words are invented that I haven't said."
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:22 - Aug 25 with 1875 viewsBarcaBlue

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:05 - Aug 25 by yorkshireblue

"I want to clarify, that at no time did I consent to the kiss. I don't tolerate that my word is questioned, much less that words are invented that I haven't said."

There were already women refusing to play in the current set up. With both the men's and women's national coaches being close to Rubiales this is going to get really messy. The Spanish sports minister is already putting procedures in place to suspend Rubiales, and he won't go quietly.

Trump would be proud of Rubiales' performance today.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 19:36]
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:50 - Aug 25 with 1831 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 15:55 - Aug 25 by Whos_blue

But he got a huge round of applause when he started his "I won't resign" rant.
The Spanish manager seemed to be clapping along in support.....

Did they hear the bit about "I would have done the same if it had been my daughters"?

Even more shame on them if they did.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 1720 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 20:50 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

Did they hear the bit about "I would have done the same if it had been my daughters"?

Even more shame on them if they did.

It has just got worse:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/26/spain-football-federation-threa

The behind the scenes "pressure", coercion and threats have been given very public form and structure.
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 11:24 - Aug 26 with 1681 viewsArnoldMoorhen

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 00:33 - Aug 23 by BigCommon

Who cares, weve just won the cup. I'd like to think he'd be a sensible adult and put down to spur of the moment, high spirits.. He'd probably hate it if some wet wipe tried to make it into a " thing".. Instead of focusing on the cup success....😘

So your response to Town winning promotion would be to sexually assault the Ipswich captain?

Because you will be in a moment of celebration, and you believe that justifies you celebrating in any way you want?

And you have gone further. When asked what if Sam Morsy wouldn't want you to kiss him, your response is "Who cares?" And you then go on to presume to say how he should respond, should you kiss him non-consensually, and to criticise those who might object to your behaviour in this hypothetical scenario.

Three thoughts:

1. This behaviour would constitute a sexual assault.

2. You weren't "in the heat of the moment" when you wrote either your initial post about kissing Sam, or the further post saying that you wouldn't care if he consented or not. Rather this is a pre-meditated fantasy involving forcing yourself physically on someone, with mental gymnastics to justify it and shift blame on to others.

Both the fantasising of the offence, and the minimising of the impact on the victim, are classic parts of the cycle of behaviour of sexual offenders. (Source: Higher Level Child Protection training)

3. I am concerned about a society where people become so entitled with regard to their "life experiences" that they could even consider the possibility that as a football fan their "right" to celebrate a major win by the team they support is more important than the right of the players who actually won the match/tournament/promotion to celebrate it how *they* want to. For example, being able to celebrate with the team mates and staff who won the victory, rather than being sexually assaulted on the biggest day of their careers.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 11:25]
There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 12:12 - Aug 26 with 1609 viewsthatbdude

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 19:05 - Aug 25 by yorkshireblue

I think they should put "apologised" in qoutation marks because he isn't really apologising and is more double downing himself

Poll: Who going down?

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 13:15 - Aug 26 with 1567 viewsRyorry

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 10:59 - Aug 26 by ArnoldMoorhen

It has just got worse:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/26/spain-football-federation-threa

The behind the scenes "pressure", coercion and threats have been given very public form and structure.

Absolutely shocking, as in jaw-dropping -

"The Spanish football federation has threatened to sue Jenni Hermoso, the player at the centre of a row over its president’s conduct, for lying and defamation.

It has also threatened to sue the 79 women’s football players who signed a letter in which they refused to play for their country as long as Rubiales remained in his post.

In a statement, the federation said that it would take the “necessary legal action” and told the players that “playing for the national team is an obligation on any member of the federation called upon to do so”.

As you've hinted at, this amounts (in public & on the world stage) to trying to exercise coercive control over the women.

The Spanish Federation is now about 250 feet down in the cavernous hole they've been digging & still shovelling furiously - the effort involved will probably have turned their faces an even deeper shade of gammon than usual.

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 13:43 - Aug 26 with 1528 viewsthatbdude

And he's gone

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwaHeWLOXYr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Of course with social media being the place where intelligence goes to rot you can already imagine the comment section defending him

Edit: They've removed the comments because of that. Horrid stuff in there
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 13:58]

Poll: Who going down?

There seems to be a touch of toxic masculinity in Spanish Womans football on 14:18 - Aug 28 with 1388 viewsSamuelowen88

Spanish FA now threatening to withdraw from Fifa competitions.

This is crazy, how long will they keep digging their hole.

Poll: England v Wales Score

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024