Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy/Luongo 10:19 - Aug 20 with 2673 viewsnrb1985

A strange conflux of emotions watching these two.

Happiness and a sense of privilege we’re getting to watch them turn in top performances week in week out. While at the same time a sense of impending dread that we are on borrowed time with both of them :(

Where on earth do you even start with replacing these two? Potentially both at the same time too.
Morsy/Luongo on 10:48 - Aug 20 with 2497 viewsYallop2

Borrowed time?

Chill out and enjoy the season mate
Morsy/Luongo on 10:52 - Aug 20 with 2472 viewsDJR

Exactly my thoughts too, nrb1985.

EDIT: sorry not impending dread, rather sadness that their careers are coming to an end.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 11:02]
Morsy/Luongo on 10:56 - Aug 20 with 2443 viewsStokieBlue

Morsy/Luongo on 10:48 - Aug 20 by Yallop2

Borrowed time?

Chill out and enjoy the season mate

Indeed.

Spending time thinking up things to worry about isn't particularly useful or healthy.

SB
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 10:59]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Morsy/Luongo on 11:05 - Aug 20 with 2374 viewsnrb1985

Morsy/Luongo on 10:56 - Aug 20 by StokieBlue

Indeed.

Spending time thinking up things to worry about isn't particularly useful or healthy.

SB
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 10:59]

While I agree with your sentiment I have been somewhat conditioned by 15 years of dissapointment to expect the worst :)
Morsy/Luongo on 11:30 - Aug 20 with 2271 viewsLeoMuff

We have Taylor patiently waiting in the wings

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Morsy/Luongo on 11:34 - Aug 20 with 2241 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Morsy/Luongo on 10:52 - Aug 20 by DJR

Exactly my thoughts too, nrb1985.

EDIT: sorry not impending dread, rather sadness that their careers are coming to an end.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 11:02]

In their twighlight maybe but not “coming to an end”. Some players maintain a great level into their mid 30’s
Morsy/Luongo on 15:47 - Aug 20 with 1910 viewsRadlett_blue

Morsy was MOTM IMO. Hardly gave away the ball the ball at all, was always showing for it even when in a difficult position & even avoided his usual yellow card. My fears as to whether me might be up to playing 90 minutes every week in the Championship, when we're going to spend more time chasing the ball, seem misplaced. Luongo also did well & lasted the distance.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Morsy/Luongo on 15:51 - Aug 20 with 1878 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy/Luongo on 11:30 - Aug 20 by LeoMuff

We have Taylor patiently waiting in the wings

Anyone else surprised he didn't come on yesterday? Especially with luongos yellow card..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy/Luongo on 16:05 - Aug 20 with 1815 viewsKropotkin123

Morsy/Luongo on 15:51 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Anyone else surprised he didn't come on yesterday? Especially with luongos yellow card..

Yeah. Think Glascow was expecting the change in game too.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Morsy/Luongo on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 1759 viewsRadlett_blue

Morsy/Luongo on 16:05 - Aug 20 by Kropotkin123

McKenna's generally been reluctant to make too many changes this season, switching only the front players & like-for-like substitutions, but I guess this is fine while we're winning. The really pleasing thing about yesterday was how easily we held on to the game after scoring - generally comfortable with keeping the ball & trying to take it forward, rather than Mick's old backs-to-the-wall routine.

Morsy/Luongo on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1704 viewsKropotkin123

Morsy/Luongo on 16:21 - Aug 20 by Radlett_blue

McKenna's generally been reluctant to make too many changes this season, switching only the front players & like-for-like substitutions, but I guess this is fine while we're winning. The really pleasing thing about yesterday was how easily we held on to the game after scoring - generally comfortable with keeping the ball & trying to take it forward, rather than Mick's old backs-to-the-wall routine.

When 7mins injury time went up I had knots in my stomach. But it was the calmest 7mins of the game. Completely took the sting out of the game.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Morsy/Luongo on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 1688 viewsFrimleyBlue

Morsy/Luongo on 16:05 - Aug 20 by Kropotkin123

It was good to see Taylor laughing and joking with chappers after the game.. was hoping he wouldn't be feeling a bit :( after not getting any minutes. Can't be easy going from weekly 90 minutes to not even coming on.

But he did say himself hes learning the role under KM so this could be a slow burner.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Morsy/Luongo on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 1661 viewsRadlett_blue

Morsy/Luongo on 16:40 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

It was good to see Taylor laughing and joking with chappers after the game.. was hoping he wouldn't be feeling a bit :( after not getting any minutes. Can't be easy going from weekly 90 minutes to not even coming on.

But he did say himself hes learning the role under KM so this could be a slow burner.

Given the age of Morsy & Luongo, hard not to see Taylor starting some games soon & I'm sure he'll be starting at Reading in the League Cup. Hopefully he realises he's here for the long haul.

Morsy/Luongo on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 1649 viewsbackwaywhen

In McKenna we trust …. Confident they will sort when the time comes .
Morsy/Luongo on 17:44 - Aug 20 with 1512 viewsDJR

Morsy/Luongo on 11:34 - Aug 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

In their twighlight maybe but not “coming to an end”. Some players maintain a great level into their mid 30’s

You've put it much better than me!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 17:44]
Morsy/Luongo on 18:01 - Aug 20 with 1457 viewsjayessess

Morsy/Luongo on 11:34 - Aug 20 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah Morsy's 31, Luongo, 30, think you could be pretty confident in both still having more or less this level of athleticism for the next 2 seasons at least.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Morsy/Luongo on 18:05 - Aug 20 with 1433 viewsNutkins_Return

Morsy/Luongo on 15:51 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yes in some ways to put legs in there but Morsy and Luongo were probably seen as critical at 1-0 and needed runners pressing ahead of them.

I think we'll take advantage of a strong, largely familiar and well drilled squad in the cup with Taylor playing 90 in that. Whilst we are still in the cup McKenna can keep the squad fit and up to speed. If we go out he'll start to mix up a little bit quicker potentially. Long season.
Morsy/Luongo on 18:07 - Aug 20 with 1422 viewsnodge_blue

Good job Modric never read your posts or he would have quit long ago.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Morsy/Luongo on 18:08 - Aug 20 with 1413 viewsNutkins_Return

Both got 2-3 more years left and around the same level.

Taylor has been bought with transition in mind. Hopefully humphreys can step up.

To be honest Dom ball is so unlucky with the injury he got and Luongo coming in. Ball is a quality player. Ditto Evans really.
Morsy/Luongo on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 1359 viewsSheffordBlue

If both continue in their current form we could end up losing them to the Africa Cup of Nations and the Asia Cup which both start in January. That would be fantastic for them but sub-optimal for us.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Morsy/Luongo on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 1204 viewsDouble_Dutch

I watched the recent Hibs FC Luzern game at Easter Road and, one player stood out by an absolute mile. He remined me of a younger version of Morsy, all be it quicker, younger, 21, and, had a far greater range of passing.

My initial impression was, that Town should certainly take an interest in this player as someone who could quite comfortably be a current first team player and, ultimately Premier League, replacing Morsy.

As I had no idea who the player was, I looked him up, to find he has just broken into the Swiss national team and, is interesting Celtic, reportedly for 5 million. Now, if as asuggested on here multiple times, we are going to break our transfer record, this is the player I would like to see that money spent on.

The players name is Ardon Jashari.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024