Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds v WBA 20:45 - Aug 18 with 2095 viewsstrikalite

What are the Leeds fans singing? One of their players to f@c£ off home? Who?
Leeds v WBA on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 2023 viewsBobsthename

Gnonto he wants a move away and Leeds are wanting him.
Leeds v WBA on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 2037 viewsthe_toff

Something along the lines of ‘if you refuse to play, don’t come back’. Presumably directed at Gnoto, although I doubt he’s watching.
Leeds v WBA on 21:57 - Aug 18 with 1819 viewsPlums

Leeds v WBA on 20:51 - Aug 18 by the_toff

Something along the lines of ‘if you refuse to play, don’t come back’. Presumably directed at Gnoto, although I doubt he’s watching.

They seem very happy with him

[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 21:58]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leeds v WBA on 22:03 - Aug 18 with 1767 viewsChurchman

Don’t know about that, but I thought Dirty Leeds were good second half and deserved to win.

West Brom? Dreadful
Leeds v WBA on 22:25 - Aug 18 with 1666 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds v WBA on 21:57 - Aug 18 by Plums

I admire the effort they’ve made there

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds v WBA on 07:36 - Aug 19 with 1253 viewsblueislander

Leeds v WBA on 22:03 - Aug 18 by Churchman

Don’t know about that, but I thought Dirty Leeds were good second half and deserved to win.

West Brom? Dreadful

Both teams awful.
Leeds v WBA on 08:56 - Aug 19 with 1098 viewsGuthrum

Leeds v WBA on 21:57 - Aug 18 by Plums

To be fair to Gnonto, he's supposedly been told he needs to be playing top-flight football if he wants to stand a chance of being selected for the Italian national team. Leeds aren't any more.

That having been said, refusing to play hardly puts him in the best light for attracting buyers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Leeds v WBA on 09:11 - Aug 19 with 1048 viewsChurchman

Leeds v WBA on 08:56 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

To be fair to Gnonto, he's supposedly been told he needs to be playing top-flight football if he wants to stand a chance of being selected for the Italian national team. Leeds aren't any more.

That having been said, refusing to play hardly puts him in the best light for attracting buyers.

I don’t think there is any excuse for refusing to play for your club. None whatsoever. The Italian national team are not his employer.

If I were Leeds I’d want him nowhere near the club ever again with that attitude. Not selected, go train in the park. And if you are any other club, would you want a player like that in your team? I wouldn’t.

The caveat is if the reported stories are true, of course.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 9:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds v WBA on 09:18 - Aug 19 with 1014 viewsGuthrum

Leeds v WBA on 09:11 - Aug 19 by Churchman

I don’t think there is any excuse for refusing to play for your club. None whatsoever. The Italian national team are not his employer.

If I were Leeds I’d want him nowhere near the club ever again with that attitude. Not selected, go train in the park. And if you are any other club, would you want a player like that in your team? I wouldn’t.

The caveat is if the reported stories are true, of course.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 9:12]

There might be a case for Leeds accusing Italy's mangement of unsettling their player, by making such a stipulation.

Leeds v WBA on 09:53 - Aug 19 with 926 viewsstrikalite

Leeds v WBA on 09:18 - Aug 19 by Guthrum

There might be a case for Leeds accusing Italy's mangement of unsettling their player, by making such a stipulation.

No doubt his agent too is advising him to down tools therefore avoiding injury, waiting for a Club to come in for him where Leeds will want to cash in and get huge wages off the books, worse case if no other Club comes in they terminate his contract, the player can't lose really, he knows he's good enough to then find another Club..
Leeds v WBA on 10:05 - Aug 19 with 881 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Leeds v WBA on 09:53 - Aug 19 by strikalite

No doubt his agent too is advising him to down tools therefore avoiding injury, waiting for a Club to come in for him where Leeds will want to cash in and get huge wages off the books, worse case if no other Club comes in they terminate his contract, the player can't lose really, he knows he's good enough to then find another Club..

If l or you downed tools we would get shown the door very quickly. I cant see why football clubs cannot do the same. Why should they be held to contracts. He needs sacking on the spot. I suppose it's all about wanting a transfer fee.
Leeds v WBA on 10:24 - Aug 19 with 844 viewsGuthrum

Leeds v WBA on 10:05 - Aug 19 by Naylorsrightboot

If l or you downed tools we would get shown the door very quickly. I cant see why football clubs cannot do the same. Why should they be held to contracts. He needs sacking on the spot. I suppose it's all about wanting a transfer fee.

And the fact so much is invested in players. It's more like wanting to repair a malfunctioning but very expensive piece of machinery, or tolerating the eccentricities of a world-class expert. If you can get either working smoothly, then the benefits are enormous.

Leeds v WBA on 11:47 - Aug 19 with 731 viewsjayessess

Leeds v WBA on 10:05 - Aug 19 by Naylorsrightboot

Ordinary employees "down tools" quite often, don't they? Called a strike.

Footballers have very weird employment conditions in lots of ways really. If I want to leave my current job I just resign and work my notice. If I get a better job, my new employer doesn't have to pay my old employer roughly 10 times my annual salary to transfer my registration.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024