Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR hate Dozzell 14:21 - Aug 18 with 2928 viewsMaySixth

unfortunately

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

QPR hate Dozzell on 14:49 - Aug 18 with 2822 viewsScuzzer

'Hate'
Too much hate in this world.

Established 1968

QPR hate Dozzell on 14:56 - Aug 18 with 2785 viewsFacefacts

Horrible club, still hoping he succeeds there to prove them wrong.

The manager is still picking him every week.

He will get a good reception from the away supporters on Saturday.
QPR hate Dozzell on 15:07 - Aug 18 with 2694 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hate is such a strong word. People don't rate certain players. But hate?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

QPR hate Dozzell on 15:27 - Aug 18 with 2586 viewsSE1blue

I’ve seen a couple of QPR fans stating he put in a much better performance last week. I think some are just hopeful that he can improve on previous shows. Haven’t seen hate - LFW seems to hold the strongest dislike for him.

I think he’s unfortunately caught in a moment where the fans are desperate for people to get stuck in and fight but he’s not that kind of player where you’re going to see that in the form of hard tackles and emotion.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

QPR hate Dozzell on 15:56 - Aug 18 with 2471 viewsNutkins_Return

A lot of our fans have re-written history on Dozzell a bit. He was still one of our better performers for me (hence QPR bought him for a million quid). Talented boy. Can pick some sensational passed and silky on the ball.

What he isn't strong on is taking a game by the scruff of the neck and crunching into tackles etc. Dozzell I'm a better team is a quality footballer. (Like if you put Bruno Fernandez in the Luton team he'd probably drive fans a bit man when they are losing lots of games).

You could imagine McKenna actually doing really well with Dozzell. I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him as to big a question mark if he could cover the distances required in a high press side. Good player though, no doubt. Can understand how he doesn't work at QPR.
QPR hate Dozzell on 16:03 - Aug 18 with 2433 viewsxrayspecs

QPR hate Dozzell on 15:56 - Aug 18 by Nutkins_Return

A lot of our fans have re-written history on Dozzell a bit. He was still one of our better performers for me (hence QPR bought him for a million quid). Talented boy. Can pick some sensational passed and silky on the ball.

What he isn't strong on is taking a game by the scruff of the neck and crunching into tackles etc. Dozzell I'm a better team is a quality footballer. (Like if you put Bruno Fernandez in the Luton team he'd probably drive fans a bit man when they are losing lots of games).

You could imagine McKenna actually doing really well with Dozzell. I wouldn't go out of my way to sign him as to big a question mark if he could cover the distances required in a high press side. Good player though, no doubt. Can understand how he doesn't work at QPR.

...If he could cover the distances required in a high press side...?

Not sure that is his natural game though.

For all the technical ability, I cannot recall many games thinking that AD had been the difference, had run the game, or scored/created an important goal.
QPR hate Dozzell on 16:06 - Aug 18 with 2412 viewsChurchman

They don’t hate him. They just don’t think he’s very good. They recognise he can pick a pass, but think he goes missing. ‘Andre the friendly ghost’ is what Clive W labels him and few if any on there have disagreed.

Most of their players have taken a pasting and to be fair to their supporters they’ve been served up a lot of dross in the last nine months - and we know what that feeling is like.

QPR look a mess, regardless of tomorrow.
QPR hate Dozzell on 16:44 - Aug 18 with 2255 viewsNutkins_Return

QPR hate Dozzell on 16:03 - Aug 18 by xrayspecs

...If he could cover the distances required in a high press side...?

Not sure that is his natural game though.

For all the technical ability, I cannot recall many games thinking that AD had been the difference, had run the game, or scored/created an important goal.

Yes, you've made the same points I was making...

I think in a a more dominant team he would be an asset. I.e. for teams that control the ball he would make some big contributions. If the requirement is for someone to win the ball back and in a direct team he just doesn't work. Not his strengths.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR hate Dozzell on 17:35 - Aug 18 with 2084 viewsITFCed

If his name was Joe Bloggs, I doubt he would be mentioned at all on here

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

QPR hate Dozzell on 17:46 - Aug 18 with 2040 viewsmonkeymagic

QPR hate Dozzell on 16:06 - Aug 18 by Churchman

They don’t hate him. They just don’t think he’s very good. They recognise he can pick a pass, but think he goes missing. ‘Andre the friendly ghost’ is what Clive W labels him and few if any on there have disagreed.

Most of their players have taken a pasting and to be fair to their supporters they’ve been served up a lot of dross in the last nine months - and we know what that feeling is like.

QPR look a mess, regardless of tomorrow.

Yes,he does seem to go missing all too often and CW wrote that he “should have been charged an admission fee” in describing his performance at Fleetwood in an FA cup tie.
I think the QPR fan’s frustration is intensified by knowing that he is capable of producing a pass of this quality : (50 seconds in)
QPR hate Dozzell on 17:56 - Aug 18 with 1978 viewsBlueBadger

QPR hate Dozzell on 17:35 - Aug 18 by ITFCed

He would if he'd played for us, because people here are a bit weird about former players, particular youth team ones.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

QPR hate Dozzell on 19:38 - Aug 18 with 1759 viewsReusersTown

QPR hate Dozzell on 17:35 - Aug 18 by ITFCed

Of course he wouldn't, but he isn't, so what's your point?
QPR hate Dozzell on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 1578 viewsfranz_tyson

Why would McKenna do well with Dozzell? He can't play the Morsy or Luongo role ( deep- lying or box-box ) as he hasn't got the engine or tackling ability. He can't play 10 as we really need someone who can actually put the ball in the net and have dribbling ability ( Chapln / Broadhead). This is getting into fantasyland where McKenna can transform a player in a training session. But we're a hard-working team and we haven't got room for passengers. If Dozzell had a special talent like goals-scoring or assists or set-pieces that could maybe mean we could overlook his weaker areas. But he doesn't.
Great business for us getting that million.
QPR hate Dozzell on 21:13 - Aug 18 with 1515 viewsibbleobble

People said that when he left to join QPR. They were top 6 when he was in and out of the squad and he contributed little of note to get them there and drifted from cameo role to cameo role. The argument that ‘he’d excel in a better footballing team’ is the rewriting history bit as he’s never proven that to be the case. He’s not good enough at Championship level to achieve the promise he once had and it’s about time this forum just acknowledged it and put it to bed.
QPR hate Dozzell on 23:29 - Aug 18 with 1295 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

QPR hate Dozzell on 20:51 - Aug 18 by franz_tyson

Why would McKenna do well with Dozzell? He can't play the Morsy or Luongo role ( deep- lying or box-box ) as he hasn't got the engine or tackling ability. He can't play 10 as we really need someone who can actually put the ball in the net and have dribbling ability ( Chapln / Broadhead). This is getting into fantasyland where McKenna can transform a player in a training session. But we're a hard-working team and we haven't got room for passengers. If Dozzell had a special talent like goals-scoring or assists or set-pieces that could maybe mean we could overlook his weaker areas. But he doesn't.
Great business for us getting that million.

I disagree, I think McKenna could have made players like Dozzell and Downes much better, I’d even throw someone like Bishop into that mix. Just look at what he’s done with players like Jackson and Wolfenden who were nailed on for release prior to his arrival.
QPR hate Dozzell on 00:21 - Aug 19 with 1213 viewsGarv

QPR hate Dozzell on 23:29 - Aug 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I disagree, I think McKenna could have made players like Dozzell and Downes much better, I’d even throw someone like Bishop into that mix. Just look at what he’s done with players like Jackson and Wolfenden who were nailed on for release prior to his arrival.

McKenna could probably make most players better, because he's a brilliant coach. That doesn't mean the player would work well his team.

Scott Fraser probably would have improved had he stuck around, but McKenna didn't play him and was happy to see him go. Coincidentally another talented ball player but also lightweight and goes missing in games.

I understand people saying "imagine what McKenna could have done with Dozzell, Bishop and Downes etc" but it's a bit over-romantic. He would have had to get Bishop out of the treatment room for starters.

As a separate point, I don't think many people saw Wolfenden as nailed on to leave except Paul Cook. Maybe I'm rewriting history but I'm pretty sure he was still rated as a big talent around that time by the fan base, albeit one that had had a bad year.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024