Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game 00:00 - Aug 18 with 2148 viewsMaySixth

two wonderful signings, what an impact

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 01:39 - Aug 18 with 2080 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I was thinking this regarding Broadhead as his nightly injury record has been discussed and that I can’t ever remember him making a full 90…

That said, other than a very brief sticky spell last season we’ve generally been 2+ goals ahead after the 60/70 minute mark so it’s been comfortable bringing him off.. we might see him go deeper into matches if they’re particularly close/we’re chasing an equaliser etc.
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 01:50 - Aug 18 with 2067 viewsBigCommon

Think the idea is to put a 90 minute shift, into 70 minutes. Especially in Hirst' case. Maybe a bit more management with Broadhead... Both fantastic players.
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 08:54 - Aug 18 with 1649 viewsElephantintheRoom

Haaland usually comes off after 60 minutes too. I suspect it’s got something to do with money doping, the ludicrous five subs rule - and signing fragile players

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 10:11 - Aug 18 with 1533 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 08:54 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Haaland usually comes off after 60 minutes too. I suspect it’s got something to do with money doping, the ludicrous five subs rule - and signing fragile players

Well, you would.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 11:14 - Aug 18 with 1434 viewsReus30

It's just logically, you want to bring on at least 3 attacking subs going full intensity after 60 mins after Hirst, Burns and Broadhead have given it full beans for 60+, especially with pressing.

Certainly along with Chappers, they are our most creative players. I don't want them to play the full 90 as it's a really long season.
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 11:21 - Aug 18 with 1416 viewsVaughan8

I would guess broadhead has had a fair few 80+ mins though. He's not one we take off earlier usually.

The main striker must be told to work his socks off and will be taken off usually betwen 60-70 mins.
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 12:34 - Aug 18 with 1349 viewsrfretwell

In Sir Bobby's day - take Mariner off after 60 mins - not fckin likely
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 12:52 - Aug 18 with 1302 viewsJon_456

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Reus30

It's just logically, you want to bring on at least 3 attacking subs going full intensity after 60 mins after Hirst, Burns and Broadhead have given it full beans for 60+, especially with pressing.

Certainly along with Chappers, they are our most creative players. I don't want them to play the full 90 as it's a really long season.

I’m waiting for the ‘but they’re paid lots of money, why can’t they run for 90mins twice a week without getting tired / injured’ brigade to appear..
Login to get fewer ads

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 1116 viewsWickets

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 12:34 - Aug 18 by rfretwell

In Sir Bobby's day - take Mariner off after 60 mins - not fckin likely

Years ago simply cant compare .
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 21:39 - Aug 18 with 1056 viewsNutkins_Return

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 01:39 - Aug 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I was thinking this regarding Broadhead as his nightly injury record has been discussed and that I can’t ever remember him making a full 90…

That said, other than a very brief sticky spell last season we’ve generally been 2+ goals ahead after the 60/70 minute mark so it’s been comfortable bringing him off.. we might see him go deeper into matches if they’re particularly close/we’re chasing an equaliser etc.

5 subs rule mean this will be the norm. If you are a pressing team its almost essential unless the game for whatever reason is less intense.

Despite the subs rule meaning we'll see more of it, it's not a new thing. Joe Cole never used to play 90 I remember at Chelsea. More like 60-70.
Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 22:35 - Aug 18 with 1004 viewsCoastalblue

I've no problem with that, I'd rather have their 100% compressed into 60-70 minutes rather than diluted across another 20-30, while we have capable replacements on the bench.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 22:56 - Aug 18 with 953 viewsArnieM

Luongo in his interview with EADT explains the squads increasing intensity and work rate. It was there for all to see v Stoke. They couldn’t match it. But it takes time to build up that level of endurance at that intensity, and players who missed part or all of the pre season will be lagging behind a bit. You watch us really go once we hit Oct/Nov.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 04:01 - Aug 19 with 866 viewsBondiBlue

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Reus30

Burns isn't usually one that gets taken off. Fair play, obviously a very fit man.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 08:14 - Aug 19 with 788 viewsArnieM

McKenna said this week, “ games will be won from the bench”. Meaning I suppose that the players who come on will maintain the high press into the last 30mins when hopefully opponents are flagging. So we essentially maintain a 90+ min high press and intensity.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 12:31 - Aug 19 with 706 viewsVegtablue

Hirst and Broadhead still yet to play 90 minutes for us in a League game on 08:54 - Aug 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Haaland doesn't usually coming off at 60'. He doesn't usually come off closer to 60' than 90'. He made 90' in two-thirds of his 33 PL starts last season and came off before 75' in one-fifth.

Still, to be a generous 20% correct is progress Elephant. You're on the up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024