Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s a good result on Sunday? 07:20 - Aug 4 with 2482 viewsonceablue

I would love a 2-0 win but I would also be happy with a 2-2 draw

I think it is important for us to score

A draw and then a home win against Stoke would be a great start

Heard from a reliable source Walton is definitely out but Broadhead is fine
What’s a good result on Sunday? on 12:23 - Aug 4 with 303 viewsStrimmer

A draw would be a fine result.

I normally prefer a score draw but I think a 0-0 might be the more encouraging result in this case

Poll: Was it a punch?

What’s a good result on Sunday? on 13:14 - Aug 4 with 259 viewsBent_double

Statistically, this is probably not correct, but I've convinced myself that most opening day fixtures for us finish 1-1, so I'll stick with that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What’s a good result on Sunday? on 13:18 - Aug 4 with 255 viewsjayessess

A draw would be a cracking result.

We won the majority of our away games last season, but worth reminding ourselves that the only teams to do that in the Championship last season were Burnley and Sheffield United. The median number of away wins last year was 7, the 12th-best away team won 7 drew 6 lost 10. We're very likely to come away from 2/3rds of our away games without a win.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What’s a good result on Sunday? on 16:16 - Aug 4 with 207 viewsHighgateBlue

What’s a good result on Sunday? on 09:22 - Aug 4 by Guthrum

I don't have so much faith in people's level-headedness, thinking back to the winter slump last season and the current general gloom over our prospects in the light of a so far unspectacular* transfer window. There will be several ready to shout "I told you so" and provoke arguments.

Cuts both ways, too. If we win handsomely, the fans will get all giddy-headed over possibilities of making the top six.

* Tho, in my view, quite good in terms of who we have managed to sign.

Yes it's easy to forget that although Hirst was with us last season, there was no guarantee of getting him, and now we have him on a permanent deal. That's good business, and he knows and works well with our system and personnel.

Taylor was one that KMac has really wanted for a while. That's good enough for me.

Clearly we've missed out on a couple of targets which is totally to be expected. One or two more will surely still come in. But if not, hey, a tidy but unspectacular transfer window is no bad thing. We have a team that plays together well, we have team spirit, we have momentum, and this isn't Football Manager. I think we've forgotten the joys of a settled side*

If we start shakily and the fanbase lose their biscuits, I hope you will be coming straight to me and shouting I TOLD YOU SO! :)

*albeit one with 73 subs coming on in the second half
What’s a good result on Sunday? on 16:18 - Aug 4 with 200 viewsHighgateBlue

Sweden to edge it over the United States 1-0.

Or did you mean Monday, when England play Nigeria?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024