Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester 11:52 - Aug 2 with 9807 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 1440 viewsReusersTown

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:19 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

If you are targeting Prem fringe players that are highly regarded and already have some evidence of success, it’s going to cost you a lot of money and you will have competition for the signature. The first sign of other clubs showing interest in our targets, we’ve given up, we have been very naive and it’s a bit embarrassing tbh.

Trying to buy Champagne with beer money.

You really aren't fooling anyone. Is WOTB so depressing these days you have to spend all your time on here.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:48 - Aug 2 with 1348 viewstopguy

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:36 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Simms terms had been agreed with the player, was all about negotiations with the club, same as Rak Sakyi, other parties rocked up and said they’d pay more and we moved on, the “Ipswich story” just doesn’t work above League 1, it’s all about the money and we won’t pay more than we decide we want to. Unfortunately for us, the laws of supply/demand are at work here, the League doesn’t work based on our valuation, but rather what anybody is willing to pay.

According to the palace side we asked earlier in the window and told no they are keeping him so im assuming we moved for hutchinson so to make sure we had someone on board, but apprently palace changed their stance recently given we got hutchinson we were not going back in thats the way it goes if we had not had hutchinson right now we still would not get rak saki he will go the LC so we would have had nobody that would be worse
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:55 - Aug 2 with 1309 viewsWallingford_Boy

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

We've currently got...
talkingsh*te
naylorsrightboot
frimleyblue
itfcblues
elephantintheroom

There are definitely others too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:53]

Wallingford_Boy

Definite info..

RIP Sir Bobby

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:00 - Aug 2 with 1276 viewsBiGDonnie

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:55 - Aug 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Wallingford_Boy

Definite info..

You're just a bit slow but your hearts in the right place

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 1196 viewsWallingford_Boy

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:00 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

You're just a bit slow but your hearts in the right place

I'll definitely take that!

x

RIP Sir Bobby

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 1140 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Not sure he’s online, but a certain Mr Ham wasn’t confirmed this is true just yet. I won’t buy it until I see a “Rak-Sayki set for Leicester loan” news article.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 15:31]
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:32 - Aug 2 with 1128 viewsGeomorph

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:40 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

I do actually, that def info was accurate, hence the reason there was so much confidence that he was coming on board.

if that is true, and your other asserion that once other clubs got involved we dipped out based on inflated costs, why the hell are you saying our club recruitment is in a mess. none of your story is making any sense, in sharp contrast with the recruitment strategy of the club
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:45 - Aug 2 with 1050 viewsVegtablue

Oh drats I thought we'd already given up on this.
Login to get fewer ads

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:57 - Aug 2 with 1005 viewsJon_456

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:19 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

If you are targeting Prem fringe players that are highly regarded and already have some evidence of success, it’s going to cost you a lot of money and you will have competition for the signature. The first sign of other clubs showing interest in our targets, we’ve given up, we have been very naive and it’s a bit embarrassing tbh.

Trying to buy Champagne with beer money.

How you haven’t been banned yet with your daily trolling I’ll never know.

What evidence is there of us giving up and where is the crossover between giving up and being sensible with our money?

You clearly know absolutely nothing on the transfer dealings the club are involved in and simply gamble on a few Twitter rumours in the hope it makes you look ITK.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 911 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:32 - Aug 2 by Geomorph

if that is true, and your other asserion that once other clubs got involved we dipped out based on inflated costs, why the hell are you saying our club recruitment is in a mess. none of your story is making any sense, in sharp contrast with the recruitment strategy of the club

Already answered this earlier. If you're targeting players that are going to be in demand and attached to Prem clubs, they're not going to be sold/loaned cheaply, so the question begs, why are we chasing these targets if we aren't prepared to spend the money to get them? Big waste of time and energy.

We can't seem to secure signatures from players at Championship clubs either, the whole thing is a mess. As it stands, the gaffer wanted several more bodies to improve the side and he hasn't got them, first game this weekend, that's poor recruitment. How far down the list of targets are we now? Getting to the point where we aren't signing players we want and think will improve us, but being forced to sign players to cover injuries and fill out the squad, Ahadme mark 2.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 16:32 - Aug 2 with 879 viewsVic

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 15:32 - Aug 2 by Geomorph

Exactly!

It's hard work on here sometimes isn't it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 16:37 - Aug 2 with 851 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:34 - Aug 2 by Keno

Yes there is 'over the odds'

Lets say I'm selling my Reliant Robin for £5,000 but all you can afford in £4,000 if you end up buying it by begging, borrowing, stealing the money that you have paid over your odds.

In your world affordability doesnt seem to be an issue

You can have mr Reliant Robin for £10K by the way
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:40]

You have valued your car at £5,000 but the price it ultimately achieves is based on supply/demand and what buyers are willing to pay for it. Affordability doesn't come into the equation.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 16:40 - Aug 2 with 812 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 16:28 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Already answered this earlier. If you're targeting players that are going to be in demand and attached to Prem clubs, they're not going to be sold/loaned cheaply, so the question begs, why are we chasing these targets if we aren't prepared to spend the money to get them? Big waste of time and energy.

We can't seem to secure signatures from players at Championship clubs either, the whole thing is a mess. As it stands, the gaffer wanted several more bodies to improve the side and he hasn't got them, first game this weekend, that's poor recruitment. How far down the list of targets are we now? Getting to the point where we aren't signing players we want and think will improve us, but being forced to sign players to cover injuries and fill out the squad, Ahadme mark 2.

You know none of this. Stop lying.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 17:01 - Aug 2 with 718 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

We've currently got...
talkingsh*te
naylorsrightboot
frimleyblue
itfcblues
elephantintheroom

There are definitely others too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:53]

Hello Sprucey
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 17:02 - Aug 2 with 716 viewsBigCommon

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:26 - Aug 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep I can tell you haven't watched Rak Sakyi play before...

I'm just an ignorant football fan with an opinion based on how I see things. I don't pretend to be ITK like some on here. I don't have 6 Windows open on my PC to try and be clever with stats. I don't ask Alexa to tell me how to respond to a comment. And I don't hang around outside Portman Rd in the freezing cold after a game, hoping to get 30 seconds of fame on any of the many cheesy podcasts out there. So I might not fit in that well with some people on here... That's fine, by me.
Thought forums were meant to be platforms for debate debate? Where different opinions could be discussed.
It's ok to disagree from time to time, you know. Without the sly insults..
I've watched RS, but I've watched us a he'll of a lot more.
I'm not bothered that he's not coming here.. Can't believe how some of our fan base are so rattled by a Palace player who wore a Charlton shirt, not coming here... Id understand it more if hed played here a season on loan, already.... But realistically, weve lost nothing at all...
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 17:02 - Aug 2 with 707 viewsitfcsuth

Believe our interest in him significantly cooled after bringing in Hutchinson.

Presume we were aware of the competition for his signature and acted accordingly and moved elsewhere.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 684 viewsitfcsuth

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:26 - Aug 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep I can tell you haven't watched Rak Sakyi play before...

I don’t think their assessment is too far off to be fair - especially in regards to work rate, something Hutchinson apparently is really strong at (according to Chelsea). Showed this against Luton as well, couple of really good ball recoveries in dangerous areas from his pressing.

Charlton ST colleague did say Rak-Sayki was a talent, but was streaky (as with most young players, and likely Hutchinson will be the same).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024