Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked 15:03 - Jul 28 with 4948 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Now we’re 4th favs to win the Championship; tickets are like golddust to buy; we’re playing and beating teams who play champions league every season and optimism could not be any higher. And more importantly than that, we’ve a group of players, staff, owners and management who actually give a sh*t about our club. This is the Ipswich we all wanted when I was posting #EvansOut every Saturday at 5:00.

Uppa Towen. Thankyou Gamechanger.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:04]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 18:58 - Jul 28 with 1092 viewsMattinLondon

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:33 - Jul 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Not everyone wants Town to be a money-doped franchise staffed by chancers and mercenaries. But I’m glad you’re happy.

I don’t know why I’m replying to you but here goes.

When I lived in or relatively close to Portman Road I attended regularly. Promotion, relegation, good times, bad times as well as adjunct boredom and disappointment. Now I live a good five hours away, have a young family that come first, I won’t be able to get a ticket. Each match will be a sell-out a fair few in attendance will be fans that only visit PR when times are good. Am I bitter? Not a chance. I’m really happy that the club is in a much much better place. Maybe it’s because I’m a glass-half-full kinda person, maybe I’m naive, I don’t care.

If you’re a Town fan, then maybe embrace the warmth in your cynical heart. If you’re not, then it’s all rather sad.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 19:18 - Jul 28 with 1013 viewsSharkey

"we’re playing and beating teams who play champions league every season"

It's quite a while since Bremen were in Europe at all. They only got back in Bundesliga 1 a year ago, after a couple of seasons in the second division.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 19:24 - Jul 28 with 999 viewsSwansea_Blue

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 18:58 - Jul 28 by MattinLondon

I don’t know why I’m replying to you but here goes.

When I lived in or relatively close to Portman Road I attended regularly. Promotion, relegation, good times, bad times as well as adjunct boredom and disappointment. Now I live a good five hours away, have a young family that come first, I won’t be able to get a ticket. Each match will be a sell-out a fair few in attendance will be fans that only visit PR when times are good. Am I bitter? Not a chance. I’m really happy that the club is in a much much better place. Maybe it’s because I’m a glass-half-full kinda person, maybe I’m naive, I don’t care.

If you’re a Town fan, then maybe embrace the warmth in your cynical heart. If you’re not, then it’s all rather sad.

Ditto and well said.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 19:39 - Jul 28 with 965 viewsBlueOura

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:33 - Jul 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Not everyone wants Town to be a money-doped franchise staffed by chancers and mercenaries. But I’m glad you’re happy.

Tell us now, what exactly DO you want town to be?

I mean, going by your obvious true allegience, I'm guessing you would rather have liked for us to have dropped into league two and beyond under Evans and Lambert?

Sorry to disappoint, but we are moving very nicely in the opposite direction now, and long may it continue.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 19:55 - Jul 28 with 948 viewsmonkeymagic

For anyone that wants a behind the scenes insight into Lamberts tenure, here’s a taster :
https://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/the-lambert-diaries-part-1/
This was sent to me at the time by a Norwich supporting colleague who isn’t quite so cocky these days…..
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 06:25 - Jul 29 with 771 viewsPioneerBlue

Good OP

You can block people on this forum. Suggest it’s under used.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 08:25 - Jul 29 with 707 viewsMJallday

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:43 - Jul 28 by HighgateBlue

Don't get me wrong, I like Gamechanger, but who wouldn't prefer Keith Floyd!!!?

The signings would be awesome

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 587 viewsEireannach_gorm

Login to get fewer ads

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 12:45 - Jul 29 with 530 viewsVaughan8

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:45 - Jul 28 by pointofblue

As an aside, is the Leipzig forum in meltdown as they've lost to a second tier English side?

Just having flashbacks to post Cambridge/Stevenage...

Agreed. This forum goes from one extreme to the other. Haha
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024